Hope, Golden and talent evals

I can't wait for the whole **** roster to be overhauled

The roster didn't/doesn't need to be over hauled. All these other so called "real" coaches like tressel, saban, stoops etc were able to take the talent at hand and add to it. We have yet to see that from Golden in a way it needs to be seen. Hopefully that changes this year.

wrong. the whole roster does need to be overhauled except for maybe OL.

we don't have the proper depth at any position.

The roster doesn't need to be over hualed. Golden needs to add to the talent already at hand like any other championship coach.

Advertisement
Nites, i swear, your a waste of sperm. Your boy Shantard was more inept than leisure suit larry. Our secondary last year was absolutely trash, why do you think that is? You say we have talent on D? Other than Spence, which of shannons tards actually played well??

:rollcanes:

Nites cant help it. He's still dumb enough to come up with the talent garbage to crucify Golden. What the **** good is all that supposed "talent" when they play like absolute PUSS*ES on the field? Shammin's kids are notorious for being a bunch of cowardly underachieving unfocused punks on the field, then turning into combine warriors just in time to get paid by the NFL. lol. Not all, but a whole shi*load of them. Biggest bunch of puss*es i've ever seen walk through this program - lions off the field when the lights are out, puss8es on the field when it mattered the most.

I'm not at all disagreeing with you, but I remember when we thought those kids were going to be the next big thing at UM. Fans booed current players and cheered when the MNW crew entered the recruiting section in the OB back in 07...funny in a sad way, how things turned out. Now you think it's pretty much the same again, but I don't know that for a fact (the booing/cheering). Ironic... :(

Hope it turns out much differently for Golden's players.

Talent development and the culture here helped those guys fail.

I think the environment and how hard you are expected to work is already improved. I think you will see this staff as better talent developers also.

You don't have talent development issues when you have 10 all acc performers, a bunch of guys drafted with some playing/starting in the NFL. Miami lost games b/c of other issues (overall coaching issues/ turnovers etc).

One thing that made me comfortable with Hope is that Nebraska and Wisconsin were after him. Really like how those two schools evaluate.

I just hope Golden can develop Miami's front seven the way he did with Temple. Those teams had big, athletic defenses.

It seems to me AG is trying to go away from the smaller athletic type of defenses that fly to the ball... Seems he is going after the bigger stronger athletic types that go through a block rather than around it. tired of these small DT 6-1, 280lbs we need 6-4, 300 as a freshman... thats how Alabama, Auburn, and everyone in the SEC, Big 12, & Big 10 recruit. Even FSU is starting to recruit bigger... I think AG see's that and is trying to fix that. Porter is 6-1 300 something as well as Smith. Briscoe is 6-4 300lbs Avery is well still a lil short but he is already 310... so its just a matter of time and we have a big DT class coming in next year... hopefully. The LB corp is getting bigger. Buchannon is 6-1, 222lbs... he is Shannons recruit... perryman, kirby are 225lbs and Cain, Johnson, Gains, and Paul are all over 230lbs strong and physical. so he is moving in the right direction... I am liking what we are trying to do for the 2013 class, especially at DT and LB. We need to get Deeb though he is 6-3 230lbs and by the time he gets to Miami, thats if he comes, he can play between 240 and 250lb MLB... We currected our problems with CB but need 2 saftey's next year, hoping for Carter and Burns. I think we are good with DE we can add 1 more though, think it might be Sherit or Bell. after this next years class then i feel they can start to recruit an even roster across the board. IMO we are looking good for the future!

Nites needs to STFU. Walked into a good situation? Our D was **** last year, probably the least talented D I have ever seen at Miami. So many underperforming, country club kids.

Miami's defense had just as good or more talent than every offense it faced last year. If that's the least talented defense you've ever seen at miami then you don't know much about Miami football which is what I suspected

Are you on drugs?

How can you, supposedly seriously, state that Miami's D had equal or better talent than FSU and VT last season? Also, it'd be pretty easy to argue that at the time of the Maryland game, their offense was more talented than our D. For the same reason, I'm not including Ohio St. At the time of the game, the bulk of their weapons on O were suspended.

Additionally, your point about championship coaches turning teams around. Please list those who produced significant improvements from a W-L perspective in the first season.

LMAO @ "i'd be pretty easy to argue 2-10 maryland had more talent on O at the time of the game". 2-10 maryland? LMFAO. We'll see how many guys from each group makes nfl rosters. VT and FSU didn't have anything special in 2011. VT had david wilson and biykin was alright.

Nights refuses to believe that the entire program has been a clusterfark. Top to bottom.

This year will be year one of major overhaul.

Advertisement
Nites, i swear, your a waste of sperm. Your boy Shantard was more inept than leisure suit larry. Our secondary last year was absolutely trash, why do you think that is? You say we have talent on D? Other than Spence, which of shannons tards actually played well??

Nites cant help it. He's still dumb enough to come up with the talent garbage to crucify Golden. What the **** good is all that supposed "talent" when they play like absolute PUSS*ES on the field? Shammin's kids are notorious for being a bunch of cowardly underachieving unfocused punks on the field, then turning into combine warriors just in time to get paid by the NFL. lol. Not all, but a whole shi*load of them. Biggest bunch of puss*es i've ever seen walk through this program - lions off the field when the lights are out, puss8es on the field when it mattered the most.

I'm not at all disagreeing with you, but I remember when we thought those kids were going to be the next big thing at UM. Fans booed current players and cheered when the MNW crew entered the recruiting section in the OB back in 07...funny in a sad way, how things turned out. Now you think it's pretty much the same again, but I don't know that for a fact (the booing/cheering). Ironic... :(

I think the environment and how hard you are expected to work is already improved. I think you will see this staff as better talent developers also.

You don't have talent development issues when you have 10 all acc performers, a bunch of guys drafted with some playing/starting in the NFL. Miami lost games b/c of other issues (overall coaching issues/ turnovers etc).

Miami had only 3 all acc players in 2011 and only 1 first teamer in Spence. Clemson had 9 and VTech had 8.

That was the Sr season of the 08 class that was suppose to be the best class in the nation

I suppose that stat is meaningless now that it doesn't back up your ridiculous claim.

Last year, Scott was a kid many of the same guys thought was a huge reach, and he seems to have stepped up.

Many of those "same guys" thought Scott was the sleeper.

EDIT: Were you thinking perhaps of Carter or D'Mauri Jones? Because I do remember a lot of criticism from posters over those takes.

Nope. Scott. My recollection is fish and mf weren't optimistic on him.

Pretty sure fish thought Scott was talented. He said that Scott´s gamefilm was pretty much a highlight reel and that he would have been much higher rated if he had gone to Palm Bay Senior HS instead of the tiny private school.

That was my recollection as well. Other gurus thought the same as well. D'Mauri on the other hand...

Nites needs to STFU. Walked into a good situation? Our D was **** last year, probably the least talented D I have ever seen at Miami. So many underperforming, country club kids.

Miami's defense had just as good or more talent than every offense it faced last year. If that's the least talented defense you've ever seen at miami then you don't know much about Miami football which is what I suspected

Are you on drugs?

How can you, supposedly seriously, state that Miami's D had equal or better talent than FSU and VT last season? Also, it'd be pretty easy to argue that at the time of the Maryland game, their offense was more talented than our D. For the same reason, I'm not including Ohio St. At the time of the game, the bulk of their weapons on O were suspended.

Additionally, your point about championship coaches turning teams around. Please list those who produced significant improvements from a W-L perspective in the first season.

LMAO @ "i'd be pretty easy to argue 2-10 maryland had more talent on O at the time of the game". 2-10 maryland? LMFAO. We'll see how many guys from each group makes nfl rosters. VT and FSU didn't have anything special in 2011. VT had david wilson and biykin was alright.

Laff your *** off all you want. Who, from that defense, that day, was our stellar talent that will be playing on Sundays?

FSU didn't have anyone special on offense. Are you contending we did have something special on D? They did have, however, three backs (their top, three, not some two carry stat anomaly) who averaged over 4.5 YPC, and their top three receivers all went for better than 15 YPR. EJM had a QBR of 150+. The only player who piled up any decent stats on our D was Spence.

VT did have something special. Most sites have him the second or third best TB in the draft. Who from that D will go in the top 3 of his position?

Your statement was something to the effect of 'We didn't play one O that was more talented.' David Wilson alone proves you wrong.

Absolute garbage. lol. Shammin left behind a rotting pile of sewage, a culture of laziness, selfishness, and complacency that destroyed this program's soul. Where the **** was all this alleged talent when it really mattered on gameday???? lol. Shammin's pile of turds are great for wowing NFL scouts at combines. But they were PUSS*ES on the field when it mattered to the program.

Advertisement

Absolute garbage. lol. Shammin left behind a rotting pile of sewage, a culture of laziness, selfishness, and complacency that destroyed this program's soul. Where the **** was all this alleged talent when it really mattered on gameday???? lol. Shammin's pile of turds are great for wowing NFL scouts at combines. But they were PUSS*ES on the field when it mattered to the program.

forgetting that one of the first things Shannon had the team do as a whole when he took over was to get in shape. Coker had the guys fat and lazy. Shannon got them in shape and went from 5 to 7 to 9 wins before 2010 went down the drains with the Whipple issues. That team was stacked and ready to be the ACC title winners. Shoot, even with the Whipple implosion the team probably wins another couple of games if Jacory doesn't get concussed. And the team was loaded with guys at each position - transfers, suspensions and switching of positions took a lot of the depth that was created away.

I would side more with the optimists that see tangible results - such as the # of players that can now hit 225 30 times, tempo, all them players know physiciality will keep you on or off the filed etc
The All Junior O-Line needs to be the beasts for the team and will this team to victory - you 5/6 know who you are
LB needs to be all out war for each spot and if a player is showing special talens (LB/DE hybrids) get them on the filed cause we need disruption - scheme here needs to rely on 3-4 D fronts if Chick is our only DE
If 3 SR DB's cant get the scheme down and cover their zones effectivly, they gotta go before the season starts

Would we have seen Morris throw some INT last week, this Friday? I am inclined to say YES - so keep your INT down and you will stand out - throw them Morris when you come back and that will be noticed (and this is key)

Offense comes down to decision making and O-Line play - as simple as that - we have always had playmakers
Defense - hit someone hard, and hit them harder the next play and get off the field - like Golden said - "A 3 and out is essentially like a turnover"

I'm still grading Morris on a curve sincce he got ****ed and had his RS (which he really needed) pulled when J12 got knocked loopy in VA and it was obvious that Whipple sired a QB that wouldn't start in peewee ball in Alaska. He needs to improve, no doubt, but with another year in the system, can still prove that he belongs.

forgetting that one of the first things Shannon had the team do as a whole when he took over was to get in shape. Coker had the guys fat and lazy. Shannon got them in shape and went from 5 to 7 to 9 wins before 2010 went down the drains with the Whipple issues. That team was stacked and ready to be the ACC title winners. Shoot, even with the Whipple implosion the team probably wins another couple of games if Jacory doesn't get concussed. And the team was loaded with guys at each position - transfers, suspensions and switching of positions took a lot of the depth that was created away.

lol. Shannon took over a 7-6 team and went 28-22 with it. He didnt do jack shi*. His teams were even WORSE than Coker's pathetic late tenure squads. Coker won 9 games or more in EVERY SEASON except for 2006. Shammin NEVER won more than 9 games and only did it ONCE. Coker NEVER ended a season with only 5 wins. Coker's worst seasons (2004-2006) were better than Shammin's in EVERY RESPECT, overall record, ACC record, bowls, etc. This is not even counting Coker's best seasons where he won with Butchs players.

I could tell you were a Shammin slurper by your other posts and this post just confirms it.

Advertisement

lol. Shannon took over a 7-6 team and went 28-22 with it. He didnt do jack shi*. His teams were even WORSE than Coker's pathetic late tenure squads. Coker won 9 games or more in EVERY SEASON except for 2006. Shammin NEVER won more than 9 games and only did it ONCE. Coker NEVER ended a season with only 5 wins. Coker's worst seasons (2004-2006) were better than Shammin's in EVERY RESPECT, overall record, ACC record, bowls, etc. This is not even counting Coker's best seasons where he won with Butchs players.

I could tell you were a Shammin slurper by your other posts and this post just confirms it.

ain't no slurpin. dumb *** way of putting things cause you can't make an argument. Coker was a former OC who couldn't sign WRs or QBs. You know the reason the team was winning 9 games a season wasn't cause of Dan Werner, Rich Olson, or whoever else was running that offense at the time. Was the defense keeping us in games. we had a roster that included 4 scholarship WRs (two of which became CBs and 1 became a safety in the pros) and two QBs Kyle and Kirby. If you couldn't see the team was in a lot better shape physically and numbers/depth wise from when Shannon started to when he finished you just ain't being honest about things.

and I was someone who was telling people about Golden before he was even on the radar (at least before he ever got mentioned for the job). I got nothing but respect for Golden. I just can't say the same for his DC. I like Fisch, though. The DC came in saying players before plays and then. Then implements a system that emphasizes strength when we got a lot of smaller guys up front. We had guys looking like they could play for 2 years that looked HORRIBLE last year. If was players than plays you'd see them struggling so bad and try to do more things that were done in the past while you transition to the type of defense you want- always a transition period anyway. So yeah there are multiple posts by me questioning moving guys from DL to TE or OL when we got no depth on the DL. And probably saw me saying there is no guarantee things are on the up...cause there really isn't. I think if things are played right we can have a real solid, ball control offense cause I like the OL and TEs and think Morris can do big things this year. But need to play to the strength of what we have on the roster right now - we didn't do that defensively last year. Offensively, was hard once it became obvious Miller's shoulder was banged up and Mike James had a turf toe issue early in the season and it hardly was mentioned but I've never heard a guy get better while playing thru turf toe. So have to think some of his ineffectiveness last year was due to that. Plus last year the LT spot became an issue and once Feliciano got banged up RT became an issue too. so yeah i got cautious optimism. not sure what's wrong with that. you can slurp on the new coaches, on coker, on your fellow man -thats on you. i call it like i see it no matter good or bad.

Count me as someone who doesn't think the team was much better off when Shannon took over to when he finished. One of the 1st things Golden said was the team was weak physically. You also could say that Shannon was a DC that couldn't recruit DBs, **** the whole defense that was leftover last year was a mess. No quality CB, S, DT, etc.

Miami had only 3 all acc players in 2011 and only 1 first teamer in Spence. Clemson had 9 and VTech had 8.

That was the Sr season of the 08 class that was suppose to be the best class in the nation

I suppose that stat is meaningless now that it doesn't back up your ridiculous claim.

Miami had 10 all acc guys in 2010. 2011 is on Golden especially since some of the same guys who recieved alla cc honors in 2010 didn't get any recognition in 2011.

LMAO @ your comment about the 08 supposedly being the best in the nation. Meaningless. It's just a projection.

So again, talent development wasn't the problem under shannon especially since he had 10 all acc guys his last year. Shannon had other oaching issues that are obviously oblivious to you which is why you threw out the ole "talent development" internet cliche.

Advertisement

Silly to compare what coker inherited to what shannon inherited. Not even close to being the same.

Count me as someone who doesn't think the team was much better off when Shannon took over to when he finished. One of the 1st things Golden said was the team was weak physically. You also could say that Shannon was a DC that couldn't recruit DBs, **** the whole defense that was leftover last year was a mess. No quality CB, S, DT, etc.

Show me where zgolden said the team was weak? I don't remember hearing that. Shannon couldn't recruit db's? Didn't he just have a couple db's drafted and Miami pass defense finsih in the top 10 last year? Also weren't 3 of the 4 starting db's named on the all acc team? Hows that for recruiting db's?

The product on the field for 2011 is partially golden's fault since he couldn't bring in an impact guy ike most other championship coaches do. Saban brought in Kareem Jackson, Tressel moved Gamble to DB, Stoops brought in derrick Strait......Golden brought in Mike Williams???? Not real hard to see the difference.

Pay attention to the rest of cfb.

Coker won 9 games when he should have been winning 11. Coker encapsulated the old line "the quickest way to become worth a million dollars is to start out with two million." Coker took a Ferrari and turned it into a Jetta. Shannon just took the Jetta and didn't do anything with it. All of our current problems started under Coker. Shannon didn't fix any of them but make no mistake, this program was a disaster when he took it over.

Show me where zgolden said the team was weak? I don't remember hearing that. Shannon couldn't recruit db's? Didn't he just have a couple db's drafted and Miami pass defense finsih in the top 10 last year? Also weren't 3 of the 4 starting db's named on the all acc team? Hows that for recruiting db's?

The product on the field for 2011 is partially golden's fault since he couldn't bring in an impact guy ike most other championship coaches do. Saban brought in Kareem Jackson, Tressel moved Gamble to DB, Stoops brought in derrick Strait......Golden brought in Mike Williams???? Not real hard to see the difference.

Pay attention to the rest of cfb.

he has only said this over and over again since he was hired (he even made a comment related to strength and conditioning when he was watching the Alamo bowl fiasco vs. the Lamers)

Advertisement
Back