How does Jimbo gameplan vs Canes now?

ejfudd

More ads please!
Banned
I'm guessing priority one is protecting his freshman QB...So, he'll try to establish the run, throw sparingly, likely hot passing out of the gun.

Advertisement
See Bethune Cookman game. I'm sure he going to use a lot of roll out not only because it worked for BCU but because he will probably want to limit the field/read for a true freshman QB.

the question is what does he do when he can't establish the run against our front 7

Seriously akers is not cook and i think walton is better then him

what would they do if they can't establish the run?

See Bethune Cookman game. I'm sure he going to use a lot of roll out not only because it worked for BCU but because he will probably want to limit the field/read for a true freshman QB.

that was a basic defense wait till we play fsu it will be so unpredictable

Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

Advertisement

Bandy and Malek need to play often if they're playing the short game. Guaranteed at least 1 pick 6.

Y'all better get over this fever dream that FSU is going to suddenly disappear and wilt before the all consuming storm that is Miami Hurricane football. We haven't done jack crap.

He's going to lean on his incredible defense and hope we dork around enough to give their O the advantage all game long. Then he's going to simplify the playbook for his newborn baby, but trust me he's going to let Blackmon play football because their season depends on him. That's what Jimbo will do. Oh and he'll tell Cam Akers he has to win the game for them.

he will look good but i foresee fumbles and interceptions

With a freshmen that just enrolled and is not the most accurate he is extremely limited. We wont see complex reads too much and one thing that all Fsu fans say is that their playbook is hard to learn in a matter of months. The offensive line up there is bad and we have to just get after him.

This game we have to blitz and stuff holes and make the running backs bounce out and then our dbs clean it up. If we cant win this one then I just dont know what to say honestly!!

Advertisement

I dont think anyone could have said it better. Jimbo will have Blackman ready for whatever Gameplan they go with. ITS UP TO US TO CONTROL THE GAME. Our offense must find ways to score

Ultra conservative. Half field reads, run pass options and waggle concepts to minimize int's. I expect them to run the ball 40 times and try 2 or 3 big shots off of play action when we show 1 high.
But for them it's all about defense. I was at the game Saturday and was expecting to see a soft defense with Bama running for 400+. That didn't happen and they were very physical at the POA. They are tough and deep on D. I expect a very low scoring game with the Canes on top.

Try to capitalize on our over aggression on D early to keep diaz honest. Lean on the D and run game to get it done. Jimbo knows his O so I don't expect it to be a cakewalk.

Ultra conservative. Half field reads, run pass options and waggle concepts to minimize int's. I expect them to run the ball 40 times and try 2 or 3 big shots off of play action when we show 1 high.
But for them it's all about defense. I was at the game Saturday and was expecting to see a soft defense with Bama running for 400+. That didn't happen and they were very physical at the POA. They are tough and deep on D. I expect a very low scoring game with the Canes on top.

Nope that's not how he does things. He's going to try and get his qb confidence by opening up the playbook. He did it with both of jameis and Francois's first college ball game. This is what coaches should do

Advertisement
Blackman's arm talent is good but I don't think it's on Deondre Francois level at all especially with him being a 3rd year player in college. Francois is far more mobile than James blackman who is a pocket passer. Blackman's pocket presence is not good(sacked 7 times by Jon Garvin) in one game

Nope that's not how he does things. He's going to try and get his qb confidence by opening up the playbook. He did it with both of jameis and Francois's first college ball game. This is what coaches should do

The difference is Blackman is a trFr with no Spring. Both JW and Francois were redshirted and top Qbs coming out of HS. No way he puts the team's fate in the hands of that twig.

Jameis redshirted his first year and had time to learn and be ready vs Pitt in his first game

Francois was an EE and was ready vs Ole Miss but Jimbo had to open it for him the 2nd half because remember how bad they played the 1st half.

Blackmon came in June just like Perry did for us. Blackmon wasn't expected to compete or be ready because Francois was the starter so everything is accelerated for him now.

I expect Jimbo to have him ready and not force anything with him. High percentage throws, try and establish run vs us and hope his D can generate some turnovers and limit our offense. He's definitely not asking him to win the game unlike Francois

Advertisement

The difference is Blackman is a trFr with no Spring. Both JW and Francois were redshirted and top Qbs coming out of HS. No way he puts the team's fate in the hands of that twig.
He has some confidence in him especially if he isn't going to go with cosentino who has been in his system for 4 years. Regardless this kid is 20 pounds lighter than perry. Our front 7 should eat this game

Advertisement
Back