I still can't get over the hire of Patke

Advertisement
Patke is the least of our worries.

There’s only 2 scenarios that can save us:

1. Richt has a finding Jesus moment and adapts the offense to what we have. He also looks at himself as a play caller and changes for the better.

2. Richt has a finding Jesus moment and realizes time has passed his OC skills by. He still wants to coach so he demotes Jr to Lead Coffee Getter and hires a true OC.

Well since we know #2 ain't happening let's at least hope #1 happens. I'm skeptical about that either given his QAM interview yesterday.

Do we need an alabama type staff of 123098 ex HBCs as coordinators/coaches to win? No. Do we need a competent OC here to win? Yes. Does a competent OC break the bank? No.

You think an OC is going to fix our OL/Special Teams/Lack of depth/ QB issues? Wow

Hiring an unproven LBs coach instead of a ST coach was ****** level staff managing by Richt. Create all the excuses you want for him though if that makes you sleep better at night. He has built a staff full of "yes men" to make his job even safer. Ever since Pruitt called him out, Richt hasn't wanted anyone on his staff who would/could question him. It's actually pretty genius on his part, it just sucks for the fans.

If these gentlemen cared, you speak so kindly of, then why did Miami have two head coaching FLOPS prior to CMR. Mr. Onion Head WASN'T ready to be a head coach at a Power 5 program, and the other dude was OUT OF HIS LEAGUE. The bottom line, is these powerful MONEY BROKERS were TOO CHEAP to hire a proven, experienced head coach!!!!

I think there's logic to that but a lot of decisions in the past were dictated by Shalala. That's changed now...as you can see.

Advertisement
You think an OC is going to fix our OL/Special Teams/Lack of depth/ QB issues? Wow

Nah but it will "address" (note, not fix) our woes at QB and OL and figure out how to gameplan around those personnel challenges and schematically, be a little more prorgressive and less predictable. Will those things get us an NC? Probably not but it will in time.

It's the same dumb excuse people on here believe why Aranda chose LSU over UM. It wasn't the money. UM would've payed the money. It was because LSU had more talent on defense and he didn't want an offense on the other side with Richt calling plays.

Unfortunately, this.

You guys really have to understand where we are now vs where we've come from. The buy-in to the football program from the university is FAR greater than it's ever been, and that's a testament to Blake James and Mark Richt (with an assist to Golden, who finally proved that if you hire a budget staff you get mediocre results).

James was given the authority to increase the budget in order to bring Richt in. Richt negotiated a little higher salary pool for assistants than was previously laid out. So this was a huge investment to a program by a school who had invested virtually nothing since the 1980s. All in all, a massive upgrade from the administration.

HOWEVER, Miami is still very, very, very far behind the elite schools, monetarily. They're not even in the same ballpark. Patke was hired in large part because he was cheap. Again, not defending the move. It was incredibly short-sighted, as he really brings nothing to the staff, and he wasn't needed considering the performance of the defense and Manny's ability to coach LBs. But the NCAA gave the green-light for a 10th assistant, and Richt's pockets are empty. So you get Patke.

You guys just have to accept the fact that this is a 2nd rate program in terms of money, and we will need to win using our natural resources (brand, location, pedigree, academics) instead of winning the arms race. That's not a fair fight, and Miami will never be able to compete in that arena.

Horse ****.

Miami makes a ****load of money. More than enough to hire someone better than Patke.

This “woe is me, miami can’t afford to put cheese on it’s whopper” mentality has to go.

Don’t give the admin a free pass for being cheap. They HAVE plenty of money to compete with anyone.

Advertisement
It's the same dumb excuse people on here believe why Aranda chose LSU over UM. It wasn't the money. UM would've payed the money. It was because LSU had more talent on defense and he didn't want an offense on the other side with Richt calling plays.

You're speaking out of your stinky **** WHOLE!

Umm no. **** in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills first. You are delusional if you think we can pay for an elite staff . **** the IPF still isn’t fully funded .
The IPF number has been met and has increased. That's what people do with successful fundraisers. You don't get it and that's okay. I'm far from delusional. Go take a look at our current BOT and tell me they can't do whatever TF they want. You obviously don't know who they are or you'd STFU.

Advertisement
Horse ****.

Miami makes a ****load of money. More than enough to hire someone better than Patke.

This “woe is me, miami can’t afford to put cheese on it’s whopper” mentality has to go.

Don’t give the admin a free pass for being cheap. They HAVE plenty of money to compete with anyone.

LOL you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Zero.

Everyone understands this, but the confusion is why at that position and why give it to a QC guy. We knew we weren’t going to be Ohio state and go snag some big time name as our 10th coach but we were expecting a name with some experience, coaching a unit that needed improvement, most notably ST and OL. Not coaching exclusively LBs. This is Patke’s first on field, full time coaching job on the FBS level... At the University of Miami.

Read the thread. Clearly people don't understand this at all.

But the rest of your post is 100% accurate. The hire made no sense at the time and will never make any sense. He's not even coaching LBs. He's coaching OUTSIDE LBs hahaha.

But look at the staff as a whole. It's a ton of Patke's. Banda...we like him, I get it. He had virtually no experience. Jess Simpson has no experience at this level. Todd Hartley has virtually none. Rumph had none. I'm not saying Miami can't win with this staff...I fully believe they can IF they hire a true OC with experience.

But if you don't believe me about the money just look at who is here. All of these guys save Manny Diaz are bargain hires. Was anyone knocking Jon Richt or Thomas Brown's doors down to hire them 3 years ago? Of course not. Miami's assistant pool is peanuts compared to the big dogs in the sport.

LOL you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Zero.

I don’t get why some of our “fans” continue to go to bat for our cheapskate admin, instead of holding them accountable, when they try to cut corners.

Miami admin has been cutting corners and cheaping out for a generation....and some “fans” encourage it

Advertisement
The IPF number has been met and has increased. That's what people do with successful fundraisers. You don't get it and that's okay. I'm far from delusional. Go take a look at our current BOT and tell me they can't do whatever TF they want. You obviously don't know who they are or you'd STFU.

Yea just because people have money they spend it. Fck your dumb

Said it back when it was announced, it was lazy and it looks worse now. Just shows that Richt didn't think he needed any help offensively. Let's hope reality has set in after another miserable performance.

We have plenty of money to hire a competent offensive staff. LMAO at this BS money argument that pops up all too often. As if BS programs like UCF are out there breaking the bank In order to put up points. GTFOOH.

Advertisement
Back