I just heard this on ACC network...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is going to be so much overreaction theater when Herman and Fuente lose at some point this season.
Potato power!!!!!

The potato now thinks that every coach from a Group of 5 school is automatically Alfred Folden. So, of course, when Herman and Fuente lose, the potato will flip its lid.

Advertisement
Might as well keep Golden, Fuente doesn't play defense either. RIP Miami.

I swear we have the dumbest fans.

42-28 vs 3-3 Tulsa right now. Career record of 23-20. Who does that sound like?
You realize Memphis beat the same Cincinnati team that clobbered Golden's team, right? And let me know when Al Golden beats a highly ranked SEC team.
These guys also seem to forget that Fuente is COACHING AT FCKING MEMPHIS. They act like he is coaching Ohio State or Alabama and giving up points to Tulsa.

P. S. For all the guys who don't follow college football, Tulsa scored on Oklahoma and everyone else too.

Some of yall are talking like fuente doesnt run a high potent offense, his team puts up points, ill still take herman over him but he does come a really close second

Go get a job in a Power 5 conference and repeat the previous 4. Then we'll take a real hard look at him in 5 years when Butch retires.

Let's ignore the Butch stuff because we know.

As for Fuente, his next gig will be power 5 and a much better one too. We're not going to get him at that point.

You either see what he did and think he can replicate that at a better program or you don't.

Coaches are not born HC at a power 5 school. It takes time to rise through the ranks and do something.

Harbaugh was HC at San Diego before Stanford

Briles was HC at Houston before Baylor

Tressel was HC at Youngstown State

Meyer was HC at Utah

Summlin was HC at Houston

There are many more (Malzahn, Freeze and Mullen etc.) who all are HCs at non Power 5 schools before they received a chance.

It is normal to hire from these schools.

Might as well keep Golden, Fuente doesn't play defense either. RIP Miami.

I swear we have the dumbest fans.

42-28 vs 3-3 Tulsa right now. Career record of 23-20. Who does that sound like?
You realize Memphis beat the same Cincinnati team that clobbered Golden's team, right? And let me know when Al Golden beats a highly ranked SEC team.
These guys also seem to forget that Fuente is COACHING AT FCKING MEMPHIS. They act like he is coaching Ohio State or Alabama and giving up points to Tulsa.

P. S. For all the guys who don't follow college football, Tulsa scored on Oklahoma and everyone else too.

Memphis should have 22 wins this season by now. Memphis should have shut-out all their opponents. Memphis is the greatest program ever.

Advertisement
I like Fuente but I don't like him as our first option.

He is still cutting his teeth and we really can't afford any question marks on this next hire.

This next hire will decide the long term fate of UM football. Ironically it's the most important hire since Butch left.

This is not a trivial hire.

I don't understand how he is still cutting his teeth. What more should he be doing at Memphis?

1. Take an inferior program with inferior talent and beat the competition, check.

2. Win 10 games in a season, check.

3. Win the conference, check.

4. Run off 14 straight wins, 8 on the road, check.

What more do you want him to do? Be specific.

Go get a job in a Power 5 conference and repeat the previous 4. Then we'll take a real hard look at him in 5 years when Butch retires.

Ideally, yes. But after 5 years at Maryland, VT or USCe two things could happen:

1. He flamed or posted average records which would not warrant an interview
2. He performed well and got a raise (and Miami would not steal him from any of those schools)

Realistically, I cannot see Miami hiring a P5 HC.

I don't even see why that matters.

Urban came from Utah, Chip came from New Hampshire, Patterson from New Mexico, Briles from Houston, Malzahn from Arky St etc

You need the vision to see where these guys are going. I doubt Flake has that so we will probably end up with an extremely uninspiring hire.

It is a plus but it doesn't really matter. Coaches can't be born HC at a power 5 conference. They come up the ranks, they come from inferior programs. I thought this was common knowledge.

35 points to Tulsa in the third quarter. Fuente also looks very stoic on the sidelines like AG. I would be happy with Herman, Butch, or someone else with fire and passion. No more bend, don't break defense or passive demeanors.

I think you are on to something. I read an article last week that mentioned Fuente not wanting to go to an SEC school because the recruiting was too cutthroat and intense. If he feels that way, he is not the right fit for Miami because SEC schools recruit heavily in South Florida.

I was watching the ACC network and they said that some insider said that Golden will not be retained after this season, he then went on to say that Miami is quietly shopping for a Coach. He said that Miami reportedly has its sights on Memphis head coach Justin Fuente. Take it for what it is im just repeating what I heard.

Don't tease me.

I'm not bro thats exactly what I heard on ACC network last night.

Advertisement
I was watching the ACC network and they said that some insider said that Golden will not be retained after this season, he then went on to say that Miami is quietly shopping for a Coach. He said that Miami reportedly has its sights on Memphis head coach Justin Fuente. Take it for what it is im just repeating what I heard.

IMHO, this is total BS; just a part of the BOT's misinformation scheme.

It could be BS, I was just watching ACC network and it's what I heard them say.

35 points to Tulsa in the third quarter. Fuente also looks very stoic on the sidelines like AG. I would be happy with Herman, Butch, or someone else with fire and passion. No more bend, don't break defense or passive demeanors.

I think you are on to something. I read an article last week that mentioned Fuente not wanting to go to an SEC school because the recruiting was too cutthroat and intense. If he feels that way, he is not the right fit for Miami because SEC schools recruit heavily in South Florida.

Yeah i heard something similar on espn the other day. I forgot who it was but he said the more they talk to people that are very close to him it's obvious that he would be muvh more comfortable in the big 12. They even suggested him building up memphis and getting them a invite to joiin the big 12.

This guy is soft. Scared of the sec and would prefer to be in the big 12 where you don't have to play defense.

Advertisement

Yeah i heard something similar on espn the other day. I forgot who it was but he said the more they talk to people that are very close to him it's obvious that he would be muvh more comfortable in the big 12. They even suggested him building up memphis and getting them a invite to joiin the big 12.

This guy is soft. Scared of the sec and would prefer to be in the big 12 where you don't have to play defense.

Care to explain why you made this part up?

Advertisement
His defense being crap is a concern. I said it before, Miami will not be back with a dominant defense. That keeps you relevant no matter what

In what sense?

Miami sells itself. If he comes to Miami and WINS the local kids will be queuing round the block to sign their LOI.

We've seen what happens when you have an 'ace' recruiter with little/no coaching acumen as your HC. I'd much rather have the opposite. Plus you can always hire recruiting guys on your staff if things have to get bloody.

Watch this dopey "he's scared of the SEC and doesn't want to recruit" made up nonsense get a life of its own and become ****** reality soon. Keep an eye on this stupid **** and watch it take off like a retarded forest fire.

I gave you an upvote for passing along information, appreciate it

Advertisement
Back