How do we catch up to the elite programs?

Advertisement
90% of the fanbase has literally nothing to do with the university and doesn't spend a dime on it.

If you want to catch up, write a check. Period. End of story.

If you're unwilling to do that, stop b!tching or find another team.

Here's a thought for you, Starter....

Maybe some people want to know that their money is gonna be well-spent before doling it out.

Maybe if they want more donations, Blake James isn't the best guy to send out in to the world, hat in hand.

Seems ******* obvious to me, but some people are slower to catch on.

History has shown that its not another CFB team Miami needs to worry about poaching their HC's its the NFL. No amount of money will change that.

Buy tickets
Donate to the football program
Show up to games

Enough redundant threads

I'll say something similar to you as to the last guy...

Maybe if they showed some modicum of actually giving a ****, more people would donate and show up to games.

The last time I donated to UM athletics was for the indoor practice facility. Because that had an actual purpose. I'm not writing a blank check for Blake James to turn around and give Manny an extension or renew our rent at Rental Field.

Hire an AD who can manage and a coach who can coach, and people will be more inspired.

Advertisement
Alabama just lost its OC and OL coach and it hires two NFL HCs... Were hiring a first time position coach as CB coach and our HC is calling plays. Clemson OC and DC constantly turns down NFL Coordinators job and Power 5 HC Gigs. You pair that with a Top 5 Class every year and it just seems impossible to reach that level..

The only way I see that happening is if you strike Gold with a Young Saban or Dabo type of HC. But even if you have that you need AD, Structure,Money and Support behind that. Will we even have that if we get a young elite HC? Would he even stay at Miami like Dabo or go elsewhere?
well never be where clemson and bama are in terms of money and care. we were incredibly lucky to be even this in our history. just be competitive bc we get more than enough talent to do so and contend for a playoff every four years

I'll say something similar to you as to the last guy...

Maybe if they showed some modicum of actually giving a ****, more people would donate and show up to games.

The last time I donated to UM athletics was for the indoor practice facility. Because that had an actual purpose. I'm not writing a blank check for Blake James to turn around and give Manny an extension or renew our rent at Rental Field.

Hire an AD who can manage and a coach who can coach, and people will be more inspired.
LOL people wont donate even if were the best team on earth. miami is treated as a pro team in miami and the level of care isnt what it is at big time state schools. on top of that we have a small alumni base for a big time football program that isnt infatuated with the athletics. youre a horrific Poster who's never visited UM based on your stadium discussion.

90% of the fanbase has literally nothing to do with the university and doesn't spend a dime on it.

If you want to catch up, write a check. Period. End of story.

If you're unwilling to do that, stop b!tching or find another team.

this. when you rely on an already small local fanbase that doesnt have the disposable income to donate to UM outside of tickets and have to compete w other major sports (pro teams) for their dollars, its going to be tough. compound it with a small alumni base that doesnt give back nearly enough. people have to stop thinking that well ever get to bama and clemson in terms of support and power. well never be there and get there. we were lucky in the 80s and thanks to some awesome development and team building in the mid 00s. we can try to replicate the butch model (meh on game days but impressive talent evaluator) and build up our roster (i love our recent classes right now) consistently in order to contend for a playoff

Advertisement
LOL people wont donate even if were the best team on earth. miami is treated as a pro team in miami and the level of care isnt what it is at big time state schools. on top of that we have a small alumni base for a big time football program that isnt infatuated with the athletics. youre a horrific Poster who's never visited UM based on your stadium discussion.

**** man...we don't even need to be good. I was ready to write a check when I thought we were hiring a real DC. And then Miami went all Miami on me and retained everyone.... even Rumph for Christ's sake.... and that check went right back in the drawer.

I'm not throwing money down the drain. I'm not funding laziness and complacency.

I have too much faith in people sometimes. I expect excellence. I thought Miami was making moves, but it turns out Manny is just Al Golden with a lisp.

Mack loves making these doom and gloom threads. The “fans” unrealistic expectations that a coach is going to have us on that level in a season or 2 is what makes this board such a miserable place.

I really think some of you all would be a lot happier if you just went and rooted for Bama and/or Clemson

How do you catch up to the elite programs? You don't.

You run your athletic department competently and hope the landscape shifts again. At this point, there's really not much Miami, or schools like Miami, can do to beat the handful of teams that not only have crazy $, but are smart in the way that they spend it.

In fact, since the ACC's TV deal is second-worst in the power-5, and the gulf between the 'premier' teams and everyone else is just continuing to grow exponentially...

D$ is correct, you try to beat the Wisconsins and the UNCs (the smart, mid-tier teams)...but not because that is the first step...but because that's the ceiling.

Advertisement
I'm more worried about catching UNC right now.

The first step for Miami was going from unranked to Top 25. The next step is moving ahead of UNC, winning the Coastal and finishing Top 15. Keep stacking classes and then we can talk about the next level.
I mean UNC kicked our ***, but they also lost to FSU. Miami needs work before they're ready to even run things in the Coastal, but I'm not convinced UNC has all their **** together either.

King can't reach Watson's jock strap let alone carry it
Not saying that. King is a top 10 returning QB in college football though and Miami should be competing at a top 10 level with him next year with King and a wealth of talent returning. So there is the potential a page turning season can happen. We shall see what Manny and Feeley can build this offseason.

Advertisement
Alabama just lost its OC and OL coach and it hires two NFL HCs... Were hiring a first time position coach as CB coach and our HC is calling plays. Clemson OC and DC constantly turns down NFL Coordinators job and Power 5 HC Gigs. You pair that with a Top 5 Class every year and it just seems impossible to reach that level..

The only way I see that happening is if you strike Gold with a Young Saban or Dabo type of HC. But even if you have that you need AD, Structure,Money and Support behind that. Will we even have that if we get a young elite HC? Would he even stay at Miami like Dabo or go elsewhere?
What's your favorite bar on a Tuscaloosa gameday?

honestly, the team we should look to copy is ND. theyre never going to be the elite team but they compete once every four five years for a playoff.

You answered your own question to end the first paragraph...

Advertisement
Back