Huge NIL News

Advertisement
If you could get sued for defamation for anonymous posting things that may or may not be true on a message board we’d all be broke and in jail… but yeah lol it wasn’t an intentional troll just an observation how quickly the hammer falls when you post something that doesn’t fall in line
Well you can post something with substance or you can post what you posted, which is whining, crying, how much of an "expert" you are and obviously a not "intentional" troll. Oh and several "I am done posting about this" comments.

Youre like streetja and his #FoldTheProgram.

because you want Miami to be successful. I audit financial records, I was also an asset manager for years. I’m going to go on a limb and say I’ve been around more millionaires than you, and you have your head up your *** if you think every one of them is on the up and up, the fact he supports the same team as me has no bearing on that.
Well you can post something with substance or you can post what you posted, which is whining, crying, how much of an "expert" you are and obviously a not "intentional" troll. Oh and several "I am done posting about this" comments.

wouldn't be surprised if he was Billy Corben tbh

Substance? What substance is there for Ruiz throwing around 500 million plus on future earnings? What happens if his deal doesn’t go through? Where was he 10 years ago, he’s been in business for 30? I said I was done responding to that other dude, I find this a fascinating conversation so I changed my mind and will continue. Considering this is a message board it’s a little ridiculous to criticize me for making assumptions based on something I actually do have expertise in, considering how many pro scouts, recruitnicks, ncaa experts etc we have here.

Question:

Who gets to decide market value for a player? If Ruiz/LifeWallet want to pay TVD $50K or Chaney $30K who’s to say, ‘that’s above fair market value’?

Also:

For all the new money for players don’t forget many, if not most, come from backgrounds of lesser economic means. Yes, their education, room, and board may be covered by a scholarship but these kids have parents and siblings they can help support. Some have children of their own.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Substance? What substance is there for Ruiz throwing around 500 million plus on future earnings? What happens if his deal doesn’t go through? Where was he 10 years ago, he’s been in business for 30? I said I was done responding to that other dude, I find this a fascinating conversation so I changed my mind and will continue. Considering this is a message board it’s a little ridiculous to criticize me for making assumptions based on something I actually do have expertise in, considering how many pro scouts, recruitnicks, ncaa experts etc we have here.
I love how you think you know how much money he has currently in his bank account.

About 20 years ago, little over that, he was the lawyer in a 3.5 billion dollar settlement deal for fat pills. About 10 years ago he found his current work, which is suing insurance companies for failed payments.

Its incredible really how much you seem to care, yet how little substance and research has been put behind it.

Question:

Who gets to decide market value for a player? If Ruiz/LifeWallet want to pay TVD $50K or Chaney $30K who’s to say, ‘that’s above fair market value’?

Also:

For all the new money for players don’t forget many, if not most, come from backgrounds of lesser economic means. Yes, their education, room, and board may be covered by a scholarship but these kids have parents and siblings they can help support. Good for them.
Agreed that’s why I didn’t say a thing about NIL I think 50k for TVD is a **** of a lot more reasonable than a million for a high schooler that hasn’t played a down. I’m not here to argue against NIL, they should be getting paid as much or more. I’m saying it looks sketch when one person starts getting this involved this quick, especially when the other side has made it clear they’re desperate to be “back”. That’s the only similarity between this and Shapiro, the huge smile on Donna’s face holding that big check because the school was “broke” at the time.

Our program has been an amateur hour, broke *** circus for years where fans cry about other teams dropping bags.

We finally start conducting ourselves seriously with the HC/AD hires, and begin "dropping bags" like a big time program but now some *** *** geeks want to cry about the source?

Shut up. I'd love to pick that whiny midget Corbin up by his feet and use him as a club to smash all the other nerds crying about our new T Bro Pickens.

Last edited:
I love how you think you know how much money he has currently in his bank account.

About 20 years ago, little over that, he was the lawyer in a 3.5 billion dollar settlement deal for fat pills. About 10 years ago he found his current work, which is suing insurance companies for failed payments.

Its incredible really how much you seem to care, yet how little substance and research has been put behind it.
Yeah I read his website too thanks

Advertisement
Notes from the Ruiz call (my notes in parentheses, I am just throwing this down, won't be pretty, free flowing).

As predicted, Ruiz has outside counsel handing some of this to keep it buttoned up and compliant. (Shuts up 100 CIS posters).

When they submit an NIL contract to the U, Miami then reviews it for compliance and any potential conflict of interest. So there is a University review as well. (Shuts up 100 CIS posters).

They are not discussing deals or negotiating with anyone who isn't already at or committed to UM, they are very careful to not use this as a recruiting tool (obviously this is for compliance, but we all know it makes coming to UM more attractive - Shuts up 100 CIS posters).

(Oh boy, Rosenhaus joins call).

Rosenhaus explains a lot of what Ruiz has been doing for the U and players. Says all fans should be incredibly thankful. Makes a good point that the players are learning a lot about business from this process. It's a great opportunity to help young men and their families, whether they make the NFL or not, and get to help the U, give back to my school. Agencies are not making a lot of money on these deals, are investing in their futures and giving back, we are adding significant NIL staff.

(Oh boy, FRM guy joins call).

FRM guy reiterates that Ruiz is changing the landscape down here in Miami, not just for the U, but for SFL, HS's, helping kids throughout the whole city of Miami. Calls him a visionary.

Ruiz: I've been fighting large corporations and monopolies that think they can use their weight against the small consumer my whole life. I'm not scared of them. Same with the NCAA, I've litigated against these behemoths and when you engage in a legal process, the truth comes out. I don't break any laws, I do things right, we are complaint, the goal is to get a judge to rule on what's legal and illegal when you litigate. HS kids own their own NIL, why are we picking on these kids and telling them they have to go wait tables when they can make money off themselves? I want to teach these kids how to dress, act, function in society, stay away from drugs and alcohol. We need to help these kids be goal oriented and focused on their future.

People attacking me and my family on twitter is a sideshow. If you have a problem, tell me how we can construct this better. I am open to doing this as well as possible. That's the goal. We need to train these kids how to use this money well, develop business sense. Mentions W2/1099/tax guidance etc. NIL includes tax prep consultations, lessons on how to take write offs, keep accounting and checking properly. Many of these kids have never written a check in their lives.

(((this is 1000x times better than the twitter spaces, Gary is doing a good job moderating, and its giving Ruiz a better platform to explain himself succinctly. Its flowing well and everyone sounds seasoned))).

They give shoutout to Dan Lambert who really got this going at the U with the first round.

FRM Guy (Malki or whatever): "This isn't Nevin Shapiro, this is a legitimate businessman choosing to devote his time and money to kids in the community, and at the school that they love that educated his entire family. People and fans need to be thanking them at every turn, this family could be out on their boats every day but they are doing a somewhat thankless job that invites criticism apparently." Also tells Ruiz to just keep doing these good things, being the good people they are, don't worry about outside people who complain. The football team loves the family. Talks about things the Ruiz family has done for some of his clients, just to be helpful without any tweets or anything in return, just supporting young athletes. Talks about Carol Soffer and how he thanks her all the time for the IFP, and how important it was. Same for Lambert. How can you hate on Ruiz, Soffer, Lambert? They are doing what no one has ever been willing to do? ***** anyone who is upset about this. Ruiz is helping to make these kids better people. Buy Ruiz a drink if you see him! Leonard Taylor and Gilbert and others are using their money to help his mothers and families.

Ruiz: It's all good. We get 100 people supporting this initiative for every twitter complainer. We understand the promotion criticism. But we are doing it to get the word out to get others involved, to create enthusiasm for the U, the program, and NIL (subtext is that potential recruits realize there is financial support to be had if they come). Ruiz and his team reviews every contract for any issues, conflict of interest. One of his attorneys is devoted to this, Alexis Fernandez (think I saw a pic of her - if so, smokeshow) and was working on these deals till 2am last night and was back in office at 630am.

Way back before Covid Ruiz was mentoring 20-30 kids on business, life skills, presentation, helping isn't a new idea for them. NIL just created the opportunity for financial support. Been working with youth and elderly for a long while.

Ruiz' whole family is passionate about this. Life Wallet is contracting to help people (talks about the wallet and how it conveys patient info instantly in the case of an emergency, etc. Docs don't have access to medical history unless they are already the patients doc). Life Wallet is using these athletes to promote the product and help study the data of athlete injuries. They are working with Hurricanes/Dolphins team doc who is a very innovative guy. You get your car checked out they plug into the computer and know everything. We don't have this for our bodies yet. Kids are not just going to get a check. We want to work with them, give them responsibilities, earn their money, learn finance, learn responsibility. More important than their money. They will help kids improve their social channels, and use them to promote LW. That's the job of it. Basically influencer stuff.

Holy crap, the Ruiz' are part owners investors in a TON of top Miami restaurants I like lol. Want to fold some stuff in, as well as potential partnerships with pro teams.

Everyone working hard. I don't believe in giving anyone anything without hard work. Employees, his kids... NIL recipients too.

The family immediately donated $1M to the residents at the Surfside collapse when it happened in context of moving quick. Born and raised in Miami, all UM graduates, all love Miami, this is their hometown, its where they focus is. They really want to build an entire community sports complex at Tropical Park to benefit the U, high schools, lower schools, the community...

Johnny talked about 11.9 scholarships for baseball... 25/50% schollys... how NIL will help.

The Beibers and TikTok people make money off being an influencer, why can't these athletes?

Working on 5 NIL deals for baseball players right now!!!! Possibly finished by today or tomorrow. NIL deals for women's sports coming too. The daughter is spearheading.

The Ruiz' have been donating to UM for many, many years. They love the U. They acknowledge they are first generation Americans from Cuba, first to graduate college... they are very grateful... the company is doing really well and they have a lot more money now, and want to give back.

Talked about going to UM baseball games and football games since the boys were 4, Jim Morris baseball camps too.

Stadium Arcadium: people are too quick to react. CGHS idea was just one of many... they would love for students to be able to walk to the games... they wanted to improve CGHS by building a new one for them. But again CGHS was just one of many ideas. (seems clear they are more focused on TP).

They own their own production studio they can use for NIL stuff. High tech. Staff will be assigned. NIL kids and other students will be given opportunities.

Johnny Ruiz: massive complex for community besides the stadium. Lots of improvements, new community fields, tennis, whole look will be bigger. Stadium will be state of the art. Not intimidated by HRH amenities, will be equivalent or better.

TP is 270 acres, the vision has changed from stadium to something much bigger. Talking about improving helicopter access to Jackson Hospital, fiber optics, sports fields at high schools.. other stuff (I can't keep up). Its not just about the U. Public schools have bad fields and gyms. Talking about building hospitals in the community.

(Gary talking about how people make judgments on how much $ the family has - I C U CIS. Talks about the Homestead deal, gary is explaining away how there are big boy conflicts at that level, "killer whales going at each others throats, mayor arrested" etc. He's not wrong.)

Talks about SPAC deal possibly going through within a month possibly, basically politely says they have a lot of businesses that make a lot of money. Politely saying don't worry CIS were rich AF. :)

Talks about Miami being the epicenter of tech now. Talks about Mario coming back to Miami being a game-changer. Gives all credit to the admin for getting Mario here. Says NIL doesn't matter unless you have a true leader and Mario is the man. The fans, the people, the energy around the U being back... that's what's driving this. The U logo is like the Dallas star. It's a BRAND. Everywhere. It matters. People want to be here. We just weren't driving the bus the way we should have, but we are now.

We can't do this by ourselves. We need the fans, everyone to help. Go to the games. Predicting game 1 sellout. People are flying in from all over.

(Gary talking about Dan Lambert increasing his $6k a year per kid... Lambert comes on - Gary is kinda killing this lol)

Ruiz calls Dan Lambert a trendsetter, says he took the first step and influenced him to get this going too. Gives high praise and respect.

Lambert talks about how when he started this it was just to try to help... now he's in a dream with the way the school and guys like Ruiz stepped up... (mentions the new staff as a really exciting thing...sounds like he may know some things lol). Lambert says this is all a dream come true. School can only do so much - we need the community and Ruiz is a godsend. Lambert just wanted to give a little back to the kids who give so much to the fans by working their asses off. Nothing can bring the community together more than UM winning. He's talking to a lot of people about piggybacking his NIL program.

Ruiz talking about that other lawyer, how 30% of Ruiz cases are opposed by him in court. But when they talk about UM, it pulls them together. UM can bridge these gaps, mentioned politics and how much he hates them.

Ruiz talking about how NIL is constructed, pretty sure deliberately to make the ******** on CIS who are saying this is shady STFU. Takes us through NCAA regulations, legislature, courts. He's going big lawyer on us. Breaks the rules and regs all down. Talks about NCAA and HS's and FHSAA and how they are being unconstitutional (my word). Talks about conflicts in the law, and how there are inequities.

Going in on Corben and those three, and how they don't have a team of 40 internal lawyers like they do, don't know the rules, don't go to the courts, and don't know crap. For people to come out who are ignorant to the judicial system is stupid they should STFU.

Talking again how it's important to not negotiate with prospective recruits, even though other schools are doing it. They are VERY careful. He's about doing NIL in his community. Talks about how he tells his kids to do the right thing. Be above board. That's why they are confident with being transparent. They believe in the University's autonomy and have made non-earmarked donations. Also helping kids at Barry, St Thomas, FIU, high schools, not just UM (remember they gave like $15M combined to Westminster and Sunset recently IIRC).

OMG.. Ruiz: who is the NCAA to be investigating all these teams? We're investigating the NCAA. Stop being scared of them. They have to abide by the same laws we do. Game on. We sue much bigger orgs than the NCAA and we beat them. Why? Because they're not doing the right thing. I've litigated against them and the FHSAA before. They are violating the rights of contract and will not withstand judicial scrutiny. I'm not the U. I'm not suing for the school. I am challenging on behalf of my clients (hs kids I guess). We are compliant with every NCAA rule. They know if they push it too far they will lose their authority.

Johnny: Its a shame that people who have love for the U are being negative, when they are ignorant and misinformed. They need to educate themselves about what is happening. Miami is going to be the mecca of college sports. Also gives props for bringing in Rad and Mario. Says total makeover coming.

There was a tease about a big capital project (pretty sure for football) getting announced soon.

And to answer everyone's next question I am home waiting for a PCR test result to come back after being exposed lol.

Buster Keaton End Rant GIF

Last edited:
Notes from the Ruiz call (my notes in parentheses, I am just throwing this down, won't be pretty, free flowing).

As predicted, Ruiz has outside counsel handing some of this to keep it buttoned up and compliant. (Shuts up 100 CIS posters).

When they submit an NIL contract to the U, Miami then reviews it for compliance and any potential conflict of interest. So there is a University review as well. (Shuts up 100 CIS posters).

They are not discussing deals or negotiating with anyone who isn't already at or committed to UM, they are very careful to not use this as a recruiting tool (obviously this is for compliance, but we all know it makes coming to UM more attractive - Shuts up 100 CIS posters).

Rosenhaus explains a lot of what Ruiz has been doing for the U and players. Says all fans should be incredibly thankful. Makes a good point that the players are learning a lot about business from this process. It's a great opportunity to help young men and their families, whether they make the NFL or not, and get to help the U, give back to my school. Agencies are not making a lot of money on these deals, are investing in their futures and giving back, we are adding significant NIL staff.

FRM guy reiterates that Ruiz is changing the landscape down here in Miami, not just for the U, but for SFL, HS's, helping kids throughout the whole city of Miami. Calls him a visionary.

Ruiz: I've been fighting large corporations and monopolies that think they can use their weight against the small consumer my whole life. I'm not scared of them. Same with the NCAA, I've litigated against these behemoths and when you engage in a legal process, the truth comes out. I don't break any laws, I do things right, we are complaint, the goal is to get a judge to rule on what's legal and illegal when you litigate. HS kids own their own NIL, why are we picking on these kids and telling them they have to go wait tables when they can make money off themselves? I want to teach these kids how to dress, act, function in society, stay away from drugs and alcohol. We need to help these kids be goal oriented and focused on their future.

People attacking me and my family on twitter is a sideshow. If you have a problem, tell me how we can construct this better. I am open to doing this as well as possible. That's the goal. We need to train these kids how to use this money well, develop business sense. Mentions W2/1099/tax guidance etc. NIL includes tax prep consultations, lessons on how to take write offs, keep accounting and checking properly. Many of these kids have never written a check in their lives.

(((this is 1000x times better than the twitter spaces, Gary is doing a good job moderating, and its giving Ruiz a better platform to explain himself succinctly. Its flowing well and everyone sounds seasoned))).

They give shoutout to Dan Lambert who really got this going at the U with the first round.

FRM Guy (Malki or whatever): "This isn't Nevin Shapiro, this is a legitimate businessman choosing to devote him time and money to kids in the community, and at the school that they love that educated his entire family. People and fans need to be thanking them at every turn, this family could be out on their boats every day but they are doing a somewhat thankless job that invites criticism apparently." Also tells Ruiz to just keep doing these good things, being the good people they are, don't worry about outside people who complain. The football team loves the family. Talks about things the Ruiz family has done for some of his clients, just to be helpful without any tweets or anything is return, just supporting young athletes. Talks about Carol Soffer and how he thanks her for the IFP, and how important it was. Same for Lambert. How cal you hate on Ruiz, Soffer, Lambert? They are doing what no one has ever been willing to do? Fvck anyone who is upset about this. Ruiz is helping to make these kids better people. Buy Ruiz a drink if you see him! Leonard Taylor is using his money to help his mother.

Ruiz: It's all good. We get 100 people supporting this initiative for every twitter complainer. We get the promotion criticism. But we are doing it to get the word out to get others involved, to create enthusiasm for the U, the program, and NIL (subtext is that potential recruits realize there is financial support to be had if they come). Ruiz and his team reviews every contract for any issues, conflict of interest. One of his attorneys is devoted to this, Alexis Fernandez (think I saw a pic of her - if so, smokeshow) and was working on these deals till 2am last night and was back in office at 630am.

Way back before Covid Ruiz was mentoring 20-30 kids on business, life skills, presentation, helping isn't a new idea for them.NIL just created the opportunity for financial support. Been working with youth and elderly for a long while.

Ruiz whole family is passionate about this. Life Wallet is contracting to help people (talks about the wallet and how it conveys patient info instantly in the case of an emergency, etc. Docs don't have access to medical history unless they are already the patients doc). Life Wallet is using these athletes to promote the product and help study the data of athlete injuries. They are working with Hurricanes/Dolphins team doc who is a very innovative guy. You get your car checked out they plug into the computer and know everything. We don't have this for our bodies yet. Kids are not just going to get a check. We want to work with them, give them responsibilities, work for their money, learn finances, learn responsibility. More important than their money. They will help kids improve their social channels, and use them to promote LW. That's the job of it. Basically influencer stuff.

Holy crap, the Ruiz' are part owners investors in a TON of top Miami restaurants. Want to fold some stuff in, as well as potential partnerships with pro teams.

Everyone working hard. I don't believe in giving anyone anything without hard work. Employees, his kids... NIL recipients too.

The family immediately donated $1M to the residents at the Surfside collapse when it happened. Born and raised in Miami, all UM graduates, all love Miami, this is their hometown, its where they focus is. They really want to build an entire community sports complex at Tropical Park to benefit the U, high schools, lower schools, the community...

Johnny talked about 11.9 scholarships for baseball... 25/50% schollys... how NIL will help.

The Beibers and TikTok people make money off being an influencer, why can't these athletes?

Working on 5 NIL deals for baseball players right now!!!! Possibly finished by today or tomorrow. NIL deals for women's sports coming too. The daughter is spearheading.

The Ruiz' have been donating to UM for many, many years. They love the U. They acknowledge they are first generation Americans from Cuba, first to graduate college... they are very grateful... the company is doing really well and they have a lot more money now, and want to give back.

Talked about going to UM baseball games and football games since the boys were 4, Jim Morris baseball camps too.

People are too quick to react. CGHS idea was just one of many... they would love for students to be able to walk to the games... they wanted to improve CGHS by building a new one for them. But again CGHS was just one of many ideas. (seems clear they are more focused on TP).

They own their own production studio they can use for NIL stuff. High tech. Staff will be assigned. NIL kids and other students will be given opportunities.

Johnny Ruiz: massive complex for community besides the stadium. Lots of improvements, new community fields, tennis, whole look will be bigger. Stadium will be state of the art. Not intimidated by HRH amenities, will be equivalent or better.

TP is 270 acres, the vision has changed from stadium to something much bigger. Talking about improving helicopter access to Jackson Hospital, fiber optics, sports fields at high schools.. other stuff I can't keep up. Its not just about the U. Public schools have bad fields and gyms. Talking about building hospitals in the community.

(Gary talking about how people make judgments on how much $ the family has - I C U CIS. Talks about the Homestead deal, gary is explaining away how there are big boy conflicts at that level, "killer whales going at each others throats" etc. He's not wrong.)

Talks about SPAC deal possibly going through within a month possibly, basically politely says they have a lot of businesses that make a lot of money. Politely saying don't worry CIS were rich AF. :)

Talks about Miami being the epicenter of tech now. Talks about Mario coming back to Miami being a game-changer. Gives all credit to the admin for getting Mario here. Says NIL doesn't matter unless you have a true leader and Mario is the man. The fans, the people, the energy around the U being back... that's what's driving this. The U logo is like the Dallas star. It's a BRAND. Everywhere. It matters. People want to be here. We just weren't drinking the bus the way we should have, but we are now.

We can't do this by ourselves. We need the fans, everyone to help. Go to the games. Predicting game 1 sellout. People are flying in from all over.

(Gary talking about Dan Lambert increasing his $6k a year per kid... Lambert comes on - Gary is kinda killing this lol)

Ruiz calls Dan a trendsetter, says he took the first step and influenced him to get this going too. Gives high praise and respect.

Lambert talks about how when he started this it was just to try to help... now he's in a dream with the way the school and guys like Ruiz stepped up... (mentions the new staff as a really exciting thing...sounds like he may know some things lol). Lambert says this is all a dream come true. School can only do so much - we need the community and Ruiz is a godsend. Lambert just wanted to give a little back to the kids who give so much to the fans by working their asses off. Nothing can bring the community together more than UM winning. He's taking to a lot of people about piggybacking his NIL program.

Talks about that other lawyer, how 30% of Ruiz cases are opposed by him in court. But when they talk about UM, it pulls them together. UM can bridge these gaps, mentioned politics and how much he hates them.

Ruiz talking about how NIL is constructed, pretty sure deliberately to make the ******** on CIS who are saying this is shady STFU. Takes us through NCAA regulations, legislature, courts. He went big lawyer on us. Breaks the rules and regs all down. Talks about NCAA and HS's and FHSAA and how they are being unconstitutional (my word). Talks about conflicts in the law, and how there are inequities.

Going in on Corben and those three, and how they don't have a team of 40 internal lawyers like they do, don't know the rules, don't go to the courts, and don't know crap. For people to come out who are ignorant to the judicial system should STFU.

Talking again how it's important to not negotiate with prospective recruits, even though other schools are doing it. They are VERY careful. He's about doing NIL in his community. Talks about how he tells his kids to do the right thing. Be above board. That's why they are confident with being transparent. They believe in the UNiversity's autonomy and have made non-earmarked donations. Also helping kids at barry, St Thomas, FIU, high schools, not just UM.

OMG.. Ruiz: who is the NCAA to be investigating all these teams? We're investigating them. Stop being scared of them. They have to abide by the same laws we do. Game on. We sue much bigger orgs than the NCAA and we beat them. Why? Because they're not doing the right thing. I've litigated against them and the FHSAA before. They are violating the rights of contract and will not withstand judicial scrutiny. I'm not the U. I'm not suing for the school. I am challenging on behalf of my clients (hs kids I guess). We are compliant with every NCAA rule. They know if they push it too far they will lose their authority.

Johnny: Its a shame that people who have love for the U are being negative, when they are ignorant and misinformed. They need to educate educate themselves about what is happening. Miami is going to be the Mecca of college sports. Also gives props for bringing in Rad and Mario. Says total makeover coming.

There was a tease about a big capital project (pretty sure for football) getting announced soon.

And to answer everyone's question I am home waiting for a PCR test result to come back after being exposed lol.

Cool read, doesn’t change a word I said about laundering, restaurants and govt contracts? Two of the most defrauded business in the world… whatever I hope it’s legit and this stuff gets built and no I don’t really don’t care where the money comes from, I grew up in **** shelters with my broke single mom, I appreciate the guys hustle, but having a team of lawyers or speaking a good game doesn’t convince me of a thing. He’s a really smart guy, madoff was too, idiots don’t make billions, but I digress, let’s see how it plays out and hopefully we get that stadium.

Advertisement

FRM Guy (Malki or whatever): "This isn't Nevin Shapiro, this is a legitimate businessman choosing to devote him time and money to kids in the community, and at the school that they love that educated his entire family. People and fans need to be thanking them at every turn, this family could be out on their boats every day but they are doing a somewhat thankless job that invites criticism apparently." Also tells Ruiz to just keep doing these good things, being the good people they are, don't worry about outside people who complain. The football team loves the family. Talks about things the Ruiz family has done for some of his clients, just to be helpful without any tweets or anything is return, just supporting young athletes. Talks about Carol Soffer and how he thanks her for the IFP, and how important it was. Same for Lambert. How cal you hate on Ruiz, Soffer, Lambert? They are doing what no one has ever been willing to do? Fvck anyone who is upset about this. Ruiz is helping to make these kids better people. Buy Ruiz a drink if you see him! Leonard Taylor is using his money to help his mother.

Ruiz: It's all good. We get 100 people supporting this initiative for every twitter complainer. We get the promotion criticism. But we are doing it to get the word out to get others involved, to create enthusiasm for the U, the program, and NIL (subtext is that potential recruits realize there is financial support to be had if they come). Ruiz and his team reviews every contract for any issues, conflict of interest. One of his attorneys is devoted to this, Alexis Fernandez (think I saw a pic of her - if so, smokeshow) and was working on these deals till 2am last night and was back in office at 630am.

Way back before Covid Ruiz was mentoring 20-30 kids on business, life skills, presentation, helping isn't a new idea for them.NIL just created the opportunity for financial support. Been working with youth and elderly for a long while.

Ruiz whole family is passionate about this. Life Wallet is contracting to help people (talks about the wallet and how it conveys patient info instantly in the case of an emergency, etc. Docs don't have access to medical history unless they are already the patients doc). Life Wallet is using these athletes to promote the product and help study the data of athlete injuries. They are working with Hurricanes/Dolphins team doc who is a very innovative guy. You get your car checked out they plug into the computer and know everything. We don't have this for our bodies yet. Kids are not just going to get a check. We want to work with them, give them responsibilities, work for their money, learn finances, learn responsibility. More important than their money. They will help kids improve their social channels, and use them to promote LW. That's the job of it. Basically influencer stuff.

Holy crap, the Ruiz' are part owners investors in a TON of top Miami restaurants. Want to fold some stuff in, as well as potential partnerships with pro teams.

The family immediately donated $1M to the residents at the Surfside collapse when it happened. Born and raised in Miami, all UM graduates, all love Miami, this is their hometown, its where they focus is. They really want to build an entire community sports complex at Tropical Park to benefit the U, high schools, lower schools, the community...

People are too quick to react. CGHS idea was just one of many... they would love for students to be able to walk to the games... they wanted to improve CGHS by building a new one for them. But again CGHS was just one of many ideas. (seems clear they are more focused on TP).

TP is 270 acres, the vision has changed from stadium to something much bigger. Talking about improving helicopter access to Jackson Hospital, fiber optics, sports fields at high schools.. other stuff I can't keep up. Its not just about the U. Public schools have bad fields and gyms. Talking about building hospitals in the community.

(Gary talking about how people make judgments on how much $ the family has - I C U CIS. Talks about the Homestead deal, gary is explaining away how there are big boy conflicts at that level, "killer whales going at each others throats" etc. He's not wrong.)

Talks about Miami being the epicenter of tech now. Talks about Mario coming back to Miami being a game-changer. Gives all credit to the admin for getting Mario here. Says NIL doesn't matter unless you have a true leader and Mario is the man. The fans, the people, the energy around the U being back... that's what's driving this. The U logo is like the Dallas star. It's a BRAND. Everywhere. It matters. People want to be here. We just weren't drinking the bus the way we should have, but we are now.

Ruiz calls Dan a trendsetter, says he took the first step and influenced him to get this going too. Gives high praise and respect.

Lambert talks about how when he started this it was just to try to help... now he's in a dream with the way the school and guys like Ruiz stepped up... (mentions the new staff as a really exciting thing...sounds like he may know some things lol). Lambert says this is all a dream come true. School can only do so much - we need the community and Ruiz is a godsend. Lambert just wanted to give a little back to the kids who give so much to the fans by working their asses off. Nothing can bring the community together more than UM winning. He's taking to a lot of people about piggybacking his NIL program.

Talks about that other lawyer, how 30% of Ruiz cases are opposed by him in court. But when they talk about UM, it pulls them together. UM can bridge these gaps, mentioned politics and how much he hates them.

Ruiz talking about how NIL is constructed, pretty sure deliberately to make the ******** on CIS who are saying this is shady STFU. Takes us through NCAA regulations, legislature, courts. He went big lawyer on us. Breaks the rules and regs all down. Talks about NCAA and HS's and FHSAA and how they are being unconstitutional (my word). Talks about conflicts in the law, and how there are inequities.

Going in on Corben and those three, and how they don't have a team of 40 internal lawyers like they do, don't know the rules, don't go to the courts, and don't know crap. For people to come out who are ignorant to the judicial system should STFU.

Talking again how it's important to not negotiate with prospective recruits, even though other schools are doing it. They are VERY careful. He's about doing NIL in his community. Talks about how he tells his kids to do the right thing. Be above board. That's why they are confident with being transparent. They believe in the UNiversity's autonomy and have made non-earmarked donations. Also helping kids at barry, St Thomas, FIU, high schools, not just UM.

OMG.. Ruiz: who is the NCAA to be investigating all these teams? We're investigating them. Stop being scared of them. They have to abide by the same laws we do. Game on. We sue much bigger orgs than the NCAA and we beat them. Why? Because they're not doing the right thing. I've litigated against them and the FHSAA before. They are violating the rights of contract and will not withstand judicial scrutiny. I'm not the U. I'm not suing for the school. I am challenging on behalf of my clients (hs kids I guess). We are compliant with every NCAA rule. They know if they push it too far they will lose their authority.

Johnny: Its a shame that people who have love for the U are being negative, when they are ignorant and misinformed. They need to educate educate themselves about what is happening. Miami is going to be the Mecca of college sports. Also gives props for bringing in Rad and Mario. Says total makeover coming.

And to answer everyone's question I am home waiting for a PCR test result to come back after being exposed lol.

Awesome man thanks for writing all that… sounds great! Hope your PCR is negative!

and that is the end of @ehicks .

Well you can look up, he won the largest class action suite ever against Florida Power a month ago for $10 billion. What's the firm's take, 33%? I think he is already a billionaire, but the truth is, I have no idea. People attacking him as a fraud already, are negative people, jealous or have what they believe is a past memory or conflict with the man. If he has done something to you or negative to you, post it and move on. I am hoping for the best, until it is not. I will not be a negative Nancy. That looks like a agenda with defamation. I don't particularly agree with how he is promoting this or the stadium, but he doesn't need my permission to do anything.

Advertisement
Right, but how was it that this guy suddenly patented this revolutionary system 25 years into his law career?

It's not a "system". There have been "misbillings". He has (apparently) acquired $50 billion of such claims. Seemingly no info on how much it cost to acquire such claims.

Assuming success, his company would stand to make about $10 billion of that, and his law firm could collect $10 billion in fees.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how insurance and medical companies don't take action to improve software and processes to fix this glitch. Not sure how long his "revolutionary system" will last.

Sounds great though, and maybe it will work. Forever? Doesn't seem realistic, but who am I to tell a wealthy guy not to go for it?

There was a commercial years ago by a company called BASF. Their claim was "we make a lot of the products you buy better." Jobs, Musk, Do Kwon and now Ruiz follow this philosophy.
**** I can hear that commercial in my head right now

The dramatic pause before “better”

Good marketing for me to still remember it haha

Advertisement
Back