HS Coach on covid.

Advertisement
Look, we all want football, but let's not act like this is some moral high ground this guy is taking. He has a financial interest in high school football being played. His need to feed his family and pay his bills supercede that of the health and well being of a kid that he coaches.

Society would be better off if we are honest about what our motivation's are. The SEC and ACC understand that these schools need the revenue, and they have stated they will.move forward. They have the same information that the Pac 12 and Big 10 have, they just don't care.

Looking at this from a parents perspective I believe that we probably shouldn't be playing football this year. As a Cane fan, I want football played this year.

I'm just honest about where I stand

COVID IS NOT A FOOTBALL DISEASE, you have just as much chance of getting it pushing a cart at Publix standing next to someone infected for 30 second to a minute.

In football at some positions you maybe close for 5-10 seconds which throughout a game is not a crazy amount of time.

I spent 1 hour at IKEA with nobody social distancing, and that is more time around people than most these football players will have to be around other non teammates per game.

Just because tackling someone who has layers of padding and gloves and other forms of clothing is physical doesn’t mean it’s any worse than someone at Subway being to close and rubbing shoulders as they pass by.

FOOTBALL DOES NOT CAUSE COVID OR And doesn’t CAUSE Some crazy Spreading anymore so than being in public places;shopping, eating or hanging out.

It's the same reason I don't believe in ghosts. I like things that can be proven with science.
So you believe in a closed natural system (i.e. the universe is all there is)? And if so, is it science that tells you this?

So you believe in a closed natural system (i.e. the universe is all there is)? And if so, is it science that tells you this?
I respect whatever you believe, but I'm not here to argue about ghosts and systems theory even though i got a little side tracked in this thread, my fault.

Advertisement
I respect whatever you believe, but I'm not here to argue about ghosts and systems theory even though i got a little side tracked in this thread, my fault.
No, that's fine. I would have just gently led you to acknowledge that not everything you believe is based on science.

Advertisement
Back