How good was Jacory Harris?

**** it, I'm going deep!

He played well his Sr. year, but nothing spectacular. Before that he was inconsistent. Never forget when he got broken in half against UVA.

View attachment 109711
Absolutely brutal hit. Could have been bad.
I think I remember him taking a big shot against FSU as well. But not to that extreme. Tough kid and a true Cane. I believe he was the victim of regime change. We will never really know how good he could have been because our coaching has been horrific. He had the talent to ge great. We saw glimpses of it. What a wasted class that was.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
He played under terrible systems & didn't always have the support around him. His Senior year he threw for 2,486yds 20TD's & 9INT's as a 65% passer, which shows his INT's could be brought way down with a better Offense.

Before 2017, Jacory was the last QB to beat FSU, he also has career wins vs Oh st, Oklahoma & was the last Miami QB to get a W vs Clemson.

He finished his career with 8,826yds 70TD's & 48INT's with a career 60.1%cmp. His biggest wins were @ FSU 09, GTech 09, Oklahoma 09, UCF 09, Pitt 10 & UNC 10. FSU finished 7-6 in 09, GTech was 11-3 in 09, Okla was 8-5 in 09, UCF was 8-5 in 09, Pitt was 8-5 in 2010 & UNC was 8-5 in 2010. Which means he beat winning teams.

People always aimlessly bash Jacory without adding context to it. Was he great? No, but he definitely wasn't as bad as people exaggerate him to be.

And yes I'm biased because I went to school with Jacory & he's a MNW Dade county legend, but he's a really good dude & absolutely loved The U, true Cane to the fullest.
Word

Go Canes!!!!!

Before his senior year, if he went deep it was basically a mini punt. I liked him though. Better arm talent or not I’d take him over anyone we had last year.

On one thread a guy mentioned if he was in the same spot ken Dorsey was in he would have annihilated records at UM. Is this true? I thought he was decent never great. But was he better than Marve?
He would've never been Dorsey or even close.

Advertisement
First 3 out of 4 games in 09 he was ill..... After that I saw too many times he tried to do too much or he was color blind like Vinnie vs Penn st

Advertisement
Noodle arm that aimlessly chucked the ball into crowds once teams realized they need to take away the deep ball. Whipples offense didn't help. Looked better with Fisch, but still nowhere near ACC championship level.

Jacory was actually a great pure passer. 3 different OC's while here...I dont think he ever really got settled in, which I think helped with him being inconsistant. He took a lot of chances instead of using check downs which translated to turnovers, I'd give his career here a C+

Advertisement
When I think of Jacory Harris, my mind immediately goes to that nasty 2008 recruiting class and how much talent we squandered. MNW made up the core of it, and most of them proved to be busts. Such a disappointment.

Noodle arm that aimlessly chucked the ball into crowds once teams realized they need to take away the deep ball. Whipples offense didn't help. Looked better with Fisch, but still nowhere near ACC championship level.
What QB have we had that has been ACC championship level since we have been in this conference ?

In the wrong system, he loved UM but we failed him with our system. He would've been perfect in a spread system.

Agree with this. I liked him but the fit seemed off. I think he visited Oregon back when Kelly was scoring 45 a game and he may have been a better fit there.

Advertisement
On one thread a guy mentioned if he was in the same spot ken Dorsey was in he would have annihilated records at UM. Is this true? I thought he was decent never great. But was he better than Marve?
Delta between them, J12 threw a nice soft ball that we easy to catch. Marve threw like a knuckle ball that receivers either did not want to or could not catch. Downside to Harris was bds love to catch his passes too. Dorsey was a tremendous Hurricane QB. he team he had was the greatest ever but remember, he and Ed were the leaders of that team. I liked J12 but I don't know if he would have been the leader Kenny was. That matters a lot as we are finding out. Rosier was fall from the best QB we have had since but he took control of the team for 10 games and was better than any one since Berlin. Team trusted him.

Advertisement
Back