I just heard this on ACC network...

Might as well keep Golden, Fuente doesn't play defense either. RIP Miami.

I swear we have the dumbest fans.

42-28 vs 3-3 Tulsa right now. Career record of 23-20. Who does that sound like?
You realize Memphis beat the same Cincinnati team that clobbered Golden's team, right? And let me know when Al Golden beats a highly ranked SEC team.

When did I say Golden was good? Is trading one self-promoted dope for another overhyped one, plus paying a huge buyout really a win? I thought we needed a sure thing when Golden gets fired? Also, this guy plays the same passive zone defense that we all hate. Tonight I've seen 2 and 3 man fronts. Do we really want that? Or do we want a 4 man front to best utilize our talent? Just because we get rid of Golden doesn't mean we are going to get better. We fired Coker and got Shannon. We fired Shannon and got Folden. We fire Golden and get??? We MUST get someone that is aggressive, energetic, smart, and knows how to do more with less. This is why Butch or Herman are great choices!

You're so ***ing ignorant.

Advertisement
44-41 over Bowling Green
53-46 over Cincy
24-17 over USF

Other than a fluke game against a vastly overrated $ec team, what makes anyone think this guy is a great coach? His offense is nice, but the defense is horrid and after Folden and donuts, I think we all want a good defensive coach.

44-41 over Bowling Green
53-46 over Cincy
24-17 over USF

Other than a fluke game against a vastly overrated $ec team, what makes anyone think this guy is a great coach? His offense is nice, but the defense is horrid and after Folden and donuts, I think we all want a good defensive coach.

Konklusive Proof!

Advertisement
There is no rumor that's a fact.. I believe they are shopping but ppl have told me chud is at the top of the list.. Bruce Feldman says Mario... U gotta saying it's going to be Schiano.. So I can't believe what anyone says till golden gets fired the only consistent thing I've heard is after the Cincy game they were on high alert and the FSU game was the beginning.. You can't go 0-5 vs ur rival.. People say oh Butch was 0-5 BUT Butch had signature wins before that plus we were heading in the right direction and Butch had real sanctions not fake ones...

Dude has memphis, ****ing MEMPHIS ranked #18 in the country.

And Golden had us top 10 and 7-0. Smoke and mirrors! Doesn't mean they're really any good. We won't know ANYTHING until they play Houston. For all we know, they finish 9-4 or something like that and fail to win their conference. He's definitely done a decent job, but that doesn't mean he would do well here or at any big time program. Memphis is just happy to be competitive, are we? No! We want to win the ACC and National Championships!

44-41 over Bowling Green
53-46 over Cincy
24-17 over USF

Golden and D'Onofrio are historically inept, but our offense has been terrible as well. For example, 93 teams are currently averaging more than 150 yards per game on the ground. We're not one of them. Not to mention that we are horrid in the red zone and on third down.

Offensive-minded coaches shouldn't be excluded from consideration by any means, especially with how some of these up-tempo attacks are changing the landscape of college football. Look no further than Oregon curbstomping FSU and Ohio State advancing past Alabama with their third-string QB -- in a Herman-led offense, nonetheless -- in last year's inaugural CFB playoff.

I don't think anyone would argue against defense being very important. But a guy like Schiano, for example, isn't in the universe of someone like Herman or Fuente as a candidate just because he specializes on defense. Our defense has been a disaster for 5 years, but don't make the mistake of overlooking how our offense has been a s***show as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude has memphis, ****ing MEMPHIS ranked #18 in the country.

And Golden had us top 10 and 7-0. Smoke and mirrors! Doesn't mean they're really any good. We won't know ANYTHING until they play Houston. For all we know, they finish 9-4 or something like that and fail to win their conference. He's definitely done a decent job, but that doesn't mean he would do well here or at any big time program. Memphis is just happy to be competitive, are we? No! We want to win the ACC and National Championships!

He won the conference last year. Are you aware of that?

Let's play things Golden never accomplished:

1. Winning the conference,
2. Winning a bowl game,
3. Winning 10 games in a season,
4. Winning 13 straight (possibly 14 tonight), and
5. Finished Ranked

AS per your quote

We MUST get someone that is aggressive, energetic, smart, and knows how to do more with less.

He inherited the following program at Memphis

1. In the prior 3 seasons before Fuente's arrival, they won 5 TOTAL games.
2. In the prior 3 seasons before Fuente's arrival, they won 2 conference games.
3. In the prior 3 seasons before Fuente's arrival, they finished LAST in the conference EACH season.

What more do you want at Memphis? National Championship?

Might as well keep Golden, Fuente doesn't play defense either. RIP Miami.

You realize Memphis beat the same Cincinnati team that clobbered Golden's team, right? And let me know when Al Golden beats a highly ranked SEC team.

When did I say Golden was good? Is trading one self-promoted dope for another overhyped one, plus paying a huge buyout really a win? I thought we needed a sure thing when Golden gets fired? Also, this guy plays the same passive zone defense that we all hate. Tonight I've seen 2 and 3 man fronts. Do we really want that? Or do we want a 4 man front to best utilize our talent? Just because we get rid of Golden doesn't mean we are going to get better. We fired Coker and got Shannon. We fired Shannon and got Folden. We fire Golden and get??? We MUST get someone that is aggressive, energetic, smart, and knows how to do more with less. This is why Butch or Herman are great choices!
You're the one who drew the comparison to Golden when you wrote "who does that sound like?". I was just pointing out that Fuente has accomplished more at Memphis than Golden ever did at Temple. For the record, I'd love Butch or Herman but we'd be **** lucky to get Fuente.

i dont want Fuente. his team doesnt play good defense. i dont like these guys who just try and outscore people. I want Butch, Stoops, or then maybe Herman

You're the one who drew the comparison to Golden when you wrote "who does that sound like?". I was just pointing out that Fuente has accomplished more at Memphis than Golden ever did at Temple. For the record, I'd love Butch or Herman but we'd be **** lucky to get Fuente.

He brought up a retarded analogy because he is a ******. All the **** he swallowed went to his brain.

Advertisement
I was watching the ACC network and they said that some insider said that Golden will not be retained after this season, he then went on to say that Miami is quietly shopping for a Coach. He said that Miami reportedly has its sights on Memphis head coach Justin Fuente. Take it for what it is im just repeating what I heard.

Don't tease me.

Half of you idiots don't know how bad Memphis was pre-Fuente...What he has done there is nothing less than a miracle.

I was watching the ACC network and they said that some insider said that Golden will not be retained after this season, he then went on to say that Miami is quietly shopping for a Coach. He said that Miami reportedly has its sights on Memphis head coach Justin Fuente. Take it for what it is im just repeating what I heard.

IMHO, this is total BS; just a part of the BOT's misinformation scheme.

Advertisement
golden 2.jpg

Attachments

• golden 2.jpg
    golden 2.jpg
    753 KB · Views: 43
From Fuente's bio:

Fuente's team continues to be built on four pillars - 1) Academic Integrity, 2) Social Responsibility, 3) Individual Accountability and 4) Competitive Excellence.

One of the first items Fuente put in place upon being named the head football coach at the University of Memphis was "The Tiger Code." The code consists of three elements - 1) Fundamentally Sound, 2) Physically Fit and 3) Mentally Tough.

In addition to instilling the Tiger Code and installing a new off-season conditioning program, Fuente selected 10 student-athletes to form his first leadership council. The group best exemplified being student-athletes and living by the Tiger Code. During Fuente's first season, the group of leaders served as a conduit between the coaching staff and the team.

It's telling that 5 years under Golden has me cringing at the mention of pillars, 'codes', new conditioning programs, and leadership councils.

From Fuente's bio:

Fuente's team continues to be built on four pillars - 1) Academic Integrity, 2) Social Responsibility, 3) Individual Accountability and 4) Competitive Excellence.

One of the first items Fuente put in place upon being named the head football coach at the University of Memphis was "The Tiger Code." The code consists of three elements - 1) Fundamentally Sound, 2) Physically Fit and 3) Mentally Tough.

In addition to instilling the Tiger Code and installing a new off-season conditioning program, Fuente selected 10 student-athletes to form his first leadership council. The group best exemplified being student-athletes and living by the Tiger Code. During Fuente's first season, the group of leaders served as a conduit between the coaching staff and the team.

It's telling that 5 years under Golden has me cringing at the mention of pillars, 'codes', new conditioning programs, and leadership councils.

If he called them columns, would you feel better?

Firing Day is 38 away.

A Clemson win, is a win for our beloved Canes football program.

Don't really want to hear any Superfan comments saying otherwise. We've heard them all: can't ever root against my Canes; I support the players; I'm a true fan; blah blah blah. BTW, if you go to this game, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM (exceptions: stole the ticket; wear a bag over your head; hold up an anti-Fraulden sign; get thrown out for booing).

Every Canes loss is a stab in the heart of the BOT/Flake/Fraulden CANCER.

TWIST THAT KNIFE!!!

[video=youtube;wTiGvPhT7CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTiGvPhT7CQ[/video]

Advertisement
Back