I still can't get over the hire of Patke

Which billionaires do we have on our BOT? Not calling you out. I am interested.

The issue is not the number of financially capable people on the Board, it's that the vast majority of them do not prioritize football over the other aspects of developing the university. many of them do not even attend home games unless there is a special board event connected with it.

compare that to say, the public universities, whose identity is coupled with the success of their athletic teams.

just a different milieu entirely. the demographic of the lower orders that populate the secondary state universities has little, if anything, in common with the university of miami.

Advertisement
The issue is not the number of financially capable people on the Board, it's that the vast majority of them do not prioritize football over the other aspects of developing the university. many of them do not even attend home games unless there is a special board event connected with it.

compare that to say, the public universities, whose identity is coupled with the success of their athletic teams.

just a different milieu entirely. the demographic of the lower orders that populate the secondary state universities has little, if anything, in common with the university of miami.

Have no idea what these ******** are truly prioritizing besides lining their pockets bc our university ranking has plummeted and we currently sit behind UF in national university ranking...Let that sink in...

Have no idea what these ******** are truly prioritizing besides lining their pockets bc our university ranking has plummeted and we currently sit behind UF in national university ranking...Let that sink in...
Disgusting. This school is run like chit. Always has been. Bunch of people who have no idea what they’re doing, whether it’s academics or athletics.

Advertisement

Nah I get that. I literally just wanted to know if he had a list of billionaires on the BOT. I always get into arguments with guys at work and I would like some additional Ammo. lol.

Disgusting. This school is run like chit. Always has been. Bunch of people who have no idea what they’re doing, whether it’s academics or athletics.
Please give us your qualifications other than anonymous message board poster? Also, what is your beef with the academics od the school? Please elaborate.

It's the same dumb excuse people on here believe why Aranda chose LSU over UM. It wasn't the money. UM would've payed the money. It was because LSU had more talent on defense and he didn't want an offense on the other side with Richt calling plays.

Talk about clueless

Advertisement
You bring up good points but do you feel those guys were hired because of financial issues or was it Richt bringing Brown and little Richt with him. Those two are 100% on Richt and not a Miami money issue. He did go out and get Kool and Dugans who had experience. Both were considered great hires. Banda was Manny's dude. When you're an offensive coach and you hire a DC from another program you expect him to bring a couple of his guys. Rumph was hired with an eye on getting into AH but that was a bust. Luckily he has coached up his guys better than we expected. I don't mind hiring a couple green coaches but I get we have hired too many which is why I didn't like like promoting Patke. It didn't make sense with all the other green coaches we already had.

I do think those were his guys and not necessarily driven by money. But again, he knew he was going to call plays. That was a major sticking point of the agreement. So who can I bring along that will be my "OC" but I can still call plays? Thomas Brown...who has no experience play-calling. And of course, as we all know, Fredo getting the QB coach job was the purest form of nepotism one can find.

Advertisement
You bring up good points but do you feel those guys were hired because of financial issues or was it Richt bringing Brown and little Richt with him. Those two are 100% on Richt and not a Miami money issue. He did go out and get Kool and Dugans who had experience. Both were considered great hires. Banda was Manny's dude. When you're an offensive coach and you hire a DC from another program you expect him to bring a couple of his guys. Rumph was hired with an eye on getting into AH but that was a bust. Luckily he has coached up his guys better than we expected. I don't mind hiring a couple green coaches but I get we have hired too many which is why I didn't like like promoting Patke. It didn't make sense with all the other green coaches we already had.

Even Radio didn't have this many headscratchers on his coaching staff

Which billionaires do we have on our BOT? Not calling you out. I am interested.

It isn’t just the money. It really is about intelligence. Which of these BOTs understand the flaws of the past (i.e. the atrocious decisions) and know the proper way to correct them.

We’ve given 4 straight unnecessary extensions. Of which, 3 followed with a buyout.

The real problem is the incompetence, apathy and lack of accountability. I assure you if we brought in a competent, passionate AD and we gave them autonomy, things would be much better. But that isn’t how we do things.

We like the self-inflicted cancer approach.

Gus Malzahn makes 6.7 million, Auburn AD must be brain dead.

And Malzahn is probably 1 loss away from being fired. Supposedly one of the major boosters negotiated the deal with the university. Despite his astronomic buy out, it looks like the Boosters have pledged to kick in and make sure it's covered. He gets a lump sum $15 mil within 30 days of firing. The rest of the $32 buyout is spread over 4 years.

Advertisement
It isn’t just the money. It really is about intelligence. Which of these BOTs understand the flaws of the past (i.e. the atrocious decisions) and know the proper way to correct them.

We’ve given 4 straight unnecessary extensions. Of which, 3 followed with a buyout.

The real problem is the incompetence, apathy and lack of accountability. I assure you if we brought in a competent, passionate AD and we gave them autonomy, things would be much better. But that isn’t how we do things.

We like the self-inflicted cancer approach.

I couldn't agree more. I was honestly just looking for a list of the Billionaires on the BOT because I always get into arguments with guys at work about our alumni. I don't even try to argue with the Ivy guys, but I wanted some ammo to go against the Duke, vandy, etc. alumni.

I couldn't agree more. I was honestly just looking for a list of the Billionaires on the BOT because I always get into arguments with guys at work about our alumni. I don't even try to argue with the Ivy guys, but I wanted some ammo to go against the Duke, vandy, etc. alumni.

Do you want a list of BOT billionaires or alumni billionaires because we have members on the BOT who are not alumni.

Advertisement
Back