I just heard this on ACC network...

Advertisement
I was watching the ACC network and they said that some insider said that Golden will not be retained after this season, he then went on to say that Miami is quietly shopping for a Coach. He said that Miami reportedly has its sights on Memphis head coach Justin Fuente. Take it for what it is im just repeating what I heard.

Do you have a link?

I know that WHO replaces Al is the most important thing, but I distrust the BOT and Blake so much that Al getting fired is the thing I am worried about. Blades saying he deserved TWO more years is haunting me. As must as Al should have been fired two ago and even more last year, to me it is still barely 50/50 he gets fired this year. Remember, BOT doesn't really want to win. They prefer exactly what they have.

35 points to Tulsa in the third quarter. Fuente also looks very stoic on the sidelines like AG. I would be happy with Herman, Butch, or someone else with fire and passion. No more bend, don't break defense or passive demeanors.

I think you are on to something. I read an article last week that mentioned Fuente not wanting to go to an SEC school because the recruiting was too cutthroat and intense. If he feels that way, he is not the right fit for Miami because SEC schools recruit heavily in South Florida.

Yeah i heard something similar on espn the other day. I forgot who it was but he said the more they talk to people that are very close to him it's obvious that he would be muvh more comfortable in the big 12. They even suggested him building up memphis and getting them a invite to joiin the big 12.

This guy is soft. Scared of the sec and would prefer to be in the big 12 where you don't have to play defense.

Care to explain why you made this part up?

Read the post above mine about why he isn't as interested in going to the sec. They reported something similar on espn about why he isn't interested in the sec as opposed to the big 12.

I don't care about him beating ole miss as proof he isn't scared. It's a different game playing every game and recruiting everyday vs them.

He doesn't want to recruit in the sec but think he will be able to handle s.fla is a ****** joke.

Advertisement
Might as well keep Golden, Fuente doesn't play defense either. RIP Miami.

I swear we have the dumbest fans.

42-28 vs 3-3 Tulsa right now. Career record of 23-20. Who does that sound like?

Hmmm, let's see...In his third year won the conference and led his team to a (minor) bowl game...in now in his fourth year he is ranked in the top 20, has a win over #13 Ole Miss just last week and is heading towards a New Years day bowl game...I give up, who DOES it sound like??
Apples and Oranges. Hook him up with an attacking DC and we will be doing fine.

Maybe we don't know the half of it on how sleezy recruiting is in some parts or leagues. I'm not going to hold it against someone who maybe has the morals to say he wouldn't want to stoop that low to be in the game he loves.

35 points to Tulsa in the third quarter. Fuente also looks very stoic on the sidelines like AG. I would be happy with Herman, Butch, or someone else with fire and passion. No more bend, don't break defense or passive demeanors.

I think you are on to something. I read an article last week that mentioned Fuente not wanting to go to an SEC school because the recruiting was too cutthroat and intense. If he feels that way, he is not the right fit for Miami because SEC schools recruit heavily in South Florida.

Yeah i heard something similar on espn the other day. I forgot who it was but he said the more they talk to people that are very close to him it's obvious that he would be muvh more comfortable in the big 12. They even suggested him building up memphis and getting them a invite to joiin the big 12.

This guy is soft. Scared of the sec and would prefer to be in the big 12 where you don't have to play defense.

Read the post above mine about why he isn't as interested in going to the sec. They reported something similar on espn about why he isn't interested in the sec as opposed to the big 12.

I don't care about him beating ole miss as proof he isn't scared. It's a different game playing every game and recruiting everyday vs them.

He doesn't want to recruit in the sec but think he will be able to handle s.fla is a ****in joke.

I saw this, and I have to agree to a point, but don't you think you and I can recruit well in so.fla?
Winning will bring a lot of these guys we didn't get...well, our own stadium would help too...watching this guy with Kaaya and Allison over the next few years with a solid DC/Recruiter would be a lot of fun.

I like Herman too, but the buyout, and it being only his first year at UH makes my doubtful of us getting him.
I'm tuning in in a few weeks when Memphis plays Houston.

You know how you recruit in South Florida? Win ******* football games.

Jesus H. Christ. Thinking that you need some magical ability besides being a good football coach in order to properly recruit Miami is up there in stupidity.

Advertisement
You know how you recruit in South Florida? Win ****ing football games.

Jesus H. Christ. Thinking that you need some magical ability besides being a good football coach in order to properly recruit Miami is up there in stupidity.

I don't know if we agree on much, but you and I can pull in a #8 recruiting class at Miami.

Passion Rank:
1. Jimmy (1 1/2 NC's)
6. Butch (1/2 NC)
8. Howard (1 NC)
10. Erickson (1 1/2 NC's)

Just win baby.

I like Fuente but I don't like him as our first option.

He is still cutting his teeth and we really can't afford any question marks on this next hire.

This next hire will decide the long term fate of UM football. Ironically it's the most important hire since Butch left.

This is not a trivial hire.

I don't understand how he is still cutting his teeth. What more should he be doing at Memphis?

1. Take an inferior program with inferior talent and beat the competition, check.

2. Win 10 games in a season, check.

3. Win the conference, check.

4. Run off 14 straight wins, 8 on the road, check.

What more do you want him to do? Be specific.

He wants him to win the National Title at South Carolina.....then he should be ready for Miami.

Advertisement
I like Fuente but I don't like him as our first option.

He is still cutting his teeth and we really can't afford any question marks on this next hire.

This next hire will decide the long term fate of UM football. Ironically it's the most important hire since Butch left.

This is not a trivial hire.

I don't understand how he is still cutting his teeth. What more should he be doing at Memphis?

1. Take an inferior program with inferior talent and beat the competition, check.

2. Win 10 games in a season, check.

3. Win the conference, check.

4. Run off 14 straight wins, 8 on the road, check.

What more do you want him to do? Be specific.

Go get a job in a Power 5 conference and repeat the previous 4. Then we'll take a real hard look at him in 5 years when Butch retires.

Ideally, yes. But after 5 years at Maryland, VT or USCe two things could happen:

1. He flamed or posted average records which would not warrant an interview
2. He performed well and got a raise (and Miami would not steal him from any of those schools)

Realistically, I cannot see Miami hiring a P5 HC.

I don't even see why that matters.

Urban came from Utah, Chip came from New Hampshire, Patterson from New Mexico, Briles from Houston, Malzahn from Arky St etc

You need the vision to see where these guys are going. I doubt Flake has that so we will probably end up with an extremely uninspiring hire.

For the record I'm perfectly fine with a G5 coach

Some ESPN reporter says he doesn't think Fuente wants to recruit in the SEC, CIS posters take it as law. Seriously people. Stop overreacting until you hear Fuente himself say it.

He doesn't want to recruit in the sec but think he will be able to handle s.fla is a ****in joke.

Oh so even though he just beat Ole Miss he is scared of the SEC since an unnamed and un-linked article mentioned it. You guys are really too ***ing stupid.

Advertisement
Some ESPN reporter says he doesn't think Fuente wants to recruit in the SEC, CIS posters take it as law. Seriously people. Stop overreacting until you hear Fuente himself say it.

I hate all 23 Kevins on this board, but you're the best of that steaming **** pile of Kevins.

This group of retards on here is inventing the idea that Fuente is scared to coach in the SEC because they heard some other knucklehead say it somewhere.

I hate all 23 Kevins on this board, but you're the best of that steaming **** pile of Kevins.

This group of retards on here is inventing the idea that Fuente is scared to coach in the SEC because they heard some other knucklehead say it somewhere.

Only scared to recruit against them. Same reporter said he is willing to play against them though.

I didn't know you can control who you recruit against.

14 straight wins with inferior talent. Took down an SEC Big Boy. Played Ole Miss and UCLA hard as **** last year. Developed a no-star QB into an NFL draft pick. Top 3 receivers on the team were walk-ons...all now All Conference candidates.

You guysm are right, he's exactly like Golden.

Easy on the developed no star QB thing. Paxton Lynch just fell through the cracks. A friend of mines son is Paxton's best friend. He was going to ball regardless. Of course I credit Fuente for putting him in the best position to succeed unlike another coach down in SoFla.

I agree with you though. I really like Fuente

He was a no, with little from any school. He feel through the cracks because his career stats were 51% Completion for 1082 Yards, 10 TDs and 10 INTs. It is hard to ball with no offers or interest. Fuente got him and developed him. Without Fuente, who knows where he is today?

This isn't his first QB either, he was the one who developed Andy Dalton.

I'll definitely give you that. Only reason I said what I did is because I had seen him live and I thought he had enormous potential

Advertisement
Back