How does Jimbo gameplan vs Canes now?

Let's be real.

Jalen Hurts is not the goods. He is an RB who plays QB. There is a real QB on the BAMA bench and his name is Tua Tagovailoa. Y'all wait until you see that kid start a game. He is a real QB. They only rolling with Hurts as he led them boys to the title. I wouldn't be surprised if Tua starts at some point this season or completely take the job from Hurts next season.

If Alabama had Baker Mayfield they beat FSU 50-7 and I'm being completely serious. Bama is one dimensional with Hurts. So you can sell out and stop the run. This game didn't give us a true representation of the FSU defense at all. We run a completely different offense from Bama's one back look. Rosier isn't throwing for 96 yards against FSU. He will likely go over 220 yards passing. Hurts got one nice pass to Ridley off. 96 passing yards means less than 25 yards per quarter! Take away that 53 yard pass to Ridley and he was passing for 10 yards a quarter.

That won't happen against Miami.

LOL Dude, the STRENGHTH of FSU is it's mighty defense! No ifs, buts or huh. And believe it or not. The game will be decided on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't disagree with you. But Miami doesn't run Bama's "one back" offense. It's easy to pin your ears back when you play against Jalen Hurts. You gotta make Jalen beat you. I don't remember a game last season where I watched Jalen Hurts beat an opponent. I watched Bama's defense terrorize people in route to a championship loss.

The key to this game is defense, turnovers, and time of possession. FSU had the ball for 37 Minutes last year. Miami had the ball for 23 minutes. Even BCU just had the ball longer than we did. We have to start winning time of possession as well.

Hurts is one dimensional but outside of LSU, Bama's offense did work against everyone else. That rag tag offense always found a way. **** they almost pulled it off against Clemson, when their defense was reeling.

Advertisement
Jumbo is going to use Blackman's mobility to stall our pass rush, he'll move the pocket & use his RB's in the Passing game.

The key is shutting down the run & not allowing them to beat us with the deep ball with Campbell/Tate.

They don't really use their speed WR's in the deep game, they run those guys on Post Corners & Comeback routes to the sideline.

I know everybody is shook because of Bethune, but the way you attack a young QB is give him exotic looks he's never seen before, that doesn't mean Blitz every down, but it means force him to make decisions much quicker than he wants to.

Force him to change his platform, meaning don't give him a clean pocket, make him get rid of the ball before he wants to & eventually he'll start holding onto it & running.
Running from a collapsed pocket means he'll be getting sacked & throwing incompletions.

On Offense, we need to spread this Defense out & make their Safety's commit to covering WR's.

They leave their CB's on an Island because they trust McFadden, Marshall, Samuels & that's how Ridley by himself beat their Defense over top.
They actually had Samuels covering Ridley one on one, and he beat him for that Deep TD.

Their Safety's play the run game heavy, James & Lane are not the deep Centerfielders everyone thinks they are, they play the LOS & blitz a lot, so we gotta go 3/4-wide spread'em out, uptempo no-huddle & not give their DL time to get to the QB.

80% of the snaps should be from Shotgun, Rosier shouldn't take a snap under center until the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Ultimately, it'll come down to turnovers. We force turnovers & protect the ball we win. Call the jeweler, we gon need 3 more chains.

Last edited:
Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to )suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense
and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

You definitely lost me there. Maybe there is sarcasm i dont sense

What part of FSU's defense didn't look really good on Saturday? The one blown pass to Riddley? You're fooling yourself if you think our offense won't have a really tough time

Charles Kelly had all offseason to prepare for a 1 dimensional team with a Bad armed qb. They shouldn't have scored at all with that much time to prepare.

I don't think they hold us to 24.

Advertisement
Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.
Word.

And Richt is still a liability as OC until proven otherwise. Sorry but Jimbo probably knows what Richt will do before Richt does.

Its going to be tough sledding for both teams and they don't have Cook to bail them out this time. I'm interested to see Akers as well. Couldn't see much Saturday night but the kid looks like the goods on paper.

I agree it still will be tough, all we have to do IMO is stop akers and that increases our chances big time.

Jumbo is going to use Blackman's mobility to stall our pass rush, he'll move the pocket & use his RB's in the Passing game.

The key is shutting down the run & not allowing them to beat us with the deep ball with Campbell/Tate.

They don't really use their speed WR's in the deep game, they run those guys on Post Corners & Comeback routes to the sideline.

I know everybody is shook because of Bethune, but the way you attack a young QB is give him exotic looks he's never seen before, that doesn't mean Blitz every down, but it means force him to make decisions much quicker than he wants to.

Force him to change his platform, meaning don't give him a clean pocket, make him get rid of the ball before he wants to & eventually he'll start holding onto it & running.
Running from a collapsed pocket means he'll be getting sacked & throwing incompletions.

On Offense, we need to spread this Defense out & make their Safety's commit to covering WR's.

They leave their CB's on an Island because they trust McFadden, Marshall, Samuels & that's how Ridley by himself beat their Defense over top.
They actually had Samuels covering Ridley one on one, and he beat him for that Deep TD.

Their Safety's play the run game heavy, James & Lane are not the deep Centerfielders everyone thinks they are, they play the LOS & blitz a lot, so we gotta go 3/4-wide spread'em out, uptempo no-huddle & not give their DL time to get to the QB.

80% of the snaps should be from Shotgun, Rosier shouldn't take a snap under center until the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Ultimately, it'll come down to turnovers. We force turnovers & protect the ball we win. Call the jeweler, we gon need 3 more chains.

thry run that the most of any team we play since jimbo been there, its a real good play for them but who says this kid can throw it. Akers looks like he can get around the edge he did once i think vs bama and looked quick

Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.
Word.

And Richt is still a liability as OC until proven otherwise. Sorry but Jimbo probably knows what Richt will do before Richt does.

Its going to be tough sledding for both teams and they don't have Cook to bail them out this time. I'm interested to see Akers as well. Couldn't see much Saturday night but the kid looks like the goods on paper.

I agree it still will be tough, all we have to do IMO is stop akers and that increases our chances big time.
It's weird but I feel like FSU hasn't had a legit threat at WR for a very long time (Greene was pretty good but Jameis was too)

Cook pretty much beat us 3 years in a row. Freeman before that.

Theres no RB back there that wants to sodomize us on National TV so it might be our time. Rosier has got to step up though and so does Richt.

Word.

It's weird but I feel like FSU hasn't had a legit threat at WR for a very long time (Greene was pretty good but Jameis was too)

Theres no RB back there that wants to sodomize us on National TV so it might be our time. Rosier has got to step up though and so does Richt.

Our weakness will possible be Rosier because that FSU D is legit, **** bama had studs all over and FSU looked good until your on the field so much.......I was even surprised the way Mat Thomas played and was impressed by his speed even Lanes bumb *** looked aight. Its going to be a tough game and if we lose they will have all the ammunition to say whatever they want. There already saying they will beat us with no qb thats how confident they are.......we cant let them seal off our edge rushers and they cant over pursuit.......going to be a chess match that game and u got to give the edge in that to Jimbo he has the hardware to prove it. Even with those advantages this is a game we should win I mean everything is lined up for us.

Kelvin Benjamin too all those kids should of been here but until MR came we didnt have those academic plans like those schools had we werent the business decision school................now we r.

Advertisement
Like Inday said, let's not pretend that FSU is now some meager team that can't stop our mighty squad.

At the same time, the Haitian Sensation is the one player they couldn't afford to lose in a post-Dalvin Cook world. Imagine that our team had a QB that was receiving lots of legitimate pre-season Heisman hype. Now imagine that he's potentially done with football and we're rolling into Doak with a true freshman that got on campus in May. I was with a bunch of FSU fans this weekend and they're crushed. They've basically conceded every meaningful expectation and have moved on to pro sports. Maybe that's just the spirit of the moment, but the Noles have gone from likely playoff team (even at 0-1 right now) to likely third-place Atlantic team.

Now more than ever, the game on 9/16 is must-win. If this year's Canes have that dog in them, they'll make sure that one of FSU's several conference losses this season comes at their hands.

Do we have that dog though, its been a long time.

Word.

Our weakness will possible be Rosier because that FSU D is legit, **** bama had studs all over and FSU looked good until your on the field so much.......I was even surprised the way Mat Thomas played and was impressed by his speed even Lanes bumb *** looked aight. Its going to be a tough game and if we lose they will have all the ammunition to say whatever they want. There already saying they will beat us with no qb thats how confident they are.......we cant let them seal off our edge rushers and they cant over pursuit.......going to be a chess match that game and u got to give the edge in that to Jimbo he has the hardware to prove it. Even with those advantages this is a game we should win I mean everything is lined up for us.

Kelvin Benjamin too all those kids should of been here but until MR came we didnt have those academic plans like those schools had we werent the business decision school................now we r.

FSU is just going to load up the box and force Rosier to win the game. People that kept talking about "game management" weren't using their heads. They will focus on Ahmmon and Walton and say "good luck". Herndon needs to be a force, and one of these young receivers needs to make some plays. Maybe Homer as well.

Its going to be a bloodbath as usual.

Walton needs to have a big night. If he does we will win. FSU isn't going to score much. Diaz is going to confuse the **** out of Their frosh

Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to )suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense
and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

You definitely lost me there. Maybe there is sarcasm i dont sense

What part of FSU's defense didn't look really good on Saturday? The one blown pass to Riddley? You're fooling yourself if you think our offense won't have a really tough time

Charles Kelly had all offseason to prepare for a 1 dimensional team with a Bad armed qb. They shouldn't have scored at all with that much time to prepare.

I don't think they hold us to 24.

Shouldn't have scored at all? Yes, Bama usually goes scoreless in week one. Ask USC why they spotted them 50 points last year. Also, Bama scored 24 points while getting the ball on their side of the field five straight times. That's good defense

Advertisement
You better play good D. You had all months to prepare. That doesnt make you a great defense.

Charles kelly has let too many teams put up gawdy numbers for me to say FSU has a great defense after playing one decent game eith an offseason to prepare.

They didnt even make the plays when they counted most. Cant give them props for that.

I need to see more

Like someone said before. Bama puts up 50 with a remotely decent qb. Hurts aint good. And fsu aint good for shutting down hurts

We have too many deep threats on tape and Rosier has already shown the ability/ to connect too.

It'd be suicide for FSU to do that. Especially after the Bama game.

Leaving our wrs on an island with their Dbs isnt a mistake that i see Kelly making, as bad as he can be at times.

Advertisement
I don't see them running the ball and winning as they will be playing straight into our strength which is our front 7. Our our secondary played pretty poorly and as a coach I think Jimbo took note. Blackman has to have a good game for them to win unless our front 7 is overrated. They have an average online so I just don't see how they run on us. Their receivers looked good against bama as well.

From my lens we need to defend the pass well and on offense we need Walton to ball.

Word.

FSU is just going to load up the box and force Rosier to win the game. People that kept talking about "game management" weren't using their heads. They will focus on Ahmmon and Walton and say "good luck". Herndon needs to be a force, and one of these young receivers needs to make some plays. Maybe Homer as well.

herndon against there Linebackers? I dont know man........Harley and Thomas have to do something that helps change the mindset of there defense if one of those guys get going..............I think Berrios in the slot could have a breakout game and be remembered as the player who broke the streak...........he should have a big game if Malik gets it to him...........tough game to call but we should win...........us and fans of fsu should be confident in our defenses in this game.

Theres a chance for a big screen pass play to walton or homer in this game

herndon against there Linebackers? I dont know man........Harley and Thomas have to do something that helps change the mindset of there defense if one of those guys get going..............I think Berrios in the slot could have a breakout game and be remembered as the player who broke the streak...........he should have a big game if Malik gets it to him...........tough game to call but we should win...........us and fans of fsu should be confident in our defenses in this game.

Theres a chance for a big screen pass play to walton or homer in this game
Harley and Thomas aren't ready for the physicality of this game IMO. They're both pretty small and have never experienced it. It's gonna have to be the older guys. Herndon, Berrios (I'm with you there) are gonna have to make plays which is asking a lot I know. Richards can do some damage but that hamstring makes me nervous. Those injuries can last a whole season.

I don't see them running the ball and winning as they will be playing straight into our strength which is our front 7. Our our secondary played pretty poorly and as a coach I think Jimbo took note. Blackman has to have a good game for them to win unless our front 7 is overrated. They have an average online so I just don't see how they run on us. Their receivers looked good against bama as well.

From my lens we need to defend the pass well and on offense we need Walton to ball.

So in line w LCE expect us to play defensively similar to last season?
How do we scheme for Constantino in quarters 2 through 4?

/we better hold these ***aloons to single digits

Advertisement
Back