I owe an apology to some of yall

You spend the money and do a professional search. The Deloitte guy and others could tell you how to do it - let them run it.

But you have to want to do it professionally and objectively. I am not sure enough people care about the baseball program anymore to pull it off, but I'd love to be proved wrong.
is this why we brought in a top tier AD named Dan Radakovich? I suggest he might know how to do it.

Advertisement
Making it to the tournament every year means very little if all we get is a Participation trophy. If he was the great recruiter you think he is, he would already have all top players he needs in order to make it to Omaha. How many more years do we give him until he gets us to the promise land?

Also, many fans give Cristobal a mulligan because they say it's all Diaz's fault and he's trying to fix a culture. Morris was basically retired for 2 years and the team fell apart. DiMare took over and before he could get any momentum, Covid hit and the season got ca[BGCOLOR=initial]nceled. So functionally, this is year 3 for DiMare. And he is still learning how to coach. Cristo-bros are using that same excuse for Cristobal (so wasn't his fault he chose a pro style offense in 2022 and missed on basically every staff hire) , and he's 10 years into his HC career. So we should withhold judgment on DiMare for at least 2 more years.[/BGCOLOR]

Previously i had stated (mainly due to my respect for his father)that Gino Should be gave more time to get things going smoothly. Well tonight I went to the stadium and watched the game from the box. Seeing how he handled that game I have changed my opinion. It's the first game I've went to in quite awhile. I don't know if he's supposed to be the hitting coach or not so I don't know how to address that beyond saying we need one. I didn't see a single coach who made any attempt to actually coach kids up in game. Didn't see any adjustments made and it showed.
At least you care. Seriously. I think people on this board, agree or disagree with an individual opinion, always appreciate your passion for the program.

Also, many fans give Cristobal a mulligan because they say it's all Diaz's fault and he's trying to fix a culture. Morris was basically retired for 2 years and the team fell apart. DiMare took over and before he could get any momentum, Covid hit and the season got ca[BGCOLOR=initial]nceled. So functionally, this is year 3 for DiMare. And he is still learning how to coach. Cristo-bros are using that same excuse for Cristobal (so wasn't his fault he chose a pro style offense in 2022 and missed on basically every staff hire) , and he's 10 years into his HC career. So we should withhold judgment on DiMare for at least 2 more years.[/BGCOLOR]
LOL

Dimare was on the failed Morris staff. Was lead recruiter/recruiting coordinator, OF coach, and hitting coordinator for the 2 teams that didn’t make post season.

He has stunk for a very long time just like JD has. The program needs a total reset

Last edited:
Advertisement
He had a good season and recruits well. They need to build a better player development program for sure.

You fans are ridiculous. It's baseball. The good teams lose all the time.

Win today.

Not to mention he goes to the playoffs EVERY year, lol.

But you said baseball managers don't matter. Now that we're clear that we aren't talking about an MLB team's minor league system, do you agree that the head coach has a pretty important role?

But you said baseball managers don't matter. Now that we're clear that we aren't talking about an MLB team's minor league system, do you agree that the head coach has a pretty important role?
Of course, because in college they are in charge of everything, including accumulation and development of talent. I think the team needs to upgrade in technology and develop

But this guy has a top ten team every year. It's not exactly Mario losing to MTSU and not even making a bowl.

Win tonight.

Of course, because in college they are in charge of everything, including accumulation and development of talent. I think the team needs to upgrade in technology and develop

But this guy has a top ten team every year. It's not exactly Mario losing to MTSU and not even making a bowl.

Win tonight.

Right, because one page ago you claimed that "baseball managers matter very little".

He has a top ten RPI team. That's a lot different from being a top ten team, as the ACC manages to show every year. For the third straight year we showed exactly who we are in the 1-0 game.

Advertisement
Right, because one page ago you claimed that "baseball managers matter very little".

He has a top ten RPI team. That's a lot different from being a top ten team, as the ACC manages to show every year. For the third straight year we showed exactly who we are in the 1-0 game.
Dude, it's baseball. You need to simply accept that good teams lose a lot of games. Best teams in mlb lose 4 out of ten. You put yourself in position to win, recruit better pitching, and you will go to your share of trips to Omaha. Pick a different sport.

Dude, it's baseball. You need to simply accept that good teams lose a lot of games. Best teams in mlb lose 4 out of ten. You put yourself in position to win, recruit better pitching, and you will go to your share of trips to Omaha. Pick a different sport.
You're wasting your time arguing with him. He is a Gator fan. He should be worrying about them.

Advertisement
I think to do right by the family you give Gino 2 more years but assuming we don’t perform a miracle we lose tonight or tomorrow you tell Gino 2 years and you need to make some changes to the staff now.

If it doesn’t work out it gives everyone 2 years to think of an exit strategy to make everyone happy. Maybe Gino can say it’s time for me to walk away and spend time with Family but I still plan to help the university and athletics in other ways. (Which maybe he doesn’t but he can leave on “his terms”

So we have been losing regularly in regionals since 2008 because it's "just baseball"? We can't beat a #1 or #2 seed in the postseason because it's "just baseball"? We're just unlucky and it's all random?

Fans like you are why we've been stuck in this mess since Jim retired ten years before retiring.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back