How much longer do you give Golden?

Advertisement
Petrino hasn't done much besides fielding above average teams with above average offenses.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but that's pretty much all it takes to beat Miami these days. In fact you don't even need an above average offense to score points when you're going against a below mediocre defense.

If we haven't won the acc and a major bowl by the end of the 2015 season then we need a change.. But I'm still supporting Golden.

lol at those that want turnover. If you can't see the progress of recruiting in the new position coach hires and the fast start to the 2016 class, you just don't get it. CONTINUITY in the head coach is as valuable as anything else on its own in this state.
JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher.
Locking this down doesn't happen by accident. He's here until he wants to leave.
35.jpg

Last edited:
lol at those that want turnover. If you can't see the progress of recruiting in the new coach hires and the fast start to the 2016 class, you just don't get it. CONTINUITY is as valuable as anything else on its own. JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher. Locking this down doesn't happen by accident.
35.jpg

So he gets until 2018 or 2019 because the '16 class won't be upperclassmen until then?

Advertisement
lol at those that want turnover. If you can't see the progress of recruiting in the new position coach hires and the fast start to the 2016 class, you just don't get it. CONTINUITY in the head coach is as valuable as anything else on its own in this state.
JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher.
Locking this down doesn't happen by accident. He's here until he wants to leave.

35.jpg

So he gets until 2018 or 2019 because the '16 class won't be upperclassmen until then?

so what is your plan? hire a Shannon again? He is under contract and they are not going to buy him out. Talent wins. **** Larry had the best winning percentage of any coach EVER after his first three years. lol wondering who on this board thought he was a good coach?

Last edited:
JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher.
35.jpg
Well done and I agree

Do you realize that by using your own criteria of "good recruiting classes and continuity" to justify keeping a HC who produces subpar results, Randy Shannon would still be at UM? You're putting the 2016 class on a pedestal like you have any idea how it will turn out. Have you forgotten the '08 trainwreck already? Or let me guess, Shannon isn't the coach that Golden is right? But talent wins right? So...all Miami needs to do is assemble a once in a lifetime amount of NFL ready talent like Davis did for Coker and Al Golden will be successful? Yeah, maybe we shouldn't put all our eggs into the outlier of all outlier scenarios.

Golden will be here at least 3 more years. Regardless how anyone here feels this administration loves him and will give him every chance in the world.

Kind of an unnecessary bump, but I'm telling you that your post is not true. They gave Shannon 4 and Coker 6. Golden will not be forwarded more than that and the administration lost its goodwill for him in December. If he fails this year, he is likely gone. Attendance would dictate it.

Coker got 6 with two being NC games. Randy got 4 and I think that is more like Al's life expectancy. He wins big this year or I think it will be very hard to keep him. The ncaa problem will be quickly forgotten by administration--after-all they caused it so why not forget it. Right now I am drinking some kool-aide and think we might do well. With Duke we are better team. Plus, any of these QBs will be better than a crippled Morris last year. A ton a talent has been added to defense. That said, results on the field have to LOOK better and be better.

Advertisement
The season hasn't even started and we are already bashing coaches and predicting they're departure. Not to mention always talking about Petrino and Leach, who in my opinion, may know some X's and O's, but are terrible representatives of their schools and football programs. We need to at least give Golden a fair assessment AFTER this season before we start making judgements.

JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher.

35.jpg

so what is your plan? hire a Shannon again? He is under contract and they are not going to buy him out. Talent wins. **** Larry had the best winning percentage of any coach EVER after his first three years. lol wondering who on this board thought he was a good coach?

Yes, those are the only options. Get rid of Golden and hire a Randy Shannon.

JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher.

35.jpg

The same thing was said about Coker and Shannon. Don't think for a minute that Golden is untouchable. Until the class is actually signed and planting their asses in class and at greentree it means exactly squat. Until we actually start winning on the field he will continue to close as he did last year. Kids want to play for a winner for the most part.

Advertisement
JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher.

35.jpg

The same thing was said about Coker and Shannon. Don't think for a minute that Golden is untouchable. Until the class is actually signed and planting their asses in class and at greentree it means exactly squat. Until we actually start winning on the field he will continue to close as he did last year. Kids want to play for a winner for the most part.

Yep. We've bought out and fired our last two coaches. One of them was a national championship winner. The other was a local kid who played and coached for the program. Golden doesn't have anymore clout than either of them did.

I don't give Golden any time. If I had my choice, he'd have been fired after the VT game last year. I think there are actually some reasons to be excited about some of the players on the roster, and with a good coach I think we could go 10-2 if the coach did a really, really good coaching job. Unfortunately, we've got awful coaching so I see another 5-6 loss season. I see another team that can't put it together, chokes when they have an opportunity to win the coastal, and undoubtedly struggles against much lesser teams.

Smokey has been saying the same **** for years now. Lol. We always seem to atleast exceed his expectations. He says 7-5, so we're looking at atleast 9-3

Advertisement
Golden will be here at least 3 more years. Regardless how anyone here feels this administration loves him and will give him every chance in the world.

Kind of an unnecessary bump, but I'm telling you that your post is not true. They gave Shannon 4 and Coker 6. Golden will not be forwarded more than that and the administration lost its goodwill for him in December. If he fails this year, he is likely gone. Attendance would dictate it.

Coker got 6 with two being NC games. Randy got 4 and I think that is more like Al's life expectancy. He wins big this year or I think it will be very hard to keep him. The ncaa problem will be quickly forgotten by administration--after-all they caused it so why not forget it. Right now I am drinking some kool-aide and think we might do well. With Duke we are better team. Plus, any of these QBs will be better than a crippled Morris last year. A ton a talent has been added to defense. That said, results on the field have to LOOK better and be better.

That is exactly my point. All the people saying that he will get at least 3 more years regardless of win totals are being idiotic. Coker had built up a lot more positive capital than Golden did and that bought him two more years. I can tell you for a fact that Golden's bridge with the administration is thoroughly burned. If, and I say if because I have no idea what direction the season will take, he bombs this year he will be fired.

And to be specific, 7-5 with blowouts and sub-40,000 attendance is what will earn the firing.

JUST ASK Dumbo Fisher.
35.jpg

You're assuming all this stuff over the potential 2016 class?

Well crap, why don't you look into that crystal ball and share with us the results we'll have this year. And why didn't you give us a head's up that we were going to get our **** packed by UL in the bowl game?

I would suggest you are grasping. This first game will be a real good indicator of what to expect for the rest of the year. Won't be long.

Golden is one of Shalala's least favorite employees thanks to the PSU fiasco. He embarrassed the school, he embarrassed the team, he embarrassed himself, and he embarrassed Shalala when she was compelled to state publicly that she couldn't get in touch with him.

LOL @ this thread.

Everyone listen up and pay attention. Archer, Miami82, weownfsu think Golden should be fired. They will think this now, tomorrow, next week, next month. They will let you know about it every channce they get. I dunno, I think they think the more they repeat it the more that it will come true. Its like they want to convince people to join their miserable existence and if you don't they'll insult you. U know they take mopery very seriously. It. Consumes them 24l/7. I actually feel bad for them as Cane fans.

"He's here until he wants to leave!!!"

You do remember his whole dalliance with PSU right? He's already proven he wants to leave. Turns out he doesn't value continuity as much as you do.

Advertisement
Back