I present the billboard

Also the final amount was $7,100, several hundred of which I put in myself. Idk where people are jacking this $8k number from, or a few days total run.

This thing was slow cruising back and forth in front of the Hecht today where BJ can see it from his office, and if we wanted to do that for weeks more we can. But anything to make me out to be a scammer, when the only ones I see exaggerating and falsifying are people who didn’t even donate.

Relax. Enjoy. More pics to come.

Advertisement
I find it hilarious the amount of losers who didn’t invest in the billboard yet keep offering their opinions. Like anyone of us care what you guys think. Just shut up already.

well done by the OP following through to the best of his abilities.

Those that support self-inflicted cancer don’t want change. They see this billboard as attempt to change the status quo.

Also the final amount was $7,100, several hundred of which I put in myself. Idk where people are jacking this $8k number from, or a few days total run.

This thing was slow cruising back and forth in front of the Hecht today where BJ can see it from his office, and if we wanted to do that for weeks more we can. But anything to make me out to be a scammer, when the only ones I see exaggerating and falsifying are people who didn’t even donate.

Relax. Enjoy. More pics to come.
They have to double down because they can't admit they're wrong.

Greatest Mafia movie of all time. Don’t @ me
Over Godfather 1 & 2?
tenor.gif.cf.gif

Dang, I was hoping it was lifetime! But knowing that troll SOB he’ll shoot himself in the foot again and when he does I hope you and Inday drop the guillotine on him for good This time RVA. 👍
I’m pretty sure that Judge bAndrew got him. I think he comes back April 11th. I’m happy to fight him again if he wants to start with me again.

Advertisement
Cant wait until recruits see this, I mean if they do. All the changes that have recently been made and this is the reply.

Stupid.

Imo the acting in goodfellas is so much better bro. Ray Lioetta, Robert De Niro, and joe Pesci were amazing. Paul Cicero abd u even had Samuel for a couple scene. And it’s based on real life events and is told in such a seamless way it only took 1 movie. The Godfather is a drama/tragedy and offers absolutely no type of comedic relief, Goodfellas does it unintentionally (job Pesci) which is a credit to the story, the characters and the acting while also telling a great story from start to finish. Every thing ties together and u aren’t left asking questions. In godfather, u can’t watch 1&2 to understand the full story then just forget about 3, which was horrible. All in godfather gets the hype because it came first and has notoriety but if u judge them alone goodfellas just a better movie...I’ll add this, the Godfather tries to depict the Mafia and it’s bosses with some sort of moral, ethical codes, (some say it was depicted that way from influencing of real mobsters) which is the furthest thing from the actual truth. As depicted in the Goodfellas (I always thought the name was ironic) there was nothing noble to glorify. The life of the mafia was grimmy, unforgiving and chaotic. Bloodshed didn’t just stay within the mob, there was wholesale betrayals and disloyalty, back stabbing and snitching going on. They weren’t these noble men living and standing by a code of honor. And Goodfellas depicts this perfect

Last edited:
Imo the acting in goodfellas is so much better bro. Ray Lioetta, Robert De Niro, and joe Pesci were amazing. Paul Cicero abd u even had Samuel for a couple scene. And it’s based on real life events and is told in such a seamless way it only took 1 movie. The Godfather is a drama/tragedy and offers absolutely no type of comedic relief, Goodfellas does it unintentionally (job Pesci) which is a credit to the story, the characters and the acting while also telling a great story from start to finish. Every thing ties together and u aren’t left asking questions. In godfather, u can’t watch 1&2 to understand the full story then just forget about 3, which was horrible. All in godfather gets the hype because it came first and has notoriety but if u judge them alone goodfellas just a better movie
While all that is true, from a cinematic point of view.

The big problem with Goodfellas from a purist point of view is the main character Henry Hill wasn't full Italian, even if it was based on reality. And he was a rat. And rats shouldn't get to go on Howard Stern and have movies made about their life.

The Godfather, even though it was fictional, the story was about true paisanos. And rats got wacked, you never go against the family. La Cosa Nostra.

Cant wait until recruits see this, I mean if they do. All the changes that have recently been made and this is the reply.

Stupid.

Yeah, this is entirely idiotic and childish, but what else does one expect from the childish, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, idiotic, petulant vocal minority on this board? If people want to criticize Blake James, that's fine, go right ahead, but this is not the way to do it. If there's even a slim chance a recruit sees that BS, it's not a good look. It almost reads as if this is a plant from FSU or UF.

Advertisement
While all that is true, from a cinematic point of view.

The big problem with Goodfellas from a purist point of view is the main character Henry Hill wasn't full Italian, even if it was based on reality. And he was a rat. And rats shouldn't get to go on Howard Stern and have movies made about their life.

The Godfather, even though it was fictional, the story was about true paisanos. And rats got wacked, you never go against the family. La Cosa Nostra.
Henry Hill was not the only snitch lol..your point is my whole point. Valachi, massino, gravano etc all ratted
The Godfather is glorified as if they lived by some moral code. They didn’t. Just look at the real life people beyond the movies and The Godfather films..Goodfellas tells the story more realistically and better

Yeah, this is entirely idiotic and childish, but what else does one expect from the childish, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, idiotic, petulant vocal minority on this board? If people want to criticize Blake James, that's fine, go right ahead, but this is not the way to do it. If there's even a slim chance a recruit sees that BS, it's not a good look. It almost reads as if this is a plant from FSU or UF.
Name calling?

Imo the acting in goodfellas is so much better bro. Ray Lioetta, Robert De Niro, and joe Pesci were amazing. Paul Cicero abd u even had Samuel for a couple scene. And it’s based on real life events and is told in such a seamless way it only took 1 movie. The Godfather is a drama/tragedy and offers absolutely no type of comedic relief, Goodfellas does it unintentionally (job Pesci) which is a credit to the story, the characters and the acting while also telling a great story from start to finish. Every thing ties together and u aren’t left asking questions. In godfather, u can’t watch 1&2 to understand the full story then just forget about 3, which was horrible. All in godfather gets the hype because it came first and has notoriety but if u judge them alone goodfellas just a better movie...I’ll add this, the Godfather tries to depict the Mafia and it’s bosses with some sort of moral, ethical codes, (some say it was depicted that way from influencing of real mobsters) which is the furthest thing from the actual truth. As depicted in the Goodfellas (I always thought the name was ironic) there was nothing noble to glorify. The life of the mafia was grimmy, unforgiving and chaotic. Bloodshed didn’t just stay within the mob, there was wholesale betrayals and disloyalty, back stabbing and snitching going on. They weren’t these noble men living and standing by a code of honor. And Goodfellas depicts this perfect

Literally, every single thing that you said is wrong.

Acting (I) - OSCARS - Brando (Actor, won); Caan, Duvall, Pacino (Supporting Actor, all nominated)
Acting (II) - OSCARS - Pacino (Actor, won); DeNiro, Strasberg, Gazzo (Supporting Actor, all nominated, DeNiro won)
Acting (GF) - OSCARS - Pesci (Supporting Actor, won); Bracco (Supporting Actress, nominated)

Next, The Godfather (novel and movies) is absolutely based on real life events, and it took 2 movies because the story was told over multiple generations of the Corleone family, from the early 1900s up through the 1960s. In The Godfather, all of the names have been changed and "fictionalized" because at the time the book was published (1969), the code of Omerta (silence) had only recently been broken in 1963 by Joe Valachi, so there were very few first-hand accounts of mob activity and anyone who wrote about it and used real names would have been subject to reprisal. On the other hand, Henry Hill was such a talkative rat in the 1980s that he would go on the Howard Stern Show, so, sure, it was easier for his accounts to use the real names (though the movie DID change the names of most characters, such as Paul Vario being called Paul Cicero). But don't misunderstand, The Godfather is just as equally based on real people, such as Frank Sinatra being called "Johnny Fontaine".

The Godfather had comic relief, which was appropriate to the time and style of the story.

The Godfather ties together and you aren't left asking questions. The Godfather ends in the 1960s. The book was written in 1969. The first movie came out in 1972. At that point, the Mafia was still incredibly strong. I'm not sure what "questions" you had left to ask.

And, again, don't misunderstand. Godfather III was a money-grab. It is not based on the book, nor was it ever supposed to be contemplated based on either the books or the first two movies. Don't act like its existence undermines the monumental achievements of the book or the first two movies. III never should have happened. The full story IS told in the book and the first 2 movies, that is all. The rise of the Mafia in America, based on Italian immigrants, when they DID have a (relatively) moral code and the change through the 1950s and 1960s culminating in the breaking of Omerta and the more modern (and paranoid) Mafia, which was not as easy for people to embrace.

I and II don't get "hype" because they were "first", they are the best because they are the best. Period, full stop. You can jabber about what was depicted in I and II as "the furthest thing from the truth", but you are clueless. Actual real-life mobsters ALL spoke about I and II with reverence (and you can even see that in The Sopranos) because I and II told the true story of the evolution of the mob over 60 years, and did so in an incredibly truthful and authentic way. While Goodfellas ranks incredibly high in the Mafia movie pantheon, at its core, it is the story of a lower-level ratfvck who was never even a made man. Goodfellas is incredibly well-done, but Henry Hill is a very minor operative in the grand scheme of the Mafia, and his own personal story plays out over about 20 years.

Again...Godfather (book) and the 2 movies - early 1900s to mid-1960s.
Wiseguy (book) and Goodfellas movie - predominantly mid-1960s to 1970s.

Completely different time periods of the Mafia. For YOU to compare Goodfellas to I and II, and then to claim that I and II are inaccurate or idealistic (compared to what YOU think is the "accurate" depiction) is just ridiculous. Different time periods.

Goodfellas is great, it's a Top 5 Mafia movie. But the 2 best Mafia movies are, and will always be, I and II.

As for III, you can forget about it.

Henry Hill was not the only snitch lol..your point is my whole point. Valachi, massino, gravano etc all ratted
The Godfather is glorified as if they lived by some moral code. They didn’t. Just look at the real life people beyond the movies and The Godfather films..Goodfellas tells the story more realistically and better

You are clueless. Goodfellas is realistic to the Mafia of the mid-1960s to late-1970s/early-1980s.

But every mobster loves The Godfather book and films because they were realistic portrayals of the Mafia before the mid-1960s. The Mafia absolutely started out as a mechanism for poor Italian immigrants to stick together and make a living, and it grew into something much more violent and, yes, organized.

For you to deny that early 1900s mobsters had a (somewhat) moral code, simply because all you know comes from knowledge of the mid-1960s and onward Mafia is just ridiculous.

Advertisement
Wait how much did you pay for THAT? Honestly... Woulda been better if you went to fast signs and just hung it over the metro rail

Advertisement
No. You're missing the point. There was a "moral code", you were loyal to the "family" even if you were family, that's why Fredo got wacked. Goodfellas is a great movie but it is second, no way a movie about a half breed rat rises above the original.

Advertisement
Back