HS Coach on covid.

Just for some context- this dude is actually a politician and a minister that is also an assistant on the staff of a high school team in Bumfuk, PA. He's also a homeschooled weirdo that preaches against the evils of marijuana.

Just important to know the actual backgrounds/possible motivations of people even if they're saying something in the moment that you agree with. This isn't just some "Aw shucks" head football coach speaking truth to power. There are clear political aspirations at play with this dude in a state where you can absolutely make a name for yourself by going after the governor.
thank you for the context

Advertisement
Did the governor really say that they didn't follow covid guidelines during a protest because it was a good cause. Wow, lost all credibility right there, how are they still in office? Embarassing
Yeah that's a big part of the problem.... Hypocrisy! Governor's and mayor's and others in power across the country turn a blind eye to BLM and Antifa protests where thousands gather in tight spaces with no social distancing and very few masks, but heavens to Betsy we can't allow 22 people to compete on a football field 100 yards long by 50 yards wide, it reeks of elitism... "I'll tell you when and where you can assemble and you'll do what you're told". ***** them this virus has been blown completely out of proportion by power hungry politicians and spineless snowflakes. "PLAY BALL"!!!!

Advertisement
tbh, I would think that schools have a better stronghold on social distancing than regular society around adults....
LOL...

1597264147237.png

Advertisement
The most important thing he said was the governor didn't wear a mask to a protest because he felt the cause outweighed the risk. The coach is exactly right, you can't have it both ways.

Advertisement
Why can't you wear a mask and still go to a protest?

You can. That was not my point or his.

I believe he is saying "if the governor can not wear a mask because he chooses not to because he believes his cause outweighs the safety of himself and others then why can't parents and kids choose to play a sport once they have weighed the risk and done everything right?"

You can. That was not my point or his.

I believe he is saying "if the governor can not wear a mask because he chooses not to because he believes his cause outweighs the safety of himself and others then why can't parents and kids choose to play a sport once they have weighed the risk and done everything right?"
So following that thinking a bit further… if the Governor is an idiot for choosing that risk, than the parents who choose to take the risk for their children are …

Advertisement
Do you think that not playing football will assure that the football players won't catch COVID? I don't.

It's not as simple as "don't play football, and the kids will be safe." If they don't play football, and still carry on like most kids their age do, then they'll probably be even more likely to catch it than they would be if in the structure of the team.
In Florida, 82,000 15-24 year olds have gotten covid, none of them by playing organized football, so I largely agree.

But this guy seems to be a bit cavalier. It has and will kill some people in this age group.

Exactly. Here in Virginia a high school teacher gets an additional stipend to coach, but it isn't anywhere close to the time they put in. A couple of states like Texas are crazy what they paid their head coaches but that is the exception to the rule.

Bottomline, these guys love the game and love being around the kids. And this guy is spot on.
You didn't hear? If he doesnt follow the talking points he's a politically agended kook... lol

Advertisement
Back