I’m Still repping for Stoops

I honestly don't know about his buyout and from what I read here there are conflicting reports about the amount. All I'm discussing here is his qualifications.

Also there seems to be interest on his part. I say this because when asked about the rumor of Miami coaching job availability he dodged the question. Maybe because he wants to use that to get more money from Kentucky, I have no idea. It's just he didn't say "I'm not going anywhere" or "love where I am" etc.
That is what LSU writers are reporting. Right now, it looks like he is 3rd in line behind Riley and Fisher.

Advertisement
It’s around the same as Mario’s. Not 20 mil.
Here you go. BTW, I know some are coocoo for Cocoa Puffs for Stoops. In his 8 wins this year, 5 having losing records. The three with winning records: Missouri (6-5), South Carolina (6-5) and Chattanooga (6-5). SEC East is every bit as bad as the Coastal or Atlantic divisions, except obviously Georgia.

Last edited:
Y'all can't ask what has Lane accomplished and then say you want a dude like Stoops.

1. What did he do/accomplish? As previously stated, removing Lane's tenure at FAU and discussing his actual college tenure (updated after yesterday):

- His overall record is 49-28
- His conference record is 30-23
- Zero conference championships in those 7 seasons*.

2. There is a tremendous difference between Ole Miss and Kentucky. Numerous HCs, while HC at Ole Miss, have had winning overall records during the last 30 years. Besides Stoops, there are none. The last coach with a winning overall record, while HC at Kentucky was 50 years ago. None of this means that Ole Miss is some great program, it just means that Kentucky was a bottom dweller in the SEC for many many many years, while Ole Miss, was not.

With that said, I don't expect Lane to consistently beat UGA or Bama or even win the SECCG. I am just saying what he has done there isn't that impressive.

Here is their out of conference records and opponents since 2020.

Stoops is: 11-9 (9-9)

- OOC: 4-0 (Game this week against UL)

2020: NC State (Bowl Game)
2021: ULM, Chattanooga, New Mexico State and UL (haven't played in 2021)

Kiffin is: 14-7 (9-7)

- OOC: 5-0

2020: Indiana (Bowl Game)
2021: Louisville, Tulane, Austin Peay and Liberty

----

*Yes, Lane was 7-2 in conference in 2010. That same year Oregon was 8-1 and Stanford was 8-1. Maybe he beats one of them in the Conference championship, maybe not. Also, Ole Miss was eliminated from the SEC CG after Alabama won yesterday.

Here you go. BTW, I know some are coocoo for Cocoa Puffs for Stoops. In his 8 wins this year, 5 having losing records. The three with winning records: Missouri (6-5), South Carolina (6-5) and Chattanooga (6-5). SEC East is every bit as bad as the Coastal or Atlantic divisions, except obviously Georgia.

Yak Yak Yak

He’s been 7 wins or better since 2016 other than one year at a 3rd tier basketball school and you want a coach that’s been fired from the closest job you can get to Miami with out it being the UM job while my guy is one of the primary candidates for the LSU job. Funny how actual competent decision makers want to make Stoops their coach but Miami fans want to cry about how he wasn’t winning SEC championships left and right at a basketball school. Par of course for this site though.

They couldn't get ri

Herbert had His 2 best seasons under Mario, and Herbert threw the ball as much or even more than the top QBs in the Country at the time. This notion that Mario is a "3 yds. and a cloud of dust" coach is just plain wrong. Give Mario TVD with our RB room and we're breakin' records...period.
Herbert was 18th in the country in attempts. Not that special, especially considering how special Herbert has been as a pro already.

For a comparison, Burrow had 99 more attempts than him. Jordan Love had 50 more attempts. I wouldn’t say that they “aired it out” considering how talented Herbert is.

Burrow aired it out and look where it got them. But then again, Orgeron is the definition of a “cloud of dust Coach” except for that year so I guess anyone can adapt.

Advertisement
So let’s play that out…. If a helmet doesn’t somehow come off, a phantom penalty call go out way, and a knee not just barely touch the field… we would be 3-8.

There’s no value in playing the what if game.
I get it goes both ways, Just saying that it's crazy how it all plays out

I wish they would have gone our way as I want our team to win. the consolation prize is we get a new coach and a new administration

I know the board is fascinated with Mario and Lane but Mark Stoops needs to be our next coach. Lane couldn’t win at USC so why do you think he would win here??? As for Mario… I tried to tell people that Oregon was trash. They don’t have a qb and their DC has been trash wherever he’s gone.
If Mario can find his next Geoff Collins or Todd Orlando for the DC then I won’t complain. However, Stoops took Kentucky and made them respectable. Do y’all understand how hard that is!?!? He develops players and will get in their *** when it’s needed. Let’s hope Mario stays at Oregon and Lane goes to Florida 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿 Stoops welcome to the U!!!
RunNing a triple O and just getting by on defense in close games..nah for me

Herbert was 18th in the country in attempts. Not that special, especially considering how special Herbert has been as a pro already.

For a comparison, Burrow had 99 more attempts than him. Jordan Love had 50 more attempts. I wouldn’t say that they “aired it out” considering how talented Herbert is.

Burrow aired it out and look where it got them. But then again, Orgeron is the definition of a “cloud of dust Coach” except for that year so I guess anyone can adapt.

I hear you, but that 2019 LSU passing game was an all time great, I don't see anybody surpassing what that offense did for awhile. Plus Herbert didn't have the WRs that Burrow had.

Yak Yak Yak

He’s been 7 wins or better since 2016 other than one year at a 3rd tier basketball school and you want a coach that’s been fired from the closest job you can get to Miami with out it being the UM job while my guy is one of the primary candidates for the LSU job. Funny how actual competent decision makers want to make Stoops their coach but Miami fans want to cry about how he wasn’t winning SEC championships left and right at a basketball school. Par of course for this site though.
Good for LSU. That also think they can draw Fisher away from A&M which has more money than LSU. I have no real problem with Stoops other than if that is his buyout than he is not worth it. He is a competent head coach.

Advertisement
That's all you need to see regarding Stoops. Let him go to UFelon and they'll bathe in mediocrity for 4-5 years.

And don't give me that "Kentucky sucks at football" Bs. If he was such an elite coach in the Mighty SEC East, he'd get them 8+ wins imo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.45.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.45.23 PM.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 13
That's all you need to see regarding Stoops. Let him go to UFelon and they'll bathe in mediocrity for 4-5 years.

And don't give me that "Kentucky sucks at football" Bs. If he was such an elite coach in the Mighty SEC East, he'd get them 8+ wins imo
Like this year? And in 2019? And 18?

Lmfao

Like this year? And in 2019? And 18?

Lmfao
2019 sure did look magical...4-5 record before rattling off four straight wins against the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores, Tennessee-Martin, a 7-5 Louisville Team and then VT in a meaningless Duke's Mayo Bowl Game.

Look I get he's never really had a good QB, and he's known as an exceptional defensive mind + tough...but this is option like 6 or 7 imo. Not even in the same stratosphere as Mario or Lane, **** I want Aranda before him.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.55.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.55.57 PM.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 8
2019 sure did look magical
Lmao and? It was magical. Lynn Bowden, his star WR, had to play QB because they all got hurt. That season itself is why he should be the No. 1 guy. He got to 8 wins playing a WR at QB.

Crazy how when you do some actual research you automatically win an argument.

Advertisement
Would Stoops stoop to an appropriately cretinous level of CIS poRst?
I’m just waiting for someone to post how we shouldn’t hire Matt Campbell either because he went 7-5 this year. This place is amazing.

Advertisement
Lmao and? It was magical. Lynn Bowden, his star WR, had to play QB because they all got hurt. That season itself is why he should be the No. 1 guy. He got to 8 wins playing a WR at QB.

Crazy how when you do some actual research you automatically win an argument.
I watched the bowl game vs. VT, Lynn Bowden played a heroic game

My question to you is why do you think Stoops is a good hire, when his offense is continuously trash. Defense is legit - offense...

2021: 31.6 ppg (45th nationally)
2020: 21.8 ppg (110th nationally)
2019: 26.9 ppg (75th nationally)
2018: 26.6 ppg (86th nationally)
2017: 25.5 ppg (85th nationally)
2016: 30.0 ppg (58th nationally)
2015: 24.7 ppg (96th nationally)
2014: 29.2 ppg (63rd nationally)
2013: 20.5 ppg (113rd nationally)

Improvement from year one to year two for sure...then just pretty garbage/mediocre until 2021. So if 45th is the best he can do (and the average is really in the 70's if we're being real....just LOL. Take him UF.

Advertisement
Back