How much longer do you give Golden?

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Usually, I don't think three years is unfair at all to judge a coach. But given what Al had to deal with his first two externally, I don't think it is unreasonable to give him one more.

Having said that, to have your defense regressing in your third year is a bad, bad sign. To have lack of depth all over the place is a bad, bad sign. To be a in a position were we choked away the coastal again in your third year is a horrible sign. NCAA cloud be dammed.

I appreciate Al for sticking by us and for putting his heart and soul into trying to fix this, but I really think today signaled that the clock is ticking.

Sooner or later, it is about results.

Advertisement
One more year then he can get the **** out. And take his boyfriend and their ****** defensive scheme with them

He deserves more time especially with the NCAA mess; however, our defense needs some serious changes this year.

Advertisement
Long enough to make us not look stupid for flying the thank you Al banner

Advertisement
This is the first game that I've left questioning if he's any good or not.
The team is regressing, or maybe they sucked all along, either way it's a concern.

What he does with his staff this offseason will say a lot about what type of coach he is. Time to make head coach decisions and make them while you aren't taking the majority of the heat.

If he does nothing and we come back next year with the same crap, there will indeed be turmoil with Al. And then he'll basically be forced to make changes to try to save his butt after next season. Let's hope it doesn't get to that, because it never turns out well.

Ball is in Al's court in this regard.

Advertisement
Three more raising canes videos

Four more Hurricane Walks

A few more UTOUGHS

One more radio interview

Advertisement
2 years max. If no change then bring me the pirate or a "rehabilitated" Petrino.

Mike Leach will never win anything with his scheme and he doesn't care about defense, STs, or any of that. I don't get why ANYONE would want him as our HC.

DT

I'm fine with Golden at HC. But like Butch he needs to bring in a stud DC & continue to develop the talent. Then hope & pray that we have a QB of the future in waiting.

Advertisement
Back