I like Mario a lot, but I think Aranda could be LSU Sabanesque here

Advertisement
I think Amanda is pretty good but bruh is something going on at Baylor? They stay competitive no matter who's coach. I would be hella careful hiring from them. Look at Rhule I thought for sure he was it and now he's trash.

Advertisement
I do like Mario and he will recruit well for sure, but I think Aranda is a young Saban (the LSU Saban) and would do major things here. His coaching is elite, he has a true defensive genius, and I believe his recruiting would be dynamic here. He’s the guy I’d go with. Hire Aranda.

Slap me up, kick my virtual ****, tear me to smithereens with you insults; I can take it.

But I said what I said!
No. They’re paying a record high AD salary and 8 million a year pre incentives for Mario, plus the money for his buyout.

I expect them to give him the money to get any d and offensive coordinator he wants. At minimum he will be given $1 million a year to hire the dc and another million for an oc and incentives to make 1.5 in a year

So let Mario keep every blue chip South Florida prospect home that he wants and hire elite coordinators. It is obvious that finally the school is putting in the resources to compete with anyone and getting an AD from Clemson who under his tenure upgraded every athletic team and facilities. He transformed the football team into a dominant powerhouse and created a strong brand. Between that and the money for Mario, I expect huge improvements on football training areas, gym, nutrition, increased non coaching personnel and am 100% confident that a state of the art, possibly best non 65k+ stadium and like Oregon’s stadium that seats 54k is set up to be extremely loud. Having been to Oregon’s stadium, it’s an awesome fan experience and the noise feels like there’s over 100k fans. I just don’t think it ends up 2 miles away at coral gables high. I think it will be as close to coral gables line as possible because it’s going to be very hard to get approval to build a stadium in gables

Aranda went 2-7 in 2020.

He'd be crucified here, crucified.
Brewer was horrible. You go as far as QB play just like any football team. If you do get competent QB play then you’re gonna suck. You don’t need NFL talent. Just competency.

Advertisement
Back