How does Jimbo gameplan vs Canes now?

FSU won't change the plan that much. I expect short quick passes, and they'll try to get him out of the pocket. The good news is that we face a team next week that does short and quick passes, and try to nickel and dime their way to the endzone. So either we'll get that **** straighten out this week, or we can expect the same game plan for the rest of the season.

That's what I would I do! As physical as Delaney is, he cant break on the ball like that. I'm not sure if yall peep that out, but they ran the same route 4 times in a row, and he couldn't get there. That's a huge problem for a CB, cause he's going to the start overcompensating, and he's going to get roasted on a double move.

Advertisement
Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

I agree he will put it on Akers (another TF) and try to establish the run. But Akers was 10 for 30 vs. Bama. The whole team rushed 27 times for 40 yards. Blackmon is going to have to air it out. And while I expect him to get some yards, I also expect multiple turnovers and sacks, leading to good field position for Rosier and the O.

Its tough to run on Bama though. Im not trying to crown Akers in anyway, but its hard to judge a player that in his first game had a below average performance against a Bama defense. I interested how our DL will look against their OL though. FSU had a terrible OL last year and they did way better against Bama in pass protection than I would have expected. Did they improve or is Bama's pass rush just not all that this year?

Ezekiel elliot ran for over 180 on them.

Stop it. Akers isnt great.

I would say that is the exception to the rule not the norm though. Also I didn't say Akers is great, all we know he is a extremely hyper prospect. My point was you can't judge him on one game especially against a team like Bama. You are being a homer with the statement that Akers is not great, we simply don't know yet.

Big time players make big plays in big games. Akers aint that

Let's be real.

Jalen Hurts is not the goods. He is an RB who plays QB. There is a real QB on the BAMA bench and his name is Tua Tagovailoa. Y'all wait until you see that kid start a game. He is a real QB. They only rolling with Hurts as he led them boys to the title. I wouldn't be surprised if Tua starts at some point this season or completely take the job from Hurts next season.

If Alabama had Baker Mayfield they beat FSU 50-7 and I'm being completely serious. Bama is one dimensional with Hurts. So you can sell out and stop the run. This game didn't give us a true representation of the FSU defense at all. We run a completely different offense from Bama's one back look. Rosier isn't throwing for 96 yards against FSU. He will likely go over 220 yards passing. Hurts got one nice pass to Ridley off. 96 passing yards means less than 25 yards per quarter! Take away that 53 yard pass to Ridley and he was passing for 10 yards a quarter.

That won't happen against Miami.

Ultra conservative. Half field reads, run pass options and waggle concepts to minimize int's. I expect them to run the ball 40 times and try 2 or 3 big shots off of play action when we show 1 high.
But for them it's all about defense. I was at the game Saturday and was expecting to see a soft defense with Bama running for 400+. That didn't happen and they were very physical at the POA. They are tough and deep on D. I expect a very low scoring game with the Canes on top.

Alabaga offense plays directly into what FSU does well--line up and play downhill against a pro style offense. If we do the same then FSU defense will tee off on us too. Line up in tight sets and play too basic, and FSU will eat us up.

They'll definitely keep that flare pass they used to throw to Cook going with Akers...that **** has torched us, and we saw shades of it with ******* Bethune Cookman.

Advertisement
The difference is Blackman is a trFr with no Spring.

LOL...so was Kaaya, and we almost beat em'.

This kid is nowhere near as polished as Kaaya was coming out of HS.

IJS this kid has enough talent around em' to catch us slippin', like Kaaya in 14' albeit a loss.

Gotta put the Kaaya game in perspective versus this game. FSU was riding a long win streak against us, and everyone expected them to destroy us. We had a huge emotional edge in that game.

They will not have that same edge versus us this year because we still haven't beaten them in a hundred years. We will not be overlooking them like they were us.

First off, you have to respect FSU's defense athletically-speaking, at a minimum. They were suspect at times last year, but down the stretch, they played well. They are going to be ready to play, especially now. I expect them to throw everything they have at us. Our guy is older but has played 2.5 more games than their guy-- including Duke and BCU.

Offensively, there are 2 categories of coaches-- there's the "protect the QB at all costs, mentally and physically" (e.g. the Coker-T, one read, one route) and there's the type that believes in something bigger and lets their QB play. Jimbo is the latter. The kid will have it or he won't. The playbook won't be the entire ****nal as it was with Francois, and there will be a lot of "check with me," but they aren't going to rollover into a popcorn-fart offense a la Patrick Nix @ UiF, Oklahoma, etc.

I expect the Noles will drill heavy to run the ball, no question, but they will have their passing ****nal ready to go.

Doubt Fisher changes much at all, except maybe special teams. Blocked FG, blocked punt, fumbled botched kick off. That is 1 place hopefully we can capitalize. Their defense gave up less yards against Bama than we did against Bethune. I expect a low scoring game due to both teams having great defenses. Should be a slugfest. Blackman can do no worse that francois did, they had wr open all day, and he did not read it well and get them the ball. We need Richards back and a good day from the OL and win the Special teams field positions to win.

Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

Sounds similar to what Saban did to FSU.

Advertisement
First off, you have to respect FSU's defense athletically-speaking, at a minimum. They were suspect at times last year, but down the stretch, they played well. They are going to be ready to play, especially now. I expect them to throw everything they have at us. Our guy is older but has played 2.5 more games than their guy-- including Duke and BCU.

Offensively, there are 2 categories of coaches-- there's the "protect the QB at all costs, mentally and physically" (e.g. the Coker-T, one read, one route) and there's the type that believes in something bigger and lets their QB play. Jimbo is the latter. The kid will have it or he won't. The playbook won't be the entire ****nal as it was with Francois, and there will be a lot of "check with me," but they aren't going to rollover into a popcorn-fart offense a la Patrick Nix @ UiF, Oklahoma, etc.

I expect the Noles will drill heavy to run the ball, no question, but they will have their passing ****nal ready to go.

It's not the amount of games either QB has played. It's the amount of time in the system that is most important. Rosier has only started a few games, but there's a reason he beat out Perry, who is a better talent than Blackman.

Rivalry game though, so you never know how it will play out. Didn't stank *** Sean Maguire do a decent job playing in Winston's place against a Clemson team that is better than we are?

It's not the amount of games either QB has played. It's the amount of time in the system that is most important. Rosier has only started a few games, but there's a reason he beat out Perry, who is a better talent than Blackman.

Rivalry game though, so you never know how it will play out. Didn't stank *** Sean Maguire do a decent job playing in Winston's place against a Clemson team that is better than we are?

True re: time in the system. Honestly, my only concern with Rosier has nothing to do with ability, it has to do with how serious he took his role prior to this Spring. Richt's comments about never thinking he'd play here kind of echo that. The guy can throw a ball and make plays with his feet. It was his awareness and decision-making that were stuck in freshmans territory.

100% true re: rivalry game. F$U got the train run on them by Louisville and chewed up by UNC. Then Matt Thomas, that lil' kuhnt who was almost benched for poor play knocks Kaaya's tooth out the first play.

If this was a GoldenShower led team, no question, Blackdude would have a coming out party bigger than a confused Midwestern kid on Fleet Week. With Diaz though, I don't see that happening. Francois didn't beat us last year. They score 20 points. What we need is Rosier to not throw INT into the end zone, etc.

True re: time in the system. Honestly, my only concern with Rosier has nothing to do with ability, it has to do with how serious he took his role prior to this Spring. Richt's comments about never thinking he'd play here kind of echo that. The guy can throw a ball and make plays with his feet. It was his awareness and decision-making that were stuck in freshmans territory.

100% true re: rivalry game. F$U got the train run on them by Louisville and chewed up by UNC. Then Matt Thomas, that lil' kuhnt who was almost benched for poor play knocks Kaaya's tooth out the first play.

If this was a GoldenShower led team, no question, Blackdude would have a coming out party bigger than a confused Midwestern kid on Fleet Week. With Diaz though, I don't see that happening. Francois didn't beat us last year. They score 20 points. What we need is Rosier to not throw INT into the end zone, etc.

Mutt Thomas is the perfect example of the difference in intensity these dudes bring to this rivalry when people are doubting them. Thomas looked like a gutless loafing quitter all year. Then, he looked like a fully coked up Lawrence Taylor against us.

Let's be real.

Jalen Hurts is not the goods. He is an RB who plays QB. There is a real QB on the BAMA bench and his name is Tua Tagovailoa. Y'all wait until you see that kid start a game. He is a real QB. They only rolling with Hurts as he led them boys to the title. I wouldn't be surprised if Tua starts at some point this season or completely take the job from Hurts next season.

If Alabama had Baker Mayfield they beat FSU 50-7 and I'm being completely serious. Bama is one dimensional with Hurts. So you can sell out and stop the run. This game didn't give us a true representation of the FSU defense at all. We run a completely different offense from Bama's one back look. Rosier isn't throwing for 96 yards against FSU. He will likely go over 220 yards passing. Hurts got one nice pass to Ridley off. 96 passing yards means less than 25 yards per quarter! Take away that 53 yard pass to Ridley and he was passing for 10 yards a quarter.

LOL Dude, the STRENGHTH of FSU is it's mighty defense! No ifs, buts or huh. And believe it or not. The game will be decided on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Sounds similar to what Saban did to FSU.

Yes. Good Ol' Boy Jimbo is going to keep it SIMPLE for the true freshmen QB, and let his mighty defense control the ball game. So I hope Richt DOESN'T mess up his play calling, again ( Last season against FSU. ).

Yea I keep hearing about this true freshman with no spring and how he's got to be lost but most of this board would have been happy for us to go with a true Fr. that arrived at the same time.

Jimbo will have him ready and we still have to figure out how to score on this defense.I don't see many 10-15 play drives against them so we will need short fields.

Yea our chances went up exponentially when Frenchy got hurt but don't fool yourselves into thinking we are just going to go clown them at Doak.I don't care whose starting at QB.

Agree with this.
We have to be patient. It'll be tough sledding for our offense.
Let them make the mistakes on Offense and Special teams.
WHEN that happens, and we have a short field, we must capitalize.

Advertisement
I think Jimbo will do a lot of heavy run, peppered with some play action and screen passes. Occasional deep ball to keep us honest.

I hope Louisiana-Monroe beats them this weekend.
I hope they lose every game this year.

Eff them.

However, last year Louisiana Lafayette beat Louisiana Monroe 30-3 -- despite having zero passing yards. Not going to happen, but we can dream.

Let's be real.

LOL Dude, the STRENGHTH of FSU is it's mighty defense! No ifs, buts or huh. And believe it or not. The game will be decided on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't disagree with you. But Miami doesn't run Bama's "one back" offense. It's easy to pin your ears back when you play against Jalen Hurts. You gotta make Jalen beat you. I don't remember a game last season where I watched Jalen Hurts beat an opponent. I watched Bama's defense terrorize people in route to a championship loss.

The key to this game is defense, turnovers, and time of possession. FSU had the ball for 37 Minutes last year. Miami had the ball for 23 minutes. Even BCU just had the ball longer than we did. We have to start winning time of possession as well.

Advertisement
Back