HS Coach on covid.

Advertisement
Look, we all want football, but let's not act like this is some moral high ground this guy is taking. He has a financial interest in high school football being played. His need to feed his family and pay his bills supercede that of the health and well being of a kid that he coaches.

Society would be better off if we are honest about what our motivation's are. The SEC and ACC understand that these schools need the revenue, and they have stated they will.move forward. They have the same information that the Pac 12 and Big 10 have, they just don't care.

Looking at this from a parents perspective I believe that we probably shouldn't be playing football this year. As a Cane fan, I want football played this year.

I'm just honest about where I stand

This guy gives no **** about the kids or families. If he did he wouldn't risk anything at all. He wants the season to go down for his own selfish reasons.

Edit because you guys are a bunch of Sally's when no one agrees with you.

I want them to play too, what I'm not gonna do is put up a front like this coach and his true feelings and reasons why.

Last edited:
san francisco lol GIF

Advertisement
Look, we all want football, but let's not act like this is some moral high ground this guy is taking. He has a financial interest in high school football being played. His need to feed his family and pay his bills supercede that of the health and well being of a kid that he coaches.

Society would be better off if we are honest about what our motivation's are. The SEC and ACC understand that these schools need the revenue, and they have stated they will.move forward. They have the same information that the Pac 12 and Big 10 have, they just don't care.

Looking at this from a parents perspective I believe that we probably shouldn't be playing football this year. As a Cane fan, I want football played this year.

LOL, as public school employee, he is getting paid whether he sits on the sofa or the sidelines. And as a parent, I am not scared one bit about this covid drama. My kids are all back playing sports. People are working at Costco, at my doctors office, etc. People are eating at restaurants, you can go to Nordstrom. Life can still be lived outside of your basement. We went from flattening the curve to acting like this is mustard gas floating about the air and now need a vaccine or an election result to live life. These kids are going to get Covid from a house party instead of football practice. A college football situation is much safer than in the hood. I have had it up to hear with the over the top drama with this crap.

Who says the schools can’t set forth protocol and mitigation to keep these kids safe. These schools are prepared to spend a boat load of money on doing just that.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see more positive cases coming from the PAC and BIG now that those players are devastated and less likely to follow the rules.

Who says the schools can’t set forth protocol and mitigation to keep these kids safe. These schools are prepared to spend a boat load of money on doing just that.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see more positive cases coming from the PAC and BIG now that those players are devastated and less likely to follow the rules.
High schools are certainly not prepared or equipped to cover cost.

Advertisement

Do you think that not playing football will assure that the football players won't catch COVID? I don't.

It's not as simple as "don't play football, and the kids will be safe." If they don't play football, and still carry on like most kids their age do, then they'll probably be even more likely to catch it than they would be if in the structure of the team.

Just for some context- this dude is actually a politician and a minister that is also an assistant on the staff of a high school team in Bumfuk, PA. He's also a homeschooled weirdo that preaches against the evils of marijuana.

Just important to know the actual backgrounds/possible motivations of people even if they're saying something in the moment that you agree with. This isn't just some "Aw shucks" head football coach speaking truth to power. There are clear political aspirations at play with this dude in a state where you can absolutely make a name for yourself by going after the governor.

Advertisement
Just for some context- this dude is actually a politician and a minister that is also an assistant on the staff of a high school team in Bumfuk, PA. He's also a homeschooled weirdo that preaches against the evils of marijuana.

Just important to know the actual backgrounds/possible motivations of people even if they're saying something in the moment that you agree with. This isn't just some "Aw shucks" head football coach speaking truth to power. There are clear political aspirations at play with this dude in a state where you can absolutely make a name for yourself by going after the governor.
I didn't even listen to him because I don't need to hear what anyone else says to come to the conclusion that not playing football doesn't necessarily make football players resistant to COVID. I'm not surprised the guy's a kook though, as most people are.

Advertisement
I didn't even listen to him because I don't need to hear what anyone else says to come to the conclusion that not playing football doesn't necessarily make football players resistant to COVID. I'm not surprised the guy's a kook though, as most people are.
I guess I didn't get the memo that you stopped reinforcing your own conclusions based upon video clips of Central Pennsylvania state reps/ assistant high school football coaches with music degrees from Frostburg State.

Duly noted. I'll stop sending over the musings of the special teams coach from that middle school in Harrisburg. He does make some interesting points about the future of our foreign policy in Southeast Asia though.

LOL, as public school employee, he is getting paid whether he sits on the sofa or the sidelines. And as a parent, I am not scared one bit about this covid drama. My kids are all back playing sports. People are working at Costco, at my doctors office, etc. People are eating at restaurants, you can go to Nordstrom. Life can still be lived outside of your basement. We went from flattening the curve to acting like this is mustard gas floating about the air and now need a vaccine or an election result to live life. These kids are going to get Covid from a house party instead of football practice. A college football situation is much safer than in the hood. I have had it up to hear with the over the top drama with this crap.
Exactly. Here in Virginia a high school teacher gets an additional stipend to coach, but it isn't anywhere close to the time they put in. A couple of states like Texas are crazy what they paid their head coaches but that is the exception to the rule.

Bottomline, these guys love the game and love being around the kids. And this guy is spot on.

Advertisement
Back