How do we catch up to the elite programs?

Buy tickets
Donate to the football program
Show up to games

Enough redundant threads
You start by never getting behind them, by hiring Donna Shalala, who came in and decided to make the football program the enemy! It’s simpls don’t make it academically harder for South Florida kids to get into your program!!!

Advertisement
Coaching staff stability is a major factor for us getting to where we need to go. This whole new head coach every 4 years thing aint gunna work.

I think it's funny that there's always a discussion about an on campus stadium. Inevitably, the discussion comes up about how the stadium was originally planned for where Lake Osceola currently sits, but if you back just a little further, you'll see that the lake was always planned, as shown by this artist rendering circa 1926.

UM_1926.jpg

Advertisement
This is an urban legend.
O
Bull**** every president in the last 30 years tried to kill this football program it’s well documented! Donna Shalala succeeded, prove me wrong Mr. Urban Legend!

Any kid who showed up to school and just tried is getting into UM.
Our academic standards are not crazy, just not nonexistent like they used to be

Last edited:
Once again, WHERE IS THIS MONEY SUPPOSED TO COME FROM? Hiring a better AD will help with fundraising(They will also get the most out of the funds we do have), but let's be honest with ourselves: we are at a significant financial disadvantage compared to larger schools. Amazing that the cheapest, least helpful fanbase in major college sports thinks that throwing money at the program will help, but they never throw money at the program, even when times are good.

I'm a huge Danny White fan, he gets the most out of every program under his watch, but he also realizes that you need financial help to compete in a college athletics world that has become a war of attrition.

This. This. And this again.

O

We only take a little of s quarter of our applicants at 27.13%, second lowest to USF-Sarasota-Manatee.

Advertisement
O

Donna Shalala raised the entry scores when she got to Miami Fact. A lot of South Florida kids couldn’t get into Miami for that reason fact. This program hasn’t been relevant since! Tell me where I’m wrong?

Donna Shalala raised the entry scores when she got to Miami Fact. A lot of South Florida kids couldn’t get into Miami for that reason fact. This program hasn’t been relevant since! Tell me where I’m wrong?
It's obvious that you don't know a **** thing about what you speak of. Never mind the inherently bigoted assumption that South Florida student athletes(IE Black kids) can't meet relatively easy admission standards, you also have a flawed understanding of HOW AND WHY the academic standards exist to begin with and the genesis of same.

Miami didn't raise the standards for admission, the NCAA lowered theirs, and Miami refused to change with them. Why? Because Miami, being a small, private institution, couldn't afford to create a ton of garbage majors merely to keep student-athletes eligible. Even our most jockish majors require you to take some actual college classes in order to progress through the major. In other words, Miami needs kids that can actually read and write at a collegiate level. The question that our admissions department asks is "Can this kid survive college level coursework, with world class academic support?" If the answer is no, then odds are that kid won't be admitted. Even then, there are exceptions granted for kids that are on the cusp.

Our "Fans" love to whine about academic standards, but can't name any kid that Miami denied admission that ended up at a school not named Marshall or West Virginia. If you can't qualify at Miami as a student-athlete, there are few and I mean few places you qualify for. It doesn't require a genius to meet the sliding scale requirements that Miami utilizes. Compare Miami's standards to Stanford's, where you have to qualify as a regular student, no exceptions are given.

That said, note how Shannon, Golden, Richt and Diaz didn't have the problems with the academic standards that Coker claimed to have? Why? They worked with admissions to create roadmaps for at risk kids, giving those kids a clear path to gaining admission. Kid follows the roadmap, they were usually admitted, unless some sketchy crap happened. Coker was a lazy douchebag that thought that whining would get the standards lowered. It didn't, because this University actually gives a **** about giving these young men a fighting chance out in the real world. As an alum, I take pride in the fact that Miami graduates student-athletes at a rate that exceeds the national average. Go ask the guys that didn't play in the NFL, but ended up with degrees whether that degree mattered....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back