I’m Still repping for Stoops

Lmao they’re all facts, literal concrete statistics that are in historical books? Unless we want to play make believe and Stoops is 120-0 all time.

Re-read my post regarding the state of the Cyclones’ football program prior to Campbell arriving, then go check the screenshot of Kentucky’s (you can go back a lil further if you want, Bc apparently they were pretty decent in the 60’s and 70’s? (Did not know this tbh).

Iowa St has NEVER had success in football, like ever. Kentucky actually has. That’s why what Campbell did is more impressive.

You’re the one who’s absolutely butt hurt I’m riddling bullet holes in your boy. I never said he was a bad coach, I never said he sucks, never said he would suck at Miami. But these are the facts - he’s a great defensive mind, absolutely phenomenal, and he’s a good head coach. He’s not elite. He should not be considered as a top 3 candidate. We can agree to disagree, that’s my opinion.
Cool. I’ll book mark it this time And in 3 years when I’m right for like the 5 millionth time on this board I’ll let you know who’s your Daddy.

Advertisement
Stats are math and math never tells the full story. What are the facts here?

He’s a primary candidate for the LSU job but apparently that’s still not good enough for UM.

He’s put a plethora of Pro bowl players in the league during his tenure.

He’s one of the best defensive minds in CFB

He’s at a 3rd tier basketball school so it’s hard to attract high level coaches yet he still wins.

He’s currently been over 8 wins 3 of the last 4 years and one of those years he started a WR at QB due to injuries

He’s been 7 wins or better in 5 of the last 6 years

He’s 45-29 since ‘16 and is probably gonna be even better next year if he stays

All of this is ignored because he doesn’t field a fancy offense which like I said before is probably because it’s hard to attract top tier candidates to a place like Lexington.

^These are facts.
You start this post by saying “Stats are math and math never tells the full story.”

You then proceed to list stats. Whatever.

You start this post by saying “Stats are math and math never tells the full story.”

You then proceed to list stats. Whatever.
Wins and losses are the same as offensive and defensive statistics? Ok guy.

Cool. I’ll book mark it this time And in 3 years when I’m right for like the 5 millionth time on this board I’ll let you know who’s your Daddy

Sheesh getting bodied by another poster as well and still can’t have a civil argument…little man inferiority complex is real.

Advertisement
This is a good point and one that I actually just looked into. His recruiting isn't as **** poor for "Kentucky"

- 2014: 22nd ranked class
- 2015: 38th ranked class
- 2016: 34th ranked class
- 2017: 30th ranked class
- 2018: 34th ranked class
- 2019: 25th ranked class
- 2020: 34th ranked class

Still averaging around a Top 30-32 class...which is a double edged sword. On one hand, it shows he can recruit better than most think, but on the other hand...why isn't he winning more games?

And not a single top 15-20 QB prospect in any of those classes. That was my concern with Mario, too, but then I looked and Cristobal has flipped a 4* from Ole Miss recently.

And not a single top 15-20 QB prospect in any of those classes. That was my concern with Mario, too, but then I looked and Cristobal has flipped a 4* from Ole Miss recently.
Hence my point. It’s Lexington. Blue chip QBs and top tier OC candidates aren’t lining up by the dozens to go there. He’s tried the portal too. Ended up with Wilson, Gatewood, and Levis.

It’s not a recruiting issue because his teams are talented. Sometimes you just have to admit that you gotta get lucky at QB at these schools. Let’s be real, Matt Campbell is a great coach but does he have as much success as he’s had if Brock Purdy wasn’t his QB?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stoops is better than cristobal and kiffin but those guys get all the hype. When has Kentucky ever sniffed what they’ve had under Stoops?

UF isn’t gonna just hire a new coach and slide into #2 in that division. Stoops and Heupel at Tennessee gonna have something to say about that.

Stoops is better than cristobal and kiffin but those guys get all the hype. When has Kentucky ever sniffed what they’ve had under Stoops?

UF isn’t gonna just hire a new coach and slide into #2 in that division. Stoops and Heupel at Tennessee gonna have something to say about that.
They all get hype. Ppl hyped Stoops up, Mario, and Kiffin. Then ppl **** on them also. Cut it out

Advertisement
I'd prefer Stoops over the dudes favored.

Freeze > Stoops > Lane > Mario

Top four based on CIS mentions

I think I'm the only one pumping Freeze though. Buy that *******'s contract out

mirvin88 available for AD

Advertisement
For those who are far more informed than I, what is the latest with M Stoops for other jobs? While most of our candidates seem to be getting locked up, he is still at Kentucky and I was just wondering if LSU is making a move for him or if he is still a possibility.

I still think he is the non-**** hire that potentially could be our best choice.

Anyhooo, what’s the latest on coaching searches and M Stoops?

I'd prefer Stoops over the dudes favored.

Freeze > Stoops > Lane > Mario

Top four based on CIS mentions

I think I'm the only one pumping Freeze though. Buy that *******'s contract out

mirvin88 available for AD
See my On the Record thread. I think you and I are right on the same page with our pecking order. Unfortunately Freeze needs another 2 years or so of keeping his nose clean and distancing himself from his past before some programs would consider him

I'd be perfectly fine with Stoops as our coach if Mario/Lane don't happen. Stoops is a grizzled vet of a coach. His teams are tough and disciplined, basically the opposite of what we are under Diaz. His OC hire would make or break him as far as his ceiling here at Miami but his teams are good within the trenches and we need that badly. His best quality to me is his evaluation ability. Kentucky consistently finds undervalued guys and develops them with lots getting drafted in the NFL. Stoops is a good fit here and I would be happy to have him.

Advertisement
Back