I like Mario a lot, but I think Aranda could be LSU Sabanesque here

I thought Aranda just signed a big extension. I assume he is out of reach

No one knows the buyout. Coaches have a lot of power in negotiations now. Jimbo can basically leave TAMU whenever he wants for next to nothing, but if TAMU fires him they owe him a gazillion dollars. Aranda might have a good new contract (signed before the market went bananas though) with a reasonable buyout.

Advertisement
I do like Mario and he will recruit well for sure, but I think Aranda is a young Saban (the LSU Saban) and would do major things here. His coaching is elite, he has a true defensive genius, and I believe his recruiting would be dynamic here. He’s the guy I’d go with. Hire Aranda.

Slap me up, kick my virtual ****, tear me to smithereens with you insults; I can take it.

But I said what I said!
Wouldn't Miami desire a Bama-esque Saban?

Advertisement
Had we hired Aranda as a 1st time HC, CIS would've rioted. I like Aranda but we aren't getting him. It's the guy who hired him is who we should be after but I'm perfectly fine with Rad if he turns out to be our new AD.

Aranda is one of very few 1st time HCs that actually work out at an elite level....significantly more are busts than not so it's always better imo from an odds perspective to go with a proven HC than a green one

Advertisement
Surprised LSU decided to throw the bag at Kelly vs this guy. Would like to know what was said about him during LSU’s search.
Kelly has shown it at multiple schools AND sustained success at the 10+ wins per season level. Much safer and for sure move with B. Kelly

Advertisement
Kelly has shown it at multiple schools AND sustained success at the 10+ wins per season level. Much safer and for sure move with B. Kelly
I don't think Kelly is a bad coach by any stretch. I don't see that match up as a fit for either. Maybe that doesn't matter at all. Plenty of bad fits work out. Aranda with his connections seems just as safe.

inherited an 11 win team and won 2 games his first year. He lost to TCU this year without a HC. His total record is 12-9 and he isn’t even top 5 recruiting in his ****** conference. He’s clearly not a great coach and we can do better because he didn’t got 21-0 and win every game by 30.

Do you see how easy this is to do with any coach? And how retarded it is?
Yep

Lock thread

I do like Mario and he will recruit well for sure, but I think Aranda is a young Saban (the LSU Saban) and would do major things here. His coaching is elite, he has a true defensive genius, and I believe his recruiting would be dynamic here. He’s the guy I’d go with. Hire Aranda.

Slap me up, kick my virtual ****, tear me to smithereens with you insults; I can take it.

But I said what I said!
💯💯💯

Advertisement
Agree. Excelled at all prior stops. His calling card is on full display on a Big 12 team where they don't play D. He was an obvious exception to the no 1st time HCs rule for me. Wish he was on our radar but I think it's obviously Mario or bust for the money people.

Translation: “I’m watching the Baylor game.”
No…I’m not watching it and I’ve followed him since Utah State. I’ve mentioned him on this board several times this season, and I mentioned him again 2 days ago.

His teams are tough, incredibly disciplined, and he the first coach I’ve seen that’s able to consistently slow down these modern Big 12 offenses.

Also, he’s coached in 3 of the 5 Power 5 conferences and had elite defenses at every stop. He’s seen every style offense imaginable.

Reminds me a ton of a young Saban

Advertisement
Back