How good was Jacory Harris?

Had a legendary HS career. Was a solid/good, but frustrating & inconsistent, as a college QB.

Had some games & comebacks that made you a believer - think Jarren Williams vs Pitt, FSU, Louisville
Had some games & INT's that made you think wtf is he doing - think Jarren Williams vs FIU, Duke, La Tech

Like most Miami teams the last 15 years - he'd start the season pretty good and finish poorly.

Advertisement
Jacory started out the ‘09 season on fire. Looked like he was gonna be great. But then his interceptions vs Clemson and UNC wrecked the season.

He completely lost me in 2010 when he developed the habit of limping after the play like he was injured whenever he would short-arm an interception into double coverage.

He played under terrible systems & didn't always have the support around him. His Senior year he threw for 2,486yds 20TD's & 9INT's as a 65% passer, which shows his INT's could be brought way down with a better Offense.

Before 2017, Jacory was the last QB to beat FSU, he also has career wins vs Oh st, Oklahoma & was the last Miami QB to get a W vs Clemson.

He finished his career with 8,826yds 70TD's & 48INT's with a career 60.1%cmp. His biggest wins were @ FSU 09, GTech 09, Oklahoma 09, UCF 09, Pitt 10 & UNC 10. FSU finished 7-6 in 09, GTech was 11-3 in 09, Okla was 8-5 in 09, UCF was 8-5 in 09, Pitt was 8-5 in 2010 & UNC was 8-5 in 2010. Which means he beat winning teams.

People always aimlessly bash Jacory without adding context to it. Was he great? No, but he definitely wasn't as bad as people exaggerate him to be.

And yes I'm biased because I went to school with Jacory & he's a MNW Dade county legend, but he's a really good dude & absolutely loved The U, true Cane to the fullest.
That was,a legendary MNW team that Jacory played on. I was ecstatic we got so many to come to UM from that team but disappointed some didn't turn out as great as I hoped. I guess the best was Sean Spence.

Advertisement
I was ecstatic we got so many to come to UM from that team but disappointed some didn't turn out as great as I hoped.

Coaching!!!...we had to get GD Mark Duper in here to teach Leonard Hankerson how to catch a football.

And then you had Whipple and His 100 step drop offense...total $h!t show.

The Throw Jacory threw to Benjamin in 09 (not the T.D) But the F-ing Howitzer for a 40yd 1st down is arguably the best throw in UM History....Everytime I see it I smh...

Advertisement
I used to think that Whipple might have had the ability to be a decent OC, and that he only seemed bad because he was calling posts every play just to **** Randy Shannon off.

But now Whipple has been pretty awful at Pitt, so maybe he was just a bad OC period.

The Throw Jacory threw to Benjamin in 09 (not the T.D) But the F-ing Howitzer for a 40yd 1st down is arguably the best throw in UM History....Everytime I see it I smh...
Which game? Gotta link? Thanks.
Was it the sideline corner pass @ the 1 yard line?

He was fine until he got hurt and randy forced him to play at the same time he was mid ******** him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back