I’m Still repping for Stoops

iowacane76

Banned
Banned
I know the board is fascinated with Mario and Lane but Mark Stoops needs to be our next coach. Lane couldn’t win at USC so why do you think he would win here??? As for Mario… I tried to tell people that Oregon was trash. They don’t have a qb and their DC has been trash wherever he’s gone.
If Mario can find his next Geoff Collins or Todd Orlando for the DC then I won’t complain. However, Stoops took Kentucky and made them respectable. Do y’all understand how hard that is!?!? He develops players and will get in their *** when it’s needed. Let’s hope Mario stays at Oregon and Lane goes to Florida 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 Stoops welcome to the U!!!

Advertisement
I know the board is fascinated with Mario and Lane but Mark Stoops needs to be our next coach. Lane couldn’t win at USC so why do you think he would win here??? As for Mario… I tried to tell people that Oregon was trash. They don’t have a qb and their DC has been trash wherever he’s gone.
If Mario can find his next Geoff Collins or Todd Orlando for the DC then I won’t complain. However, Stoops took Kentucky and made them respectable. Do y’all understand how hard that is!?!? He develops players and will get in their *** when it’s needed. Let’s hope Mario stays at Oregon and Lane goes to Florida 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 Stoops welcome to the U!!!

The only thing that concerns me about Stoops is the offensive scheme he'd prefer to run.

The only thing that concerns me about Stoops is the offensive scheme he'd prefer to run.
Unlike Mario, Stoops is not married to one particular style of offense. Last year Stoops hired Liam Coen, who was with the Rams, in an attempt to open up the offense. Kind of hard to do at UK, due to a lack of skill players. But he does see the need.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not entirely certain what else you said, but I definitely don’t want the Crocs to get Lane.
Lane was at USC and got fired. They’re offense will be legit but they still gotta go thru UGA every year plus Bama, Lsu, A&M, etc.

Idk why coaches prefer the sec. Dabo and Ryan day play 2 or 3 games a year vs teams with equal or more talent. Same would happen here. SEC is full of teams with similar talent and if you don’t win big they fire you. Ask Ed O, Mullen, Chizik, malzhan, etc.

Took him 9 years. Also.. not interested in that offense here ever again.

Advertisement
it took stoops 6 years to turn around kentucky. Granted I know we're not as rock bottom as they were at the time but still, that's a LONG time and Miami nor us fans would be that patient

Mario and Lane both turned schools around within the the first two years

What??? He won 10 games in year 5. I’m still in shock that he turned Kentucky around. Prior to Stoops, Kentucky never won consistently
year 6. and it was relatively good in the last 2000's (8 wins a few times)

nobody is discrediting the work he's done but I mean in year 6 to get it going is great but how confident are we in him to come here and get immediate results? because we're not going to give him 4 years even to get to 10 wins

Advertisement
year 6. and it was relatively good in the last 2000's (8 wins a few times)

nobody is discrediting the work he's done but I mean in year 6 to get it going is great but how confident are we in him to come here and get immediate results? because we're not going to give him 4 years even to get to 10 wins
They won exactly 8 games twice in 06 and 07. Before that, you gotta go back to 1984 for more than 8 wins. He won 10 in 18. Last time UK did that previously was 77.

They went 2-10 the year he before he took over and his first year. Since then, he hasn’t won less than 5 games. I know that seems paltry, but UK has won less than 5 games 16 times since 1980. He did it once, in his first year.

it took stoops 6 years to turn around kentucky. Granted I know we're not as rock bottom as they were at the time but still, that's a LONG time and Miami nor us fans would be that patient

Mario and Lane both turned schools around within the the first two years
And both Ole Miss and Oregon have had a recent history of winning.Which make it easier to win quicker. Kentucky has NEVER had a winning history in the modern era.

Advertisement
Back