HS Coach on covid.

Advertisement
Living in Kansas City, I learned all about Drizzle.
Really? Is that because he did a lot shows there or because of the beef? Was he popular there? Honestly, I don't know much about the Oakland v Kansas City beef. I just know he was murdered there

Advertisement
Prove it....
My mother is an assistant principal at a local school. They were denied the extra cleaning supplies they asked for, and are only giving kids 10 masks for the entire school year. You honestly think Florida schools have everything they need?

Look, we all want football, but let's not act like this is some moral high ground this guy is taking. He has a financial interest in high school football being played. His need to feed his family and pay his bills supercede that of the health and well being of a kid that he coaches.

Society would be better off if we are honest about what our motivation's are. The SEC and ACC understand that these schools need the revenue, and they have stated they will.move forward. They have the same information that the Pac 12 and Big 10 have, they just don't care.

Looking at this from a parents perspective I believe that we probably shouldn't be playing football this year. As a Cane fan, I want football played this year.

I'm just honest about where I stand
My guy would make way more off unemployment than being a Pennsylvania high school football coach. You’re such an idiot it blows my mind.

My mother is an assistant principal at a local school. They were denied the extra cleaning supplies they asked for, and are only giving kids 10 masks for the entire school year. You honestly think Florida schools have everything they need?
Hearsay is not proof. And you going to tell me they don't value their jobs? Ninja please. Not sending proper supplies this day and age would be career suicide. You have an agenda just like the guy you're capping for....

Advertisement
I used the same mask for 4 months now. It's cloth so it's washable. It's gets me in and out of Home Depot with no questions.

My daughter's a ICU nurse treating covid patients. She said unless it's N95, it doesn't make a difference what the general public uses.

Hearsay is not proof. And you going to tell me they don't value their jobs? Ninja please. Not sending proper supplies this day and age would be career suicide. You have an agenda just like the guy you're caping for...
I just want schools to open safely so people like my mother, and step mother, who both work in public schools don't get sick and die. And don't say its completely safe because I've already had a person in my life die of Covid. Not trying to see another.

So I guess you're right, my agenda is wanting to see my parents live the rest of their lives.

Tread carefully putting those disparities under a spotlight.
Believe me, I get it. I know that some districts are underfunded. I'm not making value judgement. I'm just making a factual statement that some districts are better prepared than others.

All positives should be quarantined in Gainesville city limits until 7 negative tests.

Advertisement
I just want schools to open safely so people like my mother, and step mother, who both work in public schools don't get sick and die. And don't say its completely safe because I've already had a person in my life die of Covid. Not trying to see another.

So I guess you're right, my agenda is wanting to see my parents live the rest of their lives.
That's all fine and dandy. My wife, sister, and niece are all teachers in Miami and my old man has been 6 weeks with covid in mt. Sinai. 2 weeks and currently on a ventilator. Save me the pitty party...

That's all fine and dandy. My wife, sister, and niece are all teachers in Miami and my old man has been 6 weeks with covid in mt. Sinai. 2 weeks and currently on a ventilator. Save me the pitty party...
Lmao and you want to send them back?? My buddies dad died yesterday of Covid and yours is on a ventilator, but yeah its all good send them back to work. Nah, I prefer my parents not in the hospital on a ventilator but I guess we are just different.

@iCaneOX Maybe your mother should ask her purchasing manager to procure masks that through the school year. Reusable cloth masks are adequate for most people. The main thing is that they get kids to wear them.

N95 masks are important for individuals that have close contact with active covid cases such as nurses in an ICU ward such as my daughter At Stanford Medical Center, where she works, she's been trained by some of the best doctors available.

Advertisement
Do you think that not playing football will assure that the football players won't catch COVID? I don't.

It's not as simple as "don't play football, and the kids will be safe." If they don't play football, and still carry on like most kids their age do, then they'll probably be even more likely to catch it than they would be if in the structure of the team.
I agree that they will catch it, regardless of them playing or not playing.

I just don't like all this moralizing, especially when there are clear financial interests in playing.

Lmao and you want to send them back?? My buddies dad died yesterday of Covid and yours is on a ventilator, but yeah its all good send them back to work. Nah, I prefer my parents not in the hospital on a ventilator but I guess we are just different.
News flash. You're not saving them from anything. When the angel of death comes calling its over buddy. So LMAO...

One flaw to his argument is that the personal injury of playing football is limited to those who are on the field.

The risk of spreading COVID extends well beyond the players on the field.
As it does away from the field which is where everyone is catching it.

You can. That was not my point or his.

I believe he is saying "if the governor can not wear a mask because he chooses not to because he believes his cause outweighs the safety of himself and others then why can't parents and kids choose to play a sport once they have weighed the risk and done everything right?"

That argument makes no sense, but I can see where it would resonate in our sound byte culture.

Advertisement
Back