HS Coach on covid.

@iCaneOX Maybe your mother should ask her purchasing manager to procure masks that through the school year. Reusable cloth masks are adequate for most people. The main thing is that they get kids to wear them.

N95 masks are important for individuals that have close contact with active covid cases such as nurses in an ICU ward such as my daughter At Stanford Medical Center, where she works, she's been trained by some of the best doctors available.
They asked for more masks and the county denied them. And I believe I had the number wrong its actually 14 masks for a total of 170 school days. So 1 mask for every 3 weeks of school. Hopefully they actually get decent masks that last but I would bet they'll be cheap disposable ones since so many kids will lose theirs.

Advertisement
In Florida, 82,000 15-24 year olds have gotten covid, none of them by playing organized football, so I largely agree.

But this guy seems to be a bit cavalier. It has and will kill some people in this age group.

It probably will kill a few people in that age group, but I’ve yet to see the proof of any increased danger of catching it from playing sports versus doing what 15-24 year olds would be doing if they weren’t playing sports. And that’s really the only thing that should be discussed on this cancel football topic.

Angels aren't real. Stick to science and facts, sir. That ventilator that your father is on has nothing do with an angel.
You can't prove that. So keep blowing wind and hiding from reality. Because somethings gonna kill them so continue playing semantics with death..

You can't prove that. So keep blowing wind and hiding from reality. Because somethings gonna kill them so continue playing semantics with death..
The guy who thinks it doesn't matter what you do in life because an angel of death is after you at all times is telling me to quit hiding from reality?? Hilarious.

You believe in big foot? lochness monster? the wicked witch of the west? Because you can't prove they're not real either lmao

Advertisement
The guy who thinks it doesn't matter what you do in life because an angel of death is after you at all times is telling me to quit hiding from reality?? Hilarious.

You believe in big foot? lochness monster? the wicked witch of the west? Because you can't prove they're not real either lmao
Keep mincing words brother. Its not a middle school debate. Cute comebacks to block the topic. Death angel or no angel. Death is chasing every being the day you take your first breath. So keep hiding. You must've failed biology. Bwahaha Bwahahaha...

92.5% of these kids have 40 games for the rest of their lives. 48 minutes to play a lifetime to remember. Let the kids play ball.

Look, we all want football, but let's not act like this is some moral high ground this guy is taking. He has a financial interest in high school football being played. His need to feed his family and pay his bills supercede that of the health and well being of a kid that he coaches.

Society would be better off if we are honest about what our motivation's are. The SEC and ACC understand that these schools need the revenue, and they have stated they will.move forward. They have the same information that the Pac 12 and Big 10 have, they just don't care.

Looking at this from a parents perspective I believe that we probably shouldn't be playing football this year. As a Cane fan, I want football played this year.

I'm just honest about where I stand
If you think that this will all disappear in the next year your crazy. It will look the exact same next year at this time. Are we going to cancel sports another year too? Think about how many high school players aren’t going to get to go to college because they won’t have a senior season. All because of a bug that more than likely they wouldn’t even know they had.

Keep mincing words brother. Its not a middle school debate. Cute comebacks to block the topic. Death angel or no angel. Death is chasing every being the day you take your first breath. So keep hiding. You must've failed biology. Bwahaha Bwahahaha...
Lol science is my career field brother. Go back to your angels and demons, its easier to understand.

Advertisement
Lol science is my career field brother. Go back to your angels and demons, its easier to understand.
Yeah science is your career and you don't understand death? Bro please the mire you type the more you out yourself. Keep harping on angels and demons it's just hilarious..
Lol lmao and whatever corny internet talk science aficionados use.

Since we are never going to get rid of covid i say all the mask wearers and pansies should stay locked down the rest of their pathetic lives.

The rest of us will gladly move on with ours.

Look, we all want football, but let's not act like this is some moral high ground this guy is taking. He has a financial interest in high school football being played. His need to feed his family and pay his bills supercede that of the health and well being of a kid that he coaches.

Society would be better off if we are honest about what our motivation's are. The SEC and ACC understand that these schools need the revenue, and they have stated they will.move forward. They have the same information that the Pac 12 and Big 10 have, they just don't care.

Looking at this from a parents perspective I believe that we probably shouldn't be playing football this year. As a Cane fan, I want football played this year.

I'm just honest about where I stand

He is right to point out the hypocrisy regarding how those in power are calling the shots and telling folks which activities are worth the risk and which aren't. Some politicians are fine letting people have mass protests but ban small gathering in churches.

If you feel that way as a parent, that's cool. No one is forcing you or your kid to participate in football. But don't decide for the rest of us what we should or should not do.

Most kids want to play and coaches want to coach. The ones that don't can opt out.

Advertisement
They asked for more masks and the county denied them. And I believe I had the number wrong its actually 14 masks for a total of 170 school days. So 1 mask for every 3 weeks of school. Hopefully they actually get decent masks that last but I would bet they'll be cheap disposable ones since so many kids will lose theirs.
I hear you.

Advertisement

So if you think angels aren't real how does science show you that? If you think nature is a closed system as opposed to an open system, that is a statement of faith not science.

Those that believe it's an open system can be a little more open minded about the supernatural.

So if you think angels aren't real how does science show you that? If you think nature is a closed system as opposed to an open system, that is a statement of faith not science.

Those that believe it's an open system can be a little more open minded about the supernatural.
It's the same reason I don't believe in ghosts. I like things that can be proven with science.

It probably will kill a few people in that age group, but I’ve yet to see the proof of any increased danger of catching it from playing sports versus doing what 15-24 year olds would be doing if they weren’t playing sports. And that’s really the only thing that should be discussed on this cancel football topic.
And the ones who don't want to play can...
...drumroll...

...not play.

Advertisement
Back