How do we catch up to the elite programs?

Advertisement
I'm more worried about catching UNC right now.

The first step for Miami was going from unranked to Top 25. The next step is moving ahead of UNC, winning the Coastal and finishing Top 15. Keep stacking classes and then we can talk about the next level.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

U need a guy who will take advantage of the best recruiting backyard in the country
U basically just a need an elite talent evaluator like jimmy or butch Bc even if u don’t get the five stars all the time there are more than enough hidden gems to have an elite roster
We have way too many misses on the trail and way too often we take the wrong hidden gem
you mean a bottom-line guy with no gimmicks and an eye for elite talent, who can build a quality staff that coaches hard and develops players?

Get a luck shot great QB at the right time, flash in the pan type deal, and get it rolling from there.
That's wat happened with Clemson.
They were good, but when Deshaun showed up they rose above, then it just started rolling from there. Started pulling great recruiting classes and a bunch of top notch QBs and let the cream rise.

No, no, no; That’s very untrue. Clemson took off in Dabo’s 3.5th yr w/ Tahj Boyd. It went from Tahj to Deshaun, from Deshaun to Kelly, from Kelly to Trevor (by shear force) & now from Trevor to DJ.

Dabo has hit the mark on QB. Hopefully King will take another step & one of the pups will take us to that next level & we become a premier destination for the creme de la creme of QBs from all over the country.

Advertisement
Get a luck shot great QB at the right time, flash in the pan type deal, and get it rolling from there.
That's wat happened with Clemson.
They were good, but when Deshaun showed up they rose above, then it just started rolling from there. Started pulling great recruiting classes and a bunch of top notch QBs and let the cream rise.
It was actually Taj Boyd at QB, that turned that program around.

No, no, no; That’s very untrue. Clemson took off in Dabo’s 3.5th yr w/ Tahj Boyd. It went from Tahj to Deshaun, from Deshaun to Kelly, from Kelly to Trevor (by shear force) & now from Trevor to DJ.

Dabo has hit the mark on QB. Hopefully King will take another step & one of the pups will take us to that next level & we become a premier destination for the creme de la creme of QBs from all over the country.
Exactly

Advertisement
For starters, get rid of Manny and bring in Mario. Mario can undoubtedly build a better staff and recruit at a higher level. Two things you need to succeed. Plus, let’s be honest, nobody respects Cleats, even his players don’t. Dude was a a video tech turned coach.

Alabama just lost its OC and OL coach and it hires two NFL HCs... Were hiring a first time position coach as CB coach and our HC is calling plays. Clemson OC and DC constantly turns down NFL Coordinators job and Power 5 HC Gigs. You pair that with a Top 5 Class every year and it just seems impossible to reach that level..

The only way I see that happening is if you strike Gold with a Young Saban or Dabo type of HC. But even if you have that you need AD, Structure,Money and Support behind that. Will we even have that if we get a young elite HC? Would he even stay at Miami like Dabo or go elsewhere?
First you start off by convincing experience late round picks to stay in school and continue to develop while taking on young talented players from these elite schools that they can out smart with experience and out muscle with more time in a college strength program. That will give Miami the best chance to kick start a dormant program, once they start winning they will begin to attract even more talented players. Its amazing we are attracting 5 stars and top flight transfers right now just think how much better it would be if we could have recruited the O LIne, Linebacker, and Corner Back position on an elite level.

Advertisement
For starters, get rid of Manny and bring in Mario. Mario can undoubtedly build a better staff and recruit at a higher level. Two things you need to succeed. Plus, let’s be honest, nobody respects Cleats, even his players don’t. Dude was a a video tech turned coach.

L

M

F

A

O

We're talking Elites, I.e. lose none or 1 game a year. What they are now
During Boyd's time they never went to a National Ship.
Although I do not disagree that he brought them to a top 10 program.
Was a bit of a steady climb.

We're talking Elites, I.e. lose none or 1 game a year. What they are now
During Boyd's time they never went to a National Ship.
Although I do not disagree that he brought them to a top 10 program.
Was a bit of a steady climb.

Got u.

Advertisement
I don’t think Miami can hire their way to elite status to be honest. It’s going to take years of building in my opinion. The CFP has created a cycle of a handful of teams that make the playoffs which draws recruits which reinforces the cycle. The way things are structured there is really only one team per conference aside from the SEC. Clemson (ACC) OSU (B1G) Alabama + UGA/LSU (SEC) Oklahoma (XII) Notre Dame. Those teams account for 24 of 28 playoff spots (if my memory is correct).

I think it will take sustained 10+ win seasons and top 10 recruiting classes for 3-4 years to hang with those teams consistently. A hit on an elite qb changes that but that’s **** hard.

Alabama just lost its OC and OL coach and it hires two NFL HCs... Were hiring a first time position coach as CB coach and our HC is calling plays. Clemson OC and DC constantly turns down NFL Coordinators job and Power 5 HC Gigs. You pair that with a Top 5 Class every year and it just seems impossible to reach that level..

The only way I see that happening is if you strike Gold with a Young Saban or Dabo type of HC. But even if you have that you need AD, Structure,Money and Support behind that. Will we even have that if we get a young elite HC? Would he even stay at Miami like Dabo or go elsewhere?
First, you have to have institutional commitment.

Not many top coaches are coming to work for someone who their peers don’t respect.

People imagine this is so hard, but then you realize we’ve hired obviously incompetent HC after obviously incompetent HC. If the institution doesn’t want to win at football, you’re not going to compete with programs at Institutions that do want to compete at football.

U need a guy who will take advantage of the best recruiting backyard in the country
U basically just a need an elite talent evaluator like jimmy or butch Bc even if u don’t get the five stars all the time there are more than enough hidden gems to have an elite roster
We have way too many misses on the trail and way too often we take the wrong hidden gem
I’ll settle for a bad boy coach like Gundy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back