I still can't get over the hire of Patke

Mr. Certificate turned into Mr. Badass. Let me guess you want to meet in the blue lot?

Now this genius is talking games and education. Hilarious . You get owned in a forum and you have an MBA from Yale? Might wanna get your money back. Why don’t you tell everyone how much “ you make “ too.

I was right 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Mr. Certificate turned into Mr. Badass. Let me guess you want to meet in the blue lot?

Now this genius is talking games and education. Hilarious . You get owned in a forum and you have an MBA from Yale? Might wanna get your money back. Why don’t you tell everyone how much “ you make “ too.

Guessing this was meant for me?

All I'm saying is that you should think critically
I agree, no way A&M has more money that UT. The amount of money UT generates is enormous. They were the first program to have their own TV network for a reason.

People need to think critically, rather than just blindly trusting some article as if it were gospel. I like Forbes as much as the next guy, but take it with a grain of salt. This was just a pop piece written to entertain - not exactly a serious academic study in to the valuations of college football programs.

I looked in to the Forbes author of the piece - Chris Smith. His formal education is a bachelors degree in "Sociology and Interdisciplinary Social Sciences" from.... you guessed it.... Florida State University.

So people need to take it as entertainment, and with a huge grain of salt.

What an absolute waste of an opportunity that was and a complete indictment of Richt.

I still can't get over last power 5 team to get an IPF...behind Wake, Vandy and KY.

Then to have to beg for donations to finish it off....I'm starting to believe what I actually spew, that is, this school really can't afford quality assistants.

UM

Guessing this was meant for me?

All I'm saying is that you should think critically

People need to think critically, rather than just blindly trusting some article as if it were gospel. I like Forbes as much as the next guy, but take it with a grain of salt. This was just a pop piece written to entertain - not exactly a serious academic study in to the valuations of college football programs.

I looked in to the Forbes author of the piece - Chris Smith. His formal education is a bachelors degree in "Sociology and Interdisciplinary Social Sciences" from.... you guessed it.... Florida State University.

So people need to take it as entertainment, and with a huge grain of salt.

It’s better than your 3rd grade education from Liberty city elementary GTFOH Mr. Cetificate no one believes a word spewing from your **** sucker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of you guys don't get it. It's not about Patke and how good he is or isn't at coaching outside linebackers or whatever he does. It's about Mark Richt and what he did with the opportunity to hire another coach. He was given a gift, the ability to add another coach to the staff. And with that gift came a mandate: use this hire to improve the team as much as possible. Where do we need the most help? What coach will be the most impactful hire? Given the infinite possibilities, he hired a guy to coach outside linebackers or striker or whatever he does. The guy doesn't even coach the whole unit, just part of the linebackers. For Richt to analyze our strengths and weaknesses and decide that this was the hire that would most improve our team is straight retarded.

It’s better than your 3rd grade education from Liberty city elementary GTFOH Mr. Cetificate no one believes a word spewing from your **** sucker.

Would you say that your auto mechanic doesn't know about fixing cars?

Would you say that your plumber doesn't know about pipes?

Would you say that your doctor doesn't know about diseases?

I'm not bragging about my education. There are a lot of things in this world that I don't know **** about. But when it comes to making financial valuations - I have a lot of training and experience. That's my wheelhouse.

If that bothers you, then that's on you. Too bad.

Is this guy a savage on the trail?

Brings up a great point.

In my opinion the bulk of the recruiting is done by the HC. Not in person but by how he handles the team and how his teams look on gameday has the most impact on crootin.

I agree you do have to close the deal at the dinner table. Most of that when it comes to the TOP recruits is all HC.

Patke is a Diaz guy. He worked for Diaz at MSU and Louisiana Tech. Patke worked with Banda at Incarnate Word in San Antonio. Banda worked for Diaz at Texas and MSU.

Richt signed off, but Diaz's hands are all over this hire. And, to be fair, the LBs are playing better.

I do agree though, a full time special teams coach is needed. Or, get Banda away from his additional duties as 'Director of Youth Football Development' (per UM site) and have him coach safeties and special teams.

Hartley should focus on TEs, where he does very well, and recruiting. I noticed Hartley's title does not include 'Recruiting Coordinator'. Does he fill that role? If not. who does?

Advertisement
WRONG! UM has the money to compete with anyone. There's multiple billionaire's on our BOT alone. There's only about 500 in the entire country. I fully believe James would pay whatever necessary if Richt came in with conviction saying we need to upgrade. The issue is Richt's nepotism, not money.

Which billionaires do we have on our BOT? Not calling you out. I am interested.

I get what OP is saying but Patke has done a good job. The linebackers are much more disciplined this year. Even the reserves have made improvements.

That said, a true special teams coach or maybe an offensive assistant with an iota of experience would have probably been a better hire with that extra coaching spot.

Mike Smith is even playing better than Shaq.

Patke is a Diaz guy. He worked for Diaz at MSU and Louisiana Tech. Patke worked with Banda at Incarnate Word in San Antonio. Banda worked for Diaz at Texas and MSU.

Richt signed off, but Diaz's hands are all over this hire. And, to be fair, the LBs are playing better.

I do agree though, a full time special teams coach is needed. Or, get Banda away from his additional duties as 'Director of Youth Football Development' (per UM site) and have him coach safeties and special teams.

Hartley should focus on TEs, where he does very well, and recruiting. I noticed Hartley's title does not include 'Recruiting Coordinator'. Does he fill that role? If not. who does?

Mike Smith>Shaq

Advertisement
\
This. And Dimare is worth over $10 billion.

LOL! Dimare is not worth 10 billion. You literally googled his name and net worth and got that from the Haute100 article, but if you opened the article it would explain that the 10 billion in projects is for someone else. Not Dimare.

Advertisement
\

LOL! Dimare is not worth 10 billion. You literally googled his name and net worth and got that from the Haute100 article, but if you opened the article it would explain that the 10 billion in projects is for someone else. Not Dimare.
You’re right. That sounded incredibly high when I saw it. He’s probably around a Billion now in his market. I’ll look on wealth engine tmrw and see what it says. The Soffer’s and Frost’s are assuredly multibillionaire’s.

You’re right. That sounded incredibly high when I saw it. He’s probably around a Billion now in his market. I’ll look on wealth engine tmrw and see what it says. The Soffer’s and Frost’s are assuredly multibillionaire’s.

I would appreciate that if you would do that. I always have these debates with some of my friends and I would love some extra ammo lol.

Read the thread. Clearly people don't understand this at all.

But the rest of your post is 100% accurate. The hire made no sense at the time and will never make any sense. He's not even coaching LBs. He's coaching OUTSIDE LBs hahaha.

But look at the staff as a whole. It's a ton of Patke's. Banda...we like him, I get it. He had virtually no experience. Jess Simpson has no experience at this level. Todd Hartley has virtually none. Rumph had none. I'm not saying Miami can't win with this staff...I fully believe they can IF they hire a true OC with experience.

But if you don't believe me about the money just look at who is here. All of these guys save Manny Diaz are bargain hires. Was anyone knocking Jon Richt or Thomas Brown's doors down to hire them 3 years ago? Of course not. Miami's assistant pool is peanuts compared to the big dogs in the sport.

You bring up good points but do you feel those guys were hired because of financial issues or was it Richt bringing Brown and little Richt with him. Those two are 100% on Richt and not a Miami money issue. He did go out and get Kool and Dugans who had experience. Both were considered great hires. Banda was Manny's dude. When you're an offensive coach and you hire a DC from another program you expect him to bring a couple of his guys. Rumph was hired with an eye on getting into AH but that was a bust. Luckily he has coached up his guys better than we expected. I don't mind hiring a couple green coaches but I get we have hired too many which is why I didn't like like promoting Patke. It didn't make sense with all the other green coaches we already had.

Advertisement
Back