HOT TAKE: WR Lawrence Cager will be the next to transfer

Richards has size, but he's not a "big" WR. Larry Cager is a monster. Looks like a giant compared to the other WRs.

Advertisement
I heard he was beasting til he got hurt.

Hopefully you meant the other kind of beasting.. not the Kelvin Benjamin route.

maxresdefault.jpg

Who is that guy? Sorry I'm still kinda new around here

Your worst nightmare, *****!

Irrefutable. (Note: Check the name of the guy he responded to in order to appreciate the gag).

Advertisement
Richards has size, but he's not a "big" WR. Larry Cager is a monster. Looks like a giant compared to the other WRs.

Richards filled the role last season quite well, albeit with much different personnel. This isn't a knock on Cager, and I do think he'll have chances on vertical routes. What I see as his possible downfall is how dynamic these other guys appear to be. Richards at split end with Thomas, Dallas, Harley, Mullins at flanker just seems like it makes more sense unless Cager emerges as a complete WR all of a suddenly and not some stiff who has trouble catching balls.

According to CMR he doesn't play like a big receiver. I guess he has alligator arms going across the middle

According to CMR he doesn't play like a big receiver. I guess he has alligator arms going across the middle

CMR challenged he and Langham for that reason throughout spring 2016.

Langham appears to have responded a bit. We'll see with Cager.

Richards filled the role last season quite well, albeit with much different personnel. This isn't a knock on Cager, and I do think he'll have chances on vertical routes. What I see as his possible downfall is how dynamic these other guys appear to be. Richards at split end with Thomas, Dallas, Harley, Mullins at flanker just seems like it makes more sense unless Cager emerges as a complete WR all of a suddenly and not some stiff who has trouble catching balls.

let it go it's getting worse every poRst

Advertisement

let it go it's getting worse every poRst

Was Richards not the split end last year? I'm stating facts.

While I expect Chris Herndon to have a huge year, I have a feeling we are going to shift to a more traditional slot player (as opposed to having Njoku out there quite often). I think we have Richards and then either Mullins or Cager on the other side and have Thomas/Harley/Berrios/Dallas working in the slot.

Hopefully we stop using Berrios on the outside, never been a fan of that and I don't think it suites his strengths well.

Ok you guys are right. I guess black rappers really don't talk about Hennessey and Scarface in every other verse.

Waiting for you to say you are being funny here or being sarcastic because this **** aint funny..if this is some kind of inside joke then fine.

While I expect Chris Herndon to have a huge year, I have a feeling we are going to shift to a more traditional slot player (as opposed to having Njoku out there quite often). I think we have Richards and then either Mullins or Cager on the other side and have Thomas/Harley/Berrios/Dallas working in the slot.

Hopefully we stop using Berrios on the outside, never been a fan of that and I don't think it suites his strengths well.

Herndon will be on the field on every play imo. Sometimes lined up tight, other times flexed out wide.

Given our situation at TE I hope that we'll see significantly less double-tight sets with a true slot receiver on the field more often than a fullback.

Advertisement
Ok you guys are right. I guess black rappers really don't talk about Hennessey and Scarface in every other verse.

Waiting for you to say you are being funny here or being sarcastic because this **** aint funny..if this is some kind of inside joke then fine.

I associate Hennessey with black people and whites who emulate black culture. Sorry not sorry.

Richards, Mullins, Harris, Dallas, Thomas, Harley, Njoku is quite a WR haul through two cycles.

Cager will get lost in the wash and transfer after the 2017 season.

Hope he proves me wrong.

let's go canes!!

What????? This guy is the biggest WR you will come across. Have you been next to him. Kid is huge and fast.

I associate Hennessey with black people and whites who emulate black culture. Sorry not sorry.

LOL. Said the guy who starts threads about **** nobody gives a ***** about. So we **** sure dont give a ***** about what you think black people drink. Stick to your HOT TAKES and POWER RANKINGS and leave the comedy act to Franchise.

Advertisement
Barring injury, he'll be starting on the outside looking in

fify

You just criticized down-voters for having no retort, but this was a legit response and you follow it inanely...?

Why would you pick Cager to transfer before Langham or Harris when he's a superior athlete to both by far, there's no depth chart, and he hasn't had the opportunity to compete since his injury? Also, who would give him a scholly when he hasn't been cleared for full contact? A little premature don't you think?

The reasons I think it could be Cager instead of Langham or Harris:

1) Harris was brought here by Richt/Dugans

2) decent chance Langham gets a look at TE imo

3) the entire premise of my original post is that we now have so many options that someone's bound to get lost in the shuffle. With that in mind, I'll go with the guy who's coming off an injury and who was challenged by Richt repeatedly the last time he was practicing. Cager appears to be a likeable guy, so I don't think it'll be a doghouse thing. But I could see him looking around at Richards, Thomas, Dallas, Harley, Mullins after 2017 and asking "where do I fit in here"?

LOL. Said the guy who starts threads about **** nobody gives a ***** about. So we **** sure dont give a ***** about what you think black people drink. Stick to your HOT TAKES and POWER RANKINGS and leave the comedy act to Franchise.

If you don't give a **** about what I think black people drink then why am I talking to you right now?

If you don't give a **** about what I think black people drink then why am I talking to you right now?

**** Rok... You think all black ppl drink hennessey?

**** Rok... You think all black ppl drink hennessey?

I guess this is what folks would rather discuss during the offseason.

To each their own.

Advertisement
Back