I’m Still repping for Stoops

I watched the bowl game vs. VT, Lynn Bowden played a heroic game

My question to you is why do you think Stoops is a good hire, when his offense is continuously trash. Defense is legit - offense...

2021: 31.6 ppg (45th nationally)
2020: 21.8 ppg (110th nationally)
2019: 26.9 ppg (75th nationally)
2018: 26.6 ppg (86th nationally)
2017: 25.5 ppg (85th nationally)
2016: 30.0 ppg (58th nationally)
2015: 24.7 ppg (96th nationally)
2014: 29.2 ppg (63rd nationally)
2013: 20.5 ppg (113rd nationally)

Improvement from year one to year two for sure...then just pretty garbage/mediocre until 2021. So if 45th is the best he can do (and the average is really in the 70's if we're being real....just LOL. Take him UF.
So now he doesn’t score enough. Cool. I’m sure it’s easy to attract top tier OCs to Lexington. Heard it’s really a go to place.

Did you ever think that if he somehow ended up with a better job that he’ll somehow end up hiring a way better OC?

Advertisement
So now he doesn’t score enough. Cool. I’m sure it’s easy to attract top tier OCs to Lexington. Heard it’s really a go to place.

Did you ever think that if he somehow ended up with a better job that he’ll somehow end up hiring a way better OC?

Mario or Lane will be here soon enough so this is all moot, but if you can't comprehend the actual statistics I just listed...like c'mon man.

And the mighty SEC East with Scar and Tenn and Mizzou and UF all being powerhouses, why couldn't he score more?

Last edited:
I'll also just leave this here for the Stoops boys that come in hot saying "He's coaching with way less bro, he gave that program life bro."

Looks like Rich Brooks had some good years too...why is that? I thought Kentucky was basically Vandy and that Stoops is the only coach they've ever had that led them to success.

Again I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means, he deserves credit for his success there...but it's not the home run hire we're looking for. He's tier 2, maybe 3.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 6.29.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 6.29.43 PM.png
    435 KB · Views: 11
Mario or Lane will be here soon enough so this is all moot, but if you can't comprehend the actual statistics I just listed...like c'mon man.

And the mighty SEC East with Scar and Tenn and Mizzou and UF all being powerhouses, why couldn't he score more?
And you can’t comprehend that he’s not at a high end job that’s going to be able to attract an OC that can produce and actually stay then you shouldn’t even try to talk.

What’s next? Are you gonna complain about Matt Campbell if he’s brought up because he can’t score? Even though he beats Oklahoma almost every year? How about Dave Aranda even though his teams ranked? Paul Chryst? Yet here you are campaigning for a coach that field the 2nd worst D in the SEC and he’s actually got a decent D coordinator AND he still can’t play defense.

I posted this in another thread but I will post it here too:

Mario has the whole West Coast to recruit from, getting the best there with not much competition from other PAC-12 schools, except for USC which doesn't have much to show for. This year his recruiting is not showing results on the field.

Mark Stoops, on the other hand has to fight SEC powerhouses for recruits, probably ending with the bottom of the barrel. Fighting bag men and car dealerships of the South East. Still, he was able to build Kentucky football and develop his recruits to compete with the big boys.
Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll also just leave this here for the Stoops boys that come in hot saying "He's coaching with way less bro, he gave that program life bro."

Looks like Rich Brooks had some good years too...why is that? I thought Kentucky was basically Vandy and that Stoops is the only coach they've ever had that led them to success.

Again I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means, he deserves credit for his success there...but it's not the home run hire we're looking for. He's tier 2, maybe 3.
You know Rich Brooks was Oregon’s HC for 17 years and was also HC of the Rams right?

He also found this record breaking QB named Andre Woodson. Wonder if you heard of him too?

I posted this in another thread but I will post it here too:

Mario has the whole West Coast to recruit from, getting the best there with not much competition from other PAC-12 schools, except for USC which doesn't have much to show for.
Mark Stoops, on the other hand has to fight SEC powerhouses for recruits, probably ending with the bottom of the barrel. Fighting bag men and car dealerships of the South East. Still, he was able to build Kentucky football and develop his recruits to compete with the big boys.
Just food for thought.
This is a good point and one that I actually just looked into. His recruiting isn't as **** poor for "Kentucky"

- 2014: 22nd ranked class
- 2015: 38th ranked class
- 2016: 34th ranked class
- 2017: 30th ranked class
- 2018: 34th ranked class
- 2019: 25th ranked class
- 2020: 34th ranked class

Still averaging around a Top 30-32 class...which is a double edged sword. On one hand, it shows he can recruit better than most think, but on the other hand...why isn't he winning more games?

You know Rich Brooks was Oregon’s HC for 17 years and was also HC of the Rams right?

He also found this record breaking QB named Andre Woodson. Wonder if you heard of him too?
Yes I'm aware, he retired from UK and then Joker came in and was bad

LSU people do their due diligence and take their football very seriously. If he is number 3 for them, don't you think that makes him high value HC?
Stoops is a competent coach. LSU will drop $3 million for an OC and DC without batting an eye.

Is Miles a great coach or just somebody who benefitted from a university that spends almost ultimated resources? How about Orgeron?

Advertisement
Stoops is a competent coach. LSU will drop $3 million for an OC and DC without batting an eye.
Is Miles a great coach or just somebody who benefitted from a university that spends almost ultimated resources? How about Orgeron?
Like Larry Coker, Orgeron was players pressuring the university. Miles was a good coach and won a lot , just got older, complacent and faded away kind of like Dennis Erickson for us. They do put efforts and resources in their football program. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. This could happen with all candidates though not named Saban.

This is a good point and one that I actually just looked into. His recruiting isn't as **** poor for "Kentucky"

- 2014: 22nd ranked class
- 2015: 38th ranked class
- 2016: 34th ranked class
- 2017: 30th ranked class
- 2018: 34th ranked class
- 2019: 25th ranked class
- 2020: 34th ranked class

Still averaging around a Top 30-32 class...which is a double edged sword. On one hand, it shows he can recruit better than most think, but on the other hand...why isn't he winning more games?
What do you mean why isn’t he winning more games? He’s been 7 wins or better since ‘16. Go look at Matt Campbell at ISU. He’s on the same trend with a better QB and he’s getting NFL buzz. Why does Mario bring in top tier classes then loses games he shouldn’t?

Not everything is so cut and dry. There’s certain things that happen that are out of your control. You’re just digging for a reason not to hire Stoops because he isn’t fancy.

Have you considered the rankings of the schools he has been playing against? I haven't done strength of schedule comparison (sorry I don't have time) but I have to assume its because he is playing most of this games against SEC teams, the toughest teams in college football. That with less resources than the rest of the conference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What do you mean why isn’t he winning more games? He’s been 7 wins or better since ‘16. Go look at Matt Campbell at ISU. He’s on the same trend with a better QB and he’s getting NFL buzz. Why does Mario bring in top tier classes then loses games he shouldn’t?

Not everything is so cut and dry. There’s certain things that happen that we’re out of your control. You’re just digging for a reason not to hire Stoops because he isn’t fancy.
Guess I’ll just keep dropping the facts.

Matt Campbell is 78-46 overall, stoops is 58-53.

Matt Campbell took over a program that didn’t have a winning season since 2006, and it was a 7-6 finish.

They went 9-3 in 2000, and without that season, they don’t have a better record than 7-5…and that dates back to…ready for this? 1978!! Kinda crazy tbh, so with all these concrete numbers available in this thread..

Yeah Campbell is way better than stoops, that’s why he’s getting buzz.

Last edited:
Guess I’ll just keep dropping the facts.

Matt Campbell is 78-46 overall, stoops is 58-53.

Matt Campbell took over a program that didn’t have a winning season since 2006, and it was a 7-6 finish.

They went 9-3 in 2000, and without that season, they don’t have a better record than 7-5…and that dates back to…ready for this? 1978!! Kinda crazy.

Yeah Campbell is way better than stoops, that’s why he’s getting buzz.
Not by your standards. He doesn’t score just like you complain about stoops

He’s 41-33 since 2016. Stoops is 45-29 in the same time frame in a tougher conference. Stoops is a primary candidate for LSU as well but somehow he’s not good enough for UM.

You’re not stating facts. In fact you’re not answering a thing. You’re just bringing up your feelings. You switched the goal post in this very conversation 3 times.

Advertisement

He’s 41-33 since 2016. Stoops is 45-29 in the same time frame. Stoops is a primary candidate for LSU as well but somehow he’s not good enough for UM.

You’re not stating facts. In fact you’re not answering a thing. You’re just being up your feelings.
Not so sure...I'm reading many stats which are factual. You might not agree with how these other posters interpret those facts, but they are facts.

Stoops is very good coach who does more with less. But, few would have him as choice #1....

He’s 41-33 since 2016. Stoops is 45-29 in the same time frame. Stoops is a primary candidate for LSU as well.

You’re not being facts. In fact you’re not answering a thing. You’re just being up your feelings.
Lmao they’re all facts, literal concrete statistics that are in historical books? Unless we want to play make believe and Stoops is 120-0 all time.

Re-read my post regarding the state of the Cyclones’ football program prior to Campbell arriving, then go check the screenshot of Kentucky’s (you can go back a lil further if you want, Bc apparently they were pretty decent in the 60’s and 70’s? (Did not know this tbh).

Iowa St has NEVER had success in football, like ever. Kentucky actually has. That’s why what Campbell did is more impressive.

You’re the one who’s absolutely butt hurt I’m riddling bullet holes in your boy. I never said he was a bad coach, I never said he sucks, never said he would suck at Miami. But these are the facts - he’s a great defensive mind, absolutely phenomenal, and he’s a good head coach. He’s not elite. He should not be considered as a top 3 candidate. We can agree to disagree, that’s my opinion.

No so sure...I'm reading many stats which are factual. You might not agree with how these other posters interpret those facts, but they are facts.

Stoops is very good coach who does more with less. But, few would have him as choice #1....
Stats are math and math never tells the full story. What are the facts here?

He’s a primary candidate for the LSU job but apparently that’s still not good enough for UM.

He’s put a plethora of Pro bowl players in the league during his tenure.

He’s one of the best defensive minds in CFB

He’s at a 3rd tier basketball school so it’s hard to attract high level coaches yet he still wins.

He’s currently been over 8 wins 3 of the last 4 years and one of those years he started a WR at QB due to injuries

He’s been 7 wins or better in 5 of the last 6 years

He’s 45-29 since ‘16 and is probably gonna be even better next year if he stays

All of this is ignored because he doesn’t field a fancy offense which like I said before is probably because it’s hard to attract top tier candidates to a place like Lexington.

^These are facts.

Advertisement
Back