How much longer do you give Golden?

First off, I would've never hired the guy. Secondly, he could be fired today and I wouldn't care one bit. Thirdly, it matters not one bit what this jackass does if the finances aren't in place to move forward by getting rid of him. Finally, this administration doesn't give a **** about winning ships otherwise they would've never given this buffoon the extension they did.

Advertisement
5 wins or less and he will be fired.
6 to 7 wins and he stays but will be forced to make staff changes which may lead to him resigning especially if it's Dorito he is pressured to replace. (Make no mistake golden will not under any circumstances fire Dorito, not gonna happen ever)
8 wins his seat will be warm/hot but he is safe and may feel a little pressure to replace a staff member.
9 wins he's good for one more year
10+ wins and he is good to go for at least 2 or 3 more years.

6 to 7 wins and he stays but will be forced to make staff changes which may lead to him resigning especially if it's Dorito he is pressured to replace. (Make no mistake golden will not under any circumstances fire Dorito, not gonna happen ever)
8 wins his seat will be warm/hot but he is safe and may feel a little pressure to replace a staff member.

then we need 5-7 desperately.

6 or 7 wins and being stuck with *** is the worst scenario I could imagine. recruiting will take a nose dive under that scenario and we'd be stuck with him for another year or two prolonging the inevitable

Advertisement
He's got to win the Coastal.

This makes most sense. If he sniffs and whiffs on the coastal he gets an additional scapegoat season and finally cans Diarrhito. If he whiffs bad I'd think they'd have to can him regardless of record.

he has to win the coastal. which he has actually done before but NCAA situation made us pass up the game.

6 or 7 wins and being stuck with *** is the worst scenario I could imagine. recruiting will take a nose dive under that scenario and we'd be stuck with him for another year or two prolonging the inevitable

Well, at least you finally admit it. You would rather see this team lose, so you can come in here and beat your chest about how you were right about AG being a bad coach/fit then see him and the U have success. Hey at least your willing to admit it.

See, thats where I have a hard time getting to. I would rather root for AG to succeed because I want to see these players succeed and in turn watch my team WIN. But it takes all kinds....

Advertisement

Well, at least you finally admit it. You would rather see this team lose, so you can come in here and beat your chest about how you were right about AG being a bad coach/fit then see him and the U have success. Hey at least your willing to admit it.

See, thats where I have a hard time getting to. I would rather root for AG to succeed because I want to see these players succeed and in turn watch my team WIN. But it takes all kinds....

god you are dumb.

no, I want the CANES to DOMINATE. period. I am 100% sure that wont happen with F-A-G, so I want him gone ASAP. has nothing to do with being right or wrong.

worst case is that he keeps his job with somewhere between 6 and 8 wins maintaining his trademark horrible defense.

there is virtually no chance at a 10+ win season and winning the ACC. there is no chance in **** that this staff will beat FSU.

so, the best course is the course that will have F-A-G fired the quickest.

Advertisement

god you are dumb.

no, I want the CANES to DOMINATE. period. I am 100% sure that wont happen with F-A-G, so I want him gone ASAP. has nothing to do with being right or wrong.

worst case is that he keeps his job with somewhere between 6 and 8 wins maintaining his trademark horrible defense.

there is virtually no chance at a 10+ win season and winning the ACC. there is no chance in **** that this staff will beat FSU.

No, the best course is us winning 10+ games or competing for a playoff spot. Your so consumed with your hate for golden you want us to take a step backwards because you think we will take 2 steps forwards after that, which isn't a guarantee by any means.

he has to win the coastal. which he has actually done before but NCAA situation made us pass up the game.

Did you forget about Miami only "winning" the coastal because UNC was ineligible? Or are you just ignoring that fact?

god you are dumb.

So, if he wins 9 or ten games what does that mean? I just think some fans on here are so enamored with the 2001 season/roster that they do not understand that we would absolutely have run a guy like Stoops out of here long before he would have a chance to be the coach he is because we would have thought for sure there were greener pastures. I think this staff has what it takes to get this ship on the right side of the tracks, but I think the need for the best roster ever by the fans will push him out of here first. And that is why this will never be a destination job. It will always be a 3-5 yr run. Because the fan base is so fickle, that you either win and just get the **** out of here and take a pro job, or you don't win or even win fast enough and you get ousted.

I mean lets not kid ourselves we had guys saying **** like "the cloud is over I want to see results", 2 weeks after the cloud was over. When the fact is the cloud hurt recruiting the most and you cant see any change there for at least a year, so just because we had closure it didn't undo any of the potential damage it already did to recruiting, but look at the recruiting right now, its going quite well and extremely well for the '16 class.

I'm afraid we would run any coach out of here if they consistently won 9-11 games. Because there would not be any titles to show for it, but I think AG will at least have us in the talk yearly from here on out, but will he get pushed out if he does not win a title in the next two years? I do expect to have a championship team, but I also understand that it is not necessarily realistic. Especially, when you factor all that has to go right for a team to win it all. I think we need to use a bit more patience when judging the coaches, but hey maybe we will have a 7 win season and AG will be gone and I will just be another slurper.. or whatever the heck you wanna call it.

I root for the canes, period. I don't care who the coach is. I want them to have success because that means my team is winning.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back