How do we catch up to the elite programs?

Outside of Alabama there may not be a single national champ this century who didn’t have elite qb play.

Plenty of teams were winning Natties like Alabama pre-Saban.

Take us for example, with the exception of Kosar, and maaaaaaaybe Erickson, the rest of our Natties were won with non-elites.

Advertisement
I'm not convinced Miami WANTS to catch up.

It's not a question of knowing what to do, it's a question of being unwilling to do what it takes.

They know how to build a winner. It's not hard. ****, Miami has won before. It's that they're happy being middle of the pack and not willing to commit to winning in any meaningful way.

If you're TRYING to win, you don't hire Blake James the ticket salesman to run your athletic department. You don't hire a green head coach and have half your football staff be first-time on the job. And I mean that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There's a mountain of evidence that shows Miami is perfectly happy being an average ACC Coastal team, and they have no strong desire to make any meaningful effort to improve.
This! All this! If us as fans can see it you would think they would see it. They ok being mediocre. When it starts hurting their pockets, thats when they blink an eye and that's not enough!

There have been 28 playoff games. 21 of them contained Clemson, Bama, or OSU. Translation: Nobody is catching up to the elites. The only way to do it is somehow lock down more of the talent here. Better players play better. But, it’s difficult without bags and winning. And winning is hard without recruits. Wash, rinse, repeat. None of this is new. But somehow they got James Williams and Leonard Taylor to stay home. 2 kids who traditionally would have gone to the SEC. Maybe somehow the tide is turning.

Here comes the Hecht mole ladies and gentlemen. He’s here to purely troll us to continue giving money to this amateur hour admin and puke 🤮 worthy program. Pay him no mind as I’ve already gotten him to admit he’s a Hecht mole sent here by flake James himself to tell us that Manny is NOT Manure and if he is, then manure DOESNT stink! Lmao guys just a “company man” following orders from a tranny fvcker with yellow teeth, that’s all CashManureCane is. And heres the prof below! 😎
View attachment 141699
What did I ever do to you?

Advertisement
Hire this guy as your AD

Ted_DiBiase_1.jpg

Advertisement
We should start by hiring good coaches and keeping them. We just lost Lockette to Marshall bc Manny didn’t have the nuts to fire his boy Patke.

1. Keep improving in the near future
2. Get your own stadium on or near the campus
3. Keep kids at home
4. With the above, will be a much more attractive job for any head coach

top 3 is really any order. This stadium deal to me is huge and I know there isn't a chance in ****. But it is hard to compete with those schools having those facilities. Not too often city schools are up there and I believe it has a lot to do with atmosphere.

Advertisement
Alabama just lost its OC and OL coach and it hires two NFL HCs... Were hiring a first time position coach as CB coach and our HC is calling plays. Clemson OC and DC constantly turns down NFL Coordinators job and Power 5 HC Gigs. You pair that with a Top 5 Class every year and it just seems impossible to reach that level..

The only way I see that happening is if you strike Gold with a Young Saban or Dabo type of HC. But even if you have that you need AD, Structure,Money and Support behind that. Will we even have that if we get a young elite HC? Would he even stay at Miami like Dabo or go elsewhere?
Clemsons IPTAY program is the model for how a smaller school in a conference like the ACC can have money and buy in from students and alumni.

1. We struck gold with Schnelly, Jimmy, Erickson, and Davis. We also had Janovich as AD, the guy fought tooth and nail for our program and made great hires. Your head coach matters most. He sets he pulse of the team and of course hires the assistant coaches who develop players. We have had a long string of mediocre coaches since Davis. We never had the money to compete with the Bamas of the world but we were known as a place that turned guys into NFL ready players and of course played the toughest prime time games and usually won them. That is what made good players go to Miami.

Advertisement
We’re not catching up until the BOT changes. You have to want to be the best, to be the best, and they don’t care. Championships be damned, they only care about the schools national prestig.

It comes down to what's fixable and what isn't. No, we're not going to magically overnight have an alumni base that isn't 1/10th the size of the big schools and be able to complete with them salary wise for coaches. No there's no chance we're going to get in into your bag game and even if we could afford to the NCAA would flay us in a heartbeat.

But we can improve on recruiting. Like I just said we're gonna lose out on some of the big time kids looking for bags but there are plenty of great players in our backyard we pass on that end up balling out at places like Louisville, Cincinnati, Kentucky, etc. This has been going on for like 15 years. That's within our control. Manufacturing money out of thin air and playing dirty pool are not realistic options.

Advertisement
Back