How does Jimbo gameplan vs Canes now?

I'd expect Blackman to look similar to Nkosi in his fall scrimmage. Safe to say Nkosi is more talented with better offensive weapons but still was mediocre against our D.

Advertisement
Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

I agree he will put it on Akers (another TF) and try to establish the run. But Akers was 10 for 30 vs. Bama. The whole team rushed 27 times for 40 yards. Blackmon is going to have to air it out. And while I expect him to get some yards, I also expect multiple turnovers and sacks, leading to good field position for Rosier and the O.

The way our secondary looked in the opener, if I were him I would not change that much. Probably do some similar stuff BC did against us, with quick hitters and trying to out athlete our secondary. That being said, Jimbo will be Jimbo and he will most likely go conservative. I expect it to be a low scoring slugfest.

Advertisement
Blackman's arm talent is good but I don't think it's on Deondre Francois level at all especially with him being a 3rd year player in college. Francois is far more mobile than James blackman who is a pocket passer. Blackman's pocket presence is not good(sacked 7 times by Jon Garvin) in one game

you must've never watched Blackman film if you think Francois got better arm talent. He's a raw prospect but Blackman got one of the best arms out there easily

Last edited:
Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

Pretty much. One decent game against BCC, which half the fan base is ****ed about, and Blackman and FSU are going to roll over with their season on the line. Fools.

Like Inday said, let's not pretend that FSU is now some meager team that can't stop our mighty squad.

At the same time, the Haitian Sensation is the one player they couldn't afford to lose in a post-Dalvin Cook world. Imagine that our team had a QB that was receiving lots of legitimate pre-season Heisman hype. Now imagine that he's potentially done with football and we're rolling into Doak with a true freshman that got on campus in May. I was with a bunch of FSU fans this weekend and they're crushed. They've basically conceded every meaningful expectation and have moved on to pro sports. Maybe that's just the spirit of the moment, but the Noles have gone from likely playoff team (even at 0-1 right now) to likely third-place Atlantic team.

Now more than ever, the game on 9/16 is must-win. If this year's Canes have that dog in them, they'll make sure that one of FSU's several conference losses this season comes at their hands.

Yea I keep hearing about this true freshman with no spring and how he's got to be lost but most of this board would have been happy for us to go with a true Fr. that arrived at the same time.

Jimbo will have him ready and we still have to figure out how to score on this defense.I don't see many 10-15 play drives against them so we will need short fields.

Yea our chances went up exponentially when Frenchy got hurt but don't fool yourselves into thinking we are just going to go clown them at Doak.I don't care whose starting at QB.

Advertisement

I agree he will put it on Akers (another TF) and try to establish the run. But Akers was 10 for 30 vs. Bama. The whole team rushed 27 times for 40 yards. Blackmon is going to have to air it out. And while I expect him to get some yards, I also expect multiple turnovers and sacks, leading to good field position for Rosier and the O.

Its tough to run on Bama though. Im not trying to crown Akers in anyway, but its hard to judge a player that in his first game had a below average performance against a Bama defense. I interested how our DL will look against their OL though. FSU had a terrible OL last year and they did way better against Bama in pass protection than I would have expected. Did they improve or is Bama's pass rush just not all that this year?

Advertisement

Its tough to run on Bama though. Im not trying to crown Akers in anyway, but its hard to judge a player that in his first game had a below average performance against a Bama defense. I interested how our DL will look against their OL though. FSU had a terrible OL last year and they did way better against Bama in pass protection than I would have expected. Did they improve or is Bama's pass rush just not all that this year?

This right here. Their OL was an abomination last year, but was actually decent against Bama. Also, go ask Fournette what it's like running against Bama. Don't fool yourselves, it's gonna be challenging.

Advertisement
Blackman's arm talent is good but I don't think it's on Deondre Francois level at all especially with him being a 3rd year player in college. Francois is far more mobile than James blackman who is a pocket passer. Blackman's pocket presence is not good(sacked 7 times by Jon Garvin) in one game

you must've never watched Blackman film if you think Francois got better arm talent. He's a raw prospect but Blackman got one of the best arms out there easily

I've watched it several times when we were recruiting him. Francois does as well

the question is what does he do when he can't establish the run against our front 7

Seriously akers is not cook and i think walton is better then him

what would they do if they can't establish the run?

Do like Bama does. Wait for the other team to make a mistake and take advantage of it. Jimbo will be just fine with going 3 and out and punting, if their D can hold us. He'll go for low scoring, keep it close, hope Miami beats themselves kind of game. He won't snap the ball until it's at 1 every single time.

On the flip side, we should run a hurry up O all game long. The more we possessions we give them, the more likely that freshman is to fumble a snap, throw a pick, or miss a handoff. Not to mention their shaky special teams.

The only way FSU wins this is in a low scoring slopfest of a game. We need to be the aggressor all game long.

This right here. Their OL was an abomination last year, but was actually decent against Bama. Also, go ask Fournette what it's like running against Bama. Don't fool yourselves, it's gonna be challenging.

After bama's first drive (34 yd run), FSU's defense stuffed their running game. Scarborough never could get it going (15 carries 40 yds 2.6 ypc)

Last edited:
i'd say we are underestimating Cam Akers...

Either way i really dont see Miami losing this game now with a competent staff

Advertisement
Back