Huge NIL News

Something else that I don’t understand:

This guy is a career trial attorney - mind you a very good one - but a career trial attorney and then in his 50’s he suddenly develops a revolutionary healthcare program that’s going to give him a net worth of $30 billion?

How does that happen?
His net worth is speculative based on the worth of insurance claims. He has money, but he will never touch that net worth.

Advertisement
Dude. Just STFU. You're speculating, you're ignorant, and you sound like an *******. I get that it's hard once you've dug in, but take a god **** knee. Seriously. Go away, you may think you sound smart, but there is so much idiocy in what you are writing that you're embarrassing yourself.
No, I’m just questioning where the money comes from, others have done the same. I didn’t say it was bad, I didn’t say I have a problem with it, I simply asked where, not sure what’s getting you so upset, I usually agree with you too. It’s amazingly hypocritical the benefit of the doubt people are given when it’s good for our side, that’s a fact. If this was a fsu booster the commentary would be so much different, also a fact. I’m not a pure doom person when we’re ****ting the bed but I’m also not going to get all giddy because this looks promising, that’s all I’m saying.

I mean it’s my job to investigate it so yeah. I hope it’s on the up and up but when one single source starts moving large amounts of money into an LLC and then distributing it in amounts that don’t really line up with market value on a lot of these players that screams sketchy. Combine that with this huge influx of money the source is supposed to get but hasn’t, and the fact he’s advertising it… again I hope it’s legit but it’s not a great look.
Says yu! Thanks for your opinion.

Meanwhile cuckhold FSU can only watch as we stuff our studs pockets with Legit cash. **** one NIL 50k deal is worth more than the trailers they live in.

Right, ******* that broke *** school, they can't even afford to give their athletes pre-paid EBT cards with $50 on em'.

Advertisement
Scrutiny? Why?

Before all the "but everything is legal now, bro" bros get ahead of themselves, the NCAA still has a few relatively weak cards to play.

One involves the deals being struck for large groups of players, or the entire team, having nothing to do with the individual fair market value of each player.

People forget that the NCAA has had nearly a century of cases involving "boosters" and how our activity can be viewed as being "on behalf of" the school. Raise your hand if you've gotten "the booster letter" every year from UM. And no Supreme Court or Congress has struck those rules down.

I am not saying the NCAA will win or lose. I am not giving my own personal opinion on what is "right" or "wrong". There are legal and procedural steps that schools have (correctly) taken to try to limit the "directness" of their involvement with NIL deals. But the NCAA might still be able to voice an argument, on the same grounds that have existed for 100 years, that the actions of boosters can POSSIBLY be attributed to the schools.

Again, I'm not saying this is the case with all NIL deals, or even a majority of them. But I have literally heard of coaches asking Portal players (and some recruits) as to how much NIL money it is going to take. Yes, to sign them. And at SOME POINT (largely because a lot of people are moving so fast and carelessly), there will be some "test case" that the NCAA will use to try to re-flex its flabby muscles (which they are already trying to do with the UM and Texas NIL cases involving NIL deals for most/all of the team, not based on anyone's particular inherent NIL market value).

Look, if some dopey UiF employee can leave coaching salary info out on a printer, then SOMEONE is going to ***** up with one or more of these NIL deals (and I certainly hope it isn't Miami).

The next year or two is going to be fast-paced, insane, unpredictable, and ground-breaking.

And let's not forget unintended consequences. What happens the first time a professor tries to fail a $1M per year NIL student-athlete because he/she skipped classes all semester?

***** and fans. Gonna be a contact sport.

😂😂😂😂 look at you trying to make yourself look important listing your credentials after making a fool
of yourself here. Bye Bye asset manger /audit guy!

Enjoy the Shannon Era😂

P.S : And no one said all Millionaires are clean. You are the only one here assuming that I said that. It's your insistance that Ruiz must be dirty or how you called it "laundering 101" that is making you look like one of the dumbest asset managers/audit guy around.

No need to attack ehicks. He is just being honest, and there is nothing wrong with that. His opinions may be based on what he has observed over his career, and you may not have the same perspective. All of that is fair, and the source of some factual and perspective-based disagreement.

Advertisement
No, I’m just questioning where the money comes from, others have done the same. I didn’t say it was bad, I didn’t say I have a problem with it, I simply asked where, not sure what’s getting you so upset, I usually agree with you too. It’s amazingly hypocritical the benefit of the doubt people are given when it’s good for our side, that’s a fact. If this was a fsu booster the commentary would be so much different, also a fact. I’m not a pure doom person when we’re ****ting the bed but I’m also not going to get all giddy because this looks promising, that’s all I’m saying.

Because you are making up nonsense with zero evidence and zero reason to have suspicion. You are literally accusing him and his family of being criminals. No, you didn't just idiotically "question where the money is coming from" (who are you to, anyway?) you actually mentioned money laundering. Did you ever consider that this guy has owned a 300 person class action law firm for 30 years that has won over $20B in settlements? You're acting like he just got off a speed boat from Havana with a bag full of cash.

You're in finance? LOL. Then act like you've been around money. How much money do you think a guy who has been killing it with a giant, private class-action national law firm has made on his investments over the past 11 years or so since S&P 750? But yeah, it must be money from illegal gains. You really don't see why you look like a fool (or something worse) with an agenda here?

Then I mention that he has invested in some Miami restaurants (like every rich mother fvcker does) and you cry money laundering again. Jesus dude. Just stop. Really. Stop for a day and then come back with some perspective about what you've been posting.

Last edited:

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I find it very funny that Miami is spotlighted by this guy, but nothing about the crazy money given to OSU, Bama, and Texas A & M players.

Love Ruiz came on and got a industry renowned agent in drew rosenhouse to backup what he has set up for the hurricanes. For the first time since we got black balled by Nevin Shapiro I truly think this could bring Miami back to where we belong.

Has not stated what fair market value on nil deals are also.

But this is part of the problem, and 90% of the blame can be laid at the feet of the NCAA. They had a chance to create a system which could review Fair Market Value of NIL deals IN ADVANCE of approval (which is highly facts-and-circumstances based) and the NCAA did nothing.

Look, it's a big problem, but the tidal wave has hit so fast and so thoroughly that I'm not sure we can stuff the FMV genie back in the bottle. But the NCAA will probably try.

Emmert:
1642449166683.png

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I find it very funny that Miami is spotlighted by this guy, but nothing about the crazy money given to OSU, Bama, and Texas A & M players.

Love Ruiz came on and got a industry renowned agent in drew rosenhouse to backup what he has set up for the hurricanes. For the first time since we got black balled by Nevin Shapiro I truly think this could bring Miami back to where we belong.

Because we're Miami. Expect more. They love to hate us. And while they are doing that, Texas A&M is doling out $30M. Let them come for us. We will feed off their hate.

Advertisement
Because we're Miami. Expect more. They love to hate us. And while they are doing that, Texas A&M is doling out $30M. Let them come for us. We will feed off their hate.
Ruiz kept repeating we are doing everything legally. Media speculation in this day and age has way too much power. Ruiz was saying today REAL truth comes out in the court of law(if it ever got to that point), but it sounds like he has all his T’s crossed and I’s dotted. Gotta love having someone who knows the law and willing to fight the opinion of the less knowledgeable orchestrating this for us.

Something else that I don’t understand:

This guy is a career trial attorney - mind you a very good one - but a career trial attorney and then in his 50’s he suddenly develops a revolutionary healthcare program that’s going to give him a net worth of $30 billion?

How does that happen?
I'm just speculating but he's probably just the money man. I know a former CEO of Benjamin Moore who got involved with a medical office software startup. He was in his late 60's at the time. He wasn't the idea guy or doing any coding, but was there for his deep pockets and business acumen. It might be the same situation here.

Side-note: like most tech startups it failed, so it's impressive that Ruiz's operation has been so successful.

Advertisement
No need to attack ehicks. He is just being honest, and there is nothing wrong with that. His opinions may be based on what he has observed over his career, and you may not have the same perspective. All of that is fair, and the source of some factual and perspective-based disagreement.
The guy came in and posted "laundering 101" without any zero evidence of the fact. Then he started moving the goalposts because some millionaires and billionaires do so.

I have heard Ruiz and in the conversation posted above you can CLEARLY see that The Ruiz situation is very different from Shapiro. He does not operate in the shadows and even is willing to work with people who are critiquing him.

Most importantly his NIL deals are not going to prospective recruits but current players at different proce points. He is looking at each deal with a team of lawyers AND then UM is looking at it with their team so that there isn't any conflict of interest.

On that basis alone this is miles from
shady Shapiro. I find it hard to think that Radakovich and Mario would destroy their reputations and careers by allowing a scam artist to take advantage of them.

Ehicks went in too deep and because he worked as an asset manager, audit guy yada yada yada his ego got in the way after he provided zero evidence and after evidence was presented that the process was completely different that what happened with Shapiro.

Lastly, if ANYONE has any concerns, John Ruiz is willing to work with you. He legit posted his number on twitter and anyone can text him and he will answer back. He is also on Twitter spaces weekly. Anyone has a critique about transparency you can ask him for yourself. Again he is even willing to work with Billy Corben, and extended an invite after Corben went on a rant because he doesnt like billionaires.

This to me is the opposite of what a scam artist does, and as long as UM continues doing their due diligence on their side we should be okay.

If anyone has any questions, text the man instead of making baseless accusations based on conjectures that continue to be disproven as more info comes out.

Last edited:

there in is my issue, i'm incredibly thankful to the ruiz family .... it's just the blount openness of it ... other schools aren't doing it in that fashion which makes alot of us nervous ... that being said, we started a trend w/the TO chain, i got a feeling this is gonna be the next trend everyone eats up

The guy came in and posted "laundering 101" without any zero evidence of the fact. Then he started moving the goalposts because some millionaires and billionaires do so.

I have heard Ruiz and in the conversation posted above you can CLEARLY see that The Ruiz situation is very different from Shapiro. He does not operate in the shadows and even is willing to work with people who are critiquing him.

Most importantly his NIL deals are not going to prospective recruits but current players at different proce points. He is looking at each deal with a team of lawyers AND then UM is looking at it with their team so that there isn't any conflict of interest.

On that basis alone this is miles from
shady Shapiro. I find it hard to think that Radakovich and Mario would destroy their reputations and careers by allowing a scam artist to take advantage of them.

Ehicks went in too deep and because he worked as an asset manager, audit guy yada yada yada his ego got in the way after he provided zero evidence and after evidence was presented that the process was completely different that what happened with Shapiro.

Lastly, if ANYONE has any concerns, John Ruiz is willing to work with you. He legit posted his number on twitter and anyone can text him and he will answer back. He is also on Twitter spaces weekly. Anyone has a critique about transparency you can ask him for yourself. Again he is even willing to work with Billy Corben, and extended an invite after Corben went on a rant because he doesnt like billionaires.

This to me is the opposite of what a scam artist does, and as ling as UM continues doing their due diligence on their side we should be okay.

If anyone has any questions, text the man instead of making baseless accusations based on conjectures that continue to be disproven as more info comes out.

Look, admittedly, ehicks came out of the box hot with his Heisenberg/laundering comment, which was more of a one-liner joking comment rather than a measured and factual analysis.

Since that time, he has engaged in conversation with you and others that put more thought and analysis into the overall discussion.

I think we all need to take a breath and just acknowledge a few things. First, nobody disputes how the Ruiz family has made most of its CURRENT net worth. Legal cases. Nothing shocking or shady there.

Second, there may be some disagreement or question as to the proposed new business and its ultimate valuation. Completely fair, but not really the focus of the NIL discussion.

Third, there is the issue of the NIL activity, in and of itself. There are just a couple of odd items, which may have reasonable explanations. First, the kinds of businesses we EXPECTED would be involved with NIL deals (i.e, car dealerships, local restaurants/bars) are not what we are seeing with Life Wallet. So it can seem a bit different, and worthy of some questions. Second, the issues that ehicks has raised (related to the flow of money) are certainly relevant not only to this deal, but to any deals in any college-towns that involve large sums of money being pumped into pass-through entities and then flowing back out again with "less-than-publicly-traded-company" type scrutiny.

Fourth, let's not forget that we are Miami. There will be scrutiny, whether it comes from the NCAA, the rival fans, bitter sports journalists with nothing better to do, etc. We just have to be prepared. Questions are valid, coming up with great responses is even more helpful.

I can agree that ehicks' first post went too far, but I think that since that time, he has advanced the debate with legitimate points.

I support the Ruiz family and all they are trying to do for UM.

That is all.

Advertisement
Back