How does Jimbo gameplan vs Canes now?

Like Inday said, let's not pretend that FSU is now some meager team that can't stop our mighty squad.

At the same time, the Haitian Sensation is the one player they couldn't afford to lose in a post-Dalvin Cook world. Imagine that our team had a QB that was receiving lots of legitimate pre-season Heisman hype. Now imagine that he's potentially done with football and we're rolling into Doak with a true freshman that got on campus in May. I was with a bunch of FSU fans this weekend and they're crushed. They've basically conceded every meaningful expectation and have moved on to pro sports. Maybe that's just the spirit of the moment, but the Noles have gone from likely playoff team (even at 0-1 right now) to likely third-place Atlantic team.

Now more than ever, the game on 9/16 is must-win. If this year's Canes have that dog in them, they'll make sure that one of FSU's several conference losses this season comes at their hands.

Bolded is great news. With some respect to your friends.

Advertisement
Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to )suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense
and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

You definitely lost me there. Maybe there is sarcasm i dont sense

Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

I agree he will put it on Akers (another TF) and try to establish the run. But Akers was 10 for 30 vs. Bama. The whole team rushed 27 times for 40 yards. Blackmon is going to have to air it out. And while I expect him to get some yards, I also expect multiple turnovers and sacks, leading to good field position for Rosier and the O.

Its tough to run on Bama though. Im not trying to crown Akers in anyway, but its hard to judge a player that in his first game had a below average performance against a Bama defense. I interested how our DL will look against their OL though. FSU had a terrible OL last year and they did way better against Bama in pass protection than I would have expected. Did they improve or is Bama's pass rush just not all that this year?

Ezekiel elliot ran for over 180 on them.

Stop it. Akers isnt great.

There qb is out for the season and this guy says FSU protected better than he thought.

You seriously cant make this **** up. Francois got teed off on all **** game.

If it werent for his amazing pocket presence, shid wouldve gotten uglier

Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

I agree he will put it on Akers (another TF) and try to establish the run. But Akers was 10 for 30 vs. Bama. The whole team rushed 27 times for 40 yards. Blackmon is going to have to air it out. And while I expect him to get some yards, I also expect multiple turnovers and sacks, leading to good field position for Rosier and the O.

Its tough to run on Bama though. Im not trying to crown Akers in anyway, but its hard to judge a player that in his first game had a below average performance against a Bama defense. I interested how our DL will look against their OL though. FSU had a terrible OL last year and they did way better against Bama in pass protection than I would have expected. Did they improve or is Bama's pass rush just not all that this year?

I would say that is the exception to the rule not the norm though. Also I didn't say Akers is great, all we know he is a extremely hyper prospect. My point was you can't judge him on one game especially against a team like Bama. You are being a homer with the statement that Akers is not great, we simply don't know yet.

Advertisement
Like Inday said, let's not pretend that FSU is now some meager team that can't stop our mighty squad.

At the same time, the Haitian Sensation is the one player they couldn't afford to lose in a post-Dalvin Cook world. Imagine that our team had a QB that was receiving lots of legitimate pre-season Heisman hype. Now imagine that he's potentially done with football and we're rolling into Doak with a true freshman that got on campus in May. I was with a bunch of FSU fans this weekend and they're crushed. They've basically conceded every meaningful expectation and have moved on to pro sports. Maybe that's just the spirit of the moment, but the Noles have gone from likely playoff team (even at 0-1 right now) to likely third-place Atlantic team.

Now more than ever, the game on 9/16 is must-win. If this year's Canes have that dog in them, they'll make sure that one of FSU's several conference losses this season comes at their hands.

Bolded is great news. With some respect to your friends.

I guess we'll see how things pan out, but the shock of Francois' injury seems to be like a waking nightmare for most Nole fans I've interacted with.

I hope that he plays again, but I'd be lying if I said that I only want to play FSU at full strength.

I don't think it's rocket science. Take away the running game and make the QB beat them. I think it will be a completely different defense than what we saw against BCC. I also think FSU's defense knows they'll have to step up for this game. They played Alabama tough, and got put in some bad situations by the ST's. I don't expect anything different against Miami.

Advertisement

Word.

And Richt is still a liability as OC until proven otherwise. Sorry but Jimbo probably knows what Richt will do before Richt does.

Its going to be tough sledding for both teams and they don't have Cook to bail them out this time. I'm interested to see Akers as well. Couldn't see much Saturday night but the kid looks like the goods on paper.

Pretty much. One decent game against BCC, which half the fan base is ****ed about, and Blackman and FSU are going to roll over with their season on the line. Fools.

sorry meant to Upvote

I would say that is the exception to the rule not the norm though. Also I didn't say Akers is great, all we know he is a extremely hyper prospect. My point was you can't judge him on one game especially against a team like Bama. You are being a homer with the statement that Akers is not great, we simply don't know yet.

Yeah, but FSU just became one dimensional. Even when Dalvin Cook was running all over us, they needed GREAT QB play to eek out wins. I just don't see Akers as being anywhere near DC level, and I can't imagine their QB having that great of a game.

Advertisement
Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to )suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense
and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

You definitely lost me there. Maybe there is sarcasm i dont sense

What part of FSU's defense didn't look really good on Saturday? The one blown pass to Riddley? You're fooling yourself if you think our offense won't have a really tough time

Advertisement
A 5'10, no arm having, Treon Harris beat Richt as True Freshman. Let me repeat: A 5'10, no arm having, Treon Harris beat Richt as True Freshman. TREON HARRIS!!

And this FSU team and defense is waaay filthier than that Georgia team.

I think this Miami team is better than that Georgia team, but the fact remains: Treon Harris beat Richt! And it was in their biggest rivalry game.

This game won't be a cakewalk, because in my mind, Richt still has a lot to show when it comes to winning a big game. He cannot lose this game. CANNOT. If he does, then we know we have John Cooper as coach, no doubt

I hope Louisiana-Monroe beats them this weekend.
I hope they lose every game this year.

Eff them.

Not sure why some of you think FSU is going to be very bad w/o Frenchie. We have no idea how this is going to play out. One thing is for sure, that FSU's defense will be highly motivated due to his absence and the loud crowd. We will have to bring our A game to win this one and I believe we can do it. Jimbo will have them prepared for this game.

Yo. People are funny, So I guess Fournette is not good since Bama shut him down, you could probably count on one hand how many times a RB ran for over 120 on Bama in the past ten years.

Advertisement
Back