Huge NIL News

Advertisement
Look, admittedly, ehicks came out of the box hot with his Heisenberg/laundering comment, which was more of a one-liner joking comment rather than a measured and factual analysis.

Since that time, he has engaged in conversation with you and others that put more thought and analysis into the overall discussion.

I think we all need to take a breath and just acknowledge a few things. First, nobody disputes how the Ruiz family has made most of its CURRENT net worth. Legal cases. Nothing shocking or shady there.

Second, there may be some disagreement or question as to the proposed new business and its ultimate valuation. Completely fair, but not really the focus of the NIL discussion.

Third, there is the issue of the NIL activity, in and of itself. There are just a couple of odd items, which may have reasonable explanations. First, the kinds of businesses we EXPECTED would be involved with NIL deals (i.e, car dealerships, local restaurants/bars) are not what we are seeing with Life Wallet. So it can seem a bit different, and worthy of some questions. Second, the issues that ehicks has raised (related to the flow of money) are certainly relevant not only to this deal, but to any deals in any college-towns that involve large sums of money being pumped into pass-through entities and then flowing back out again with "less-than-publicly-traded-company" type scrutiny.

Fourth, let's not forget that we are Miami. There will be scrutiny, whether it comes from the NCAA, the rival fans, bitter sports journalists with nothing better to do, etc. We just have to be prepared. Questions are valid, coming up with great responses is even more helpful.

I can agree that ehicks' first post went too far, but I think that since that time, he has advanced the debate with legitimate points.

I support the Ruiz family and all they are trying to do for UM.

That is all.
That is fair.

And with ehicks it seems he never made that distinction. I agree that NIL can be future trouble especially when you are paying recruits $1million ( see Texas A&M, Bama with Young and OSU with Ewers, Texas etc).

I can agree with that 100% , I just don't see that as the same thing Ruiz is doing and I think he kept doubling down and the point he really wanted to make was lost in translation.

Rovell is a giant ******. He was against sports coming back for the longest time and hides in his basement double masked.

He should be called out and cancelled for being racist in trying to call out UM and Ruiz and not the good old boys at the SEC schools. Where is Uncle Luke when you need him?

That is fair.

And with ehicks it seems he never made that distinction. I agree that NIL can be future trouble especially when you are paying recruits $1million ( see Texas A&M, Bama with Young and OSU with Ewers, Texas etc).

I can agree with that 100% , I just don't see that as the same thing Ruiz is doing and I think he kept doubling down and the point he really wanted to make was lost in translation.

I can agree with all of that. I just didn't think that attacks on his professional credentials were necessary.

If you met someone who investigated sexual assault for his/her job, that person might have certain strong experience-based opinions that not everyone would conceivably agree with.

That is all.

Advertisement
Rovell just deleted this one

56701374-5EF7-45DA-B6FF-76DA52C731CF.jpeg

Advertisement
Well duh.

While athletes are notorious for spending everything they make, there's still a maturity gap between a college aged young man and post graduate.

A lot of these guys have never had money, so maybe it'll help them realize how fast it goes. It's kind of nice they'll be getting it monthly so that they don't blow it all at once or early.
Yes. Duh.

Advertisement
Did Avantae Williams get a deal?

Like the community building and business etiquette Ruiz is associating with the NIL deal and hope Avantae gets help providing for his family.
This **** gotta stop. Just let it happen organically. MFs on twitter beggin Ruiz to offer every **** one a deal. People just gotta chill. Way too many people desperate on twitter

Advertisement
Wait a second. Ruiz claiming no athlete scholarship for HS? How do all the parents pay for IMG etc??

Advertisement
Back