How do you fix this offense?

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Besides firing Enos.

I mean jesus it's been 4 years of this. Lets say Manny's fixed the defense for now, you need something out of the offense if you're gonna get on a winning streak. It'd be nice if the offense did its part and would join the 21st century one of these years, so painful to watch. Just don't get it with the weapons we have.

Advertisement
You answered it. Enos is a really good QB coach, but as OC he cant help himself it seems. He doesnt care if he doesnt have oline for it, he wants to go under center and have long developing plays, even if he doesnt have a talented fullback and every time he trots one out there its almost always a negative play he will continue to use a fullback offense.

It pains me to see midwest teams like Okla, OSU, have more explosive wide open offenses than us, we are soo behind the curve. Teams like LSU who have more recent success, just finally got with times and IMMEDIATELY with their talent base have been lighting college football on fire with their wide open offense. 54 ppg. Through 5 games the most ever in sec. In one offseason. Ugh. Will continue to wait while we try to figure out the perfect combo of the ever elusive pro style full back in flats bro offense.

Advertisement
I don't think there is a "besides fire Enos." Dude has no feel for the game AT ALL and zero understanding of situational football that schemes toward player strengths.

Make Enos the token "we fired that ****** to prove we are serious about winning" sacrificial lamb in January.

Add Rumph, Banda, Stroud, Barry to that trash pile as well.

Advertisement
...Wisconsin of all teams, in 2011, went more spread concepts situationally under Paul Chryst with a bunch of slow plodding midwestern corn****ers (and Russell Wilson) than Dan Enos is doing with elite speed.

You're all right in theory. Now convince he-who-knows-more-than-you.

Besides firing Enos.

I mean jesus it's been 4 years of this. Lets say Manny's fixed the defense for now, you need something out of the offense if you're gonna get on a winning streak. It'd be nice if the offense did its part and would join the 21st century one of these years, so painful to watch. Just don't get it with the weapons we have.
Scheme is fine giving the circumstances..but You recruit along the oline and redshirt..every signee along the line in this class needs to RS that includes the boy from oak leef ..schematics be damned if you can’t block anyone..

Advertisement
Besides firing Enos.

1. Defense hasn't been fixed at all, we're just playing better guys and i'm not sure why it took this long.

2. The offensive problems start with the OL that has no push, poor communication, and doesn't move their feet well. It continues with a 1-read inaccurate QB in Perry, an unassertive QB without feel for the position in Jarren, and I'll withhold judgement on Tate but I know all 3 have mechanical issues as well. If our QBs had better deep-ball accuracy we'd have a better record and lot of posters wouldn't be complaining about the offensive scheme at all. As if you just need to line em up like Oklahoma or [insert successful offense here] and they'd just magically be able to execute those schemes or our QBs would miraculously become more accurate. Doesn't work that way.

The reason you "Just don't get it" is because your understanding and premise starts with, "Lets say Manny's fixed the defense for now".

Last edited:
Move Scaife to LT and rotate Zion, Herbert, Dykstra and Campbell to RT until someone even proves to be somewhat human out there on the field.

Fire Dan Penos immediately and try to get someone like Derek Dooley or the OC from SMU on the cheap since thats all this school cares about is being cheap.

Fire Barry immediately and hire Romberg to see if he has any ability to coach an Oline.

Never force the QB to take his eyes off downfield by running god awful play actions ever again.

Advertisement
Scheme is fine giving the circumstances..but You recruit along the oline and redshirt..every signee along the line in this class needs to RS that includes the boy from oak leef ..schematics be damned if you can’t block anyone..
Poor Nelson is utterly lost out there as well as the bungling at times from other guys on the line. Gaynor gets a technical penalty, THE ******* CENTER ??? Simple D line stunts that aren’t picked up, pedestrian blitzes more time then not that are disruptive or hit pay dirt. These guys need to ******* live in the film room. I believe a lack of talent can at times be compensated a bit for KNOWING WHAT THE **** YOU ARE DOING.

Move Scaife to LT and rotate Zion, Herbert, Dykstra and Campbell to RT until someone even proves to be somewhat human out there on the field.

Fire Dan Penos immediately and try to get someone like Derek Dooley or the OC from SMU on the cheap since thats all this school cares about is being cheap.

Fire Barry immediately and hire Romberg to see if he has any ability to coach an Oline.

Never force the QB to take his eyes off downfield by running god awful play actions ever again.
We don’t need to hire a **** soul for the sake of “seeing if he has an ability to coach. Proven hires only for now on

Yes, Enos is assuredly part of the problem. His play-calling is too cute at the wrong times and he is a fan of slow developing plays. But let us not ignore the elephant in the room: our pathetic offensive line.

sacks.png

We are dead last in the FBS in sacks allowed, at 28. The other teams who have allowed more than 20 are: Cal, Kent State, Akron, USF, and Syracuse. Dead last. And if you want to throw in QB hurries and other broken plays due to our OL allowing relentless pressure, our last place ranking is even worse than it appears. The OL coach must be fired and we need a serious infusion of talent on the OL. Our players are either slow (e.g. Donaldson) or lack the appropriate size (e.g. Nelson) for their respective positions. We shouldn't have to force feed 50 lbs onto a 2 star lineman to get him ready to start LT as a true freshman. That is ******* absurd and gets you these types of results.

Besides firing Enos.

Run more spread concepts and recruit or develop a LT. I think the rest of the OL is beginning to gel.

Advertisement
Back