How do you fix this offense?

The first mistake was giving Enos authority over offensive staff hires. The second was letting Cleveland Reed bounce to the portal, starting Zion Nelson at LT for half the season has been a disaster.

Advertisement
I don’t have a problem with Enos’ offense at all

If it was with a completely different team with completely different personnel

The offense continues to struggle because they recruit guys that have played in a spread their whole life and force them to play and learn in a pro-style.
Totally agree. It is difficult these days to find HS teams that have the qb under center.

It really isn't that difficult, we just keep making it insanely hard on ourselves.

Our guys have success when we spread teams out and get our guys the ball quickly in space.

You have to believe that Enos has the knowledge to implement this, but for whatever reason, he won't.

It's going to take Manny getting involved in the offense and being very specific as to what he wants to see. As a former defensive coordinator he can't look at our offensive game plan and think to himself, "I would have difficulty defending this."

Agreed. Just like he went to Baker and announced “I’m calling play”, he needs to tell *****, “it’s either my **** or yours and I’m the Head Coach”!!! I can’t imagine Manny putting up with much of this any longer. If I was him I’d take the 2nd half film from Friday night and telling, no informing, ***** that he has to run that type of offense. He doesn’t like it? Hit the door and keep walking.

Pretty much exactly what Orgeron dealt with. Eddy hired Canada in 2017, his pro style shifts and motions offense was a ****, Coach O fired him and brought in a spread O OC.

Diaz can do the same by firing Enos and hiring Bedenbaugh. Diaz really should follow Coach O's blueprint in a lot of ways- new spread OC year 2 and stud DC to take pressure off him. Diaz isnt as good a recruiter, but he can hire good recruiters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back