How do you fix this offense?

Run more spread concepts and recruit or develop a LT. I think the rest of the OL is beginning to gel.
There is no gelling of this offensive line. The best solution is to design plays that work around the OL weaknesses.

Advertisement
I hate the undercenter PA as much as everyone else but at times it actually does work very well..

DJ TD - PA Screen
Pope Long Ball - PA deep pass
Brevin 40 Yd Gain Almost TD - PA TE Screen

There also a few times where is was a disaster (Zion whiff and Perry sacked with no chance to throw...). So it was hit or miss but some of our biggest plays were playaction. Take from that what you want..

Play action Enos needs to be his new name. That’s all that dude calls for fxck sake.

So many idiots here. Enos is our strength. Look at Perry’s development from last year. We put 35 and over 400 yards passing last week.. with a historically bad OL. Late in the 4th our short passing was open because we threatened them with deep balls. His play calling led us to victory in the 4th quarter.

But seriously with this bad of an OL he inherited what do you want him to do? UVA has a smart, disciplined defense and one of the nations best pass rushes. Yet they couldn’t stop us in the 4th. His play calling against UNC and VT was on point as well. The man has no offensive line!!!

You fans hating on Enos are just plain stupid and have no knowledge of how this game is played or coached.

Advertisement
So many idiots here. Enos is our strength. Look at Perry’s development from last year. We put 35 and over 400 yards passing last week.. with a historically bad OL. Late in the 4th our short passing was open because we threatened them with deep balls. His play calling led us to victory in the 4th quarter.

But seriously with this bad of an OL he inherited what do you want him to do? UVA has a smart, disciplined defense and one of the nations best pass rushes. Yet they couldn’t stop us in the 4th. His play calling against UNC and VT was on point as well. The man has no offensive line!!!

You fans hating on Enos are just plain stupid and have no knowledge of how this game is played or coached.
What has enos done as a oc? Dude had 1 solid offense in his career.

Move Scaife to LT and rotate Zion, Herbert, Dykstra and Campbell to RT until someone even proves to be somewhat human out there on the field.

Fire Dan Penos immediately and try to get someone like Derek Dooley or the OC from SMU on the cheap since thats all this school cares about is being cheap.

Fire Barry immediately and hire Romberg to see if he has any ability to coach an Oline.

Never force the QB to take his eyes off downfield by running god awful play actions ever again.
Romberg would literally beat the **** out of some of these kids for the stupid **** they do. If the weak *** admin is all about avoiding the "toxic masculinity" they will have armed guards with orders to shot Romberg on sight.

Advertisement
I dont think this offense is fix-able till this Oline gets exponentially better. Again, I think Enos' schemes/plays are fine -- but not with this current front that he has. That to me, is the biggest disappointment of his own performance -- his inability to realize this

What exactly is "proven" by Barry? The fact that he started Campbell at RT instead of Scaife against UF and is directly attributable to the loss? Or simply that he is gonna set an all time record of sacks given up in a season
So he was a Grad Asst. starting in 2002 and has been coaching since including the pro's... Is Coaching a line that was terrible before he got here and is patchworked together for the most part this season... And yes the O-line is bad but that's not entirely on him... But... What are Romberg's qualifications for Coaching?? Yea he was a player here... And??? He hosted a radio show here and showed up at camp a few times to help out... And??

He threw away from the coverage and one was overthrown, one was misjudged. They were both safe throws and easy to improve.
But he still missed on them. Overall I think Perry was a net positive last night and I think he should be the starter moving forward but if he hits on those deep balls that game is a laugher.

Advertisement
I hate the undercenter PA as much as everyone else but at times it actually does work very well..

DJ TD - PA Screen
Pope Long Ball - PA deep pass
Brevin 40 Yd Gain Almost TD - PA TE Screen

There also a few times where is was a disaster (Zion whiff and Perry sacked with no chance to throw...). So it was hit or miss but some of our biggest plays were playaction. Take from that what you want..
Play action can work if you actually run the ball occasionally. Enos is too pass happy and seems to not have a good feel for the game. If your qb and receivers are struggling, lean on the run and short passes to get the offense in rhythm. He finally did that late in the fourth but it took him too long.

Play action can work if you actually run the ball occasionally. Enos is too pass happy and seems to not have a good feel for the game. If your qb and receivers are struggling, lean on the run and short passes to get the offense in rhythm. He finally did that late in the fourth but it took him too long.

I agree but the run game has been doing Perry and Enos's playcalling no favors. Half our runs go for zero gain and then its 2nd or 3rd and long.

I agree but the run game has been doing Perry and Enos's playcalling no favors. Half our runs go for zero gain and then its 2nd or 3rd and long.
Then you mix in quick throws to the receivers at the line of scrimmage. Those are basically just long handoffs. They can get you a cheap 3 to 4 yards with little risk. Clemson does this to perfection. Enos needs to stop being stubborn and incorporate more spread concepts.

Advertisement
The offense continues to struggle because they recruit guys that have played in a spread their whole life and force them to play and learn in a pro-style.
The offense struggles because we have no line. Image, they're trying to force them to actually hit people, pro-style.

Hopefully Enos gets a heading coaching job next year because he is an unimpressive as an OC. The last drive was an indictment why Enos is a bumbling fool as he mismanaged the clock the entire drive which could have cost us the game.

Advertisement
Back