Hope, Golden and talent evals

The product on the field for 2011 is partially golden's fault since he couldn't bring in an impact guy ike most other championship coaches do. Saban brought in Kareem Jackson, Tressel moved Gamble to DB, Stoops brought in derrick Strait......Golden brought in Mike Williams???? Not real hard to see the difference.

Pay attention to the rest of cfb.

Take your own advice.

None of the coaches you mentioned produced significant turnarounds in the win-loss column in year 1. Not one of them.

Stoops won seven games his first year at OU.
Saban won 7.
Tresseel won 7.

Ignoring that, your examples are ****. Derek Strait's first year at OU was Bob Stoops' second. Kind of like, ya know, Tracy Howard's first year at Miami will be Golden's second. Saban - as has been covered many times here - is a horrible comparison. The man coached in the NFL and won a title LSU. He had more pull in his first year at Bammer than perhaps any other coach in history rebuilding a program. Moving Gamble to DB? That, also, happened during Tressel's second year running the Suckeyes.

So, your examples include one situation that's completely useless (Saban), one that actually compares very favorably to Golden (Stoops), and one that's flat out incorrect (Tressel). Great job, hoss. I know you're trolling, but I had to address to larger point. In case someone else falls for your tripe.

I guess of you can't see the whole picture just make up one and write a post about it. (((YAWN)))

All those coaches I mentioned brought in impact guys that added to the talent that was already on hand. That statement is irrefutable. If you want to look at it yearly then you have Torrance Marshall, Quntin Griffith from OU and AA K Mike Nugent from osu*. No matter how you look at it those coaches brought in impact players rather wanna realize it or not.

**** Stoops even brought in heupel who almost won the heisman.

Again, talking about w/l's is the shallow approach which fails to relate to the bigger picture.

I see the picture just fine.

Now we're looking at it yearly? If we weren't doing that before, are you implying that there are zero impact players in the new class?

And did you just use a kicker to validate bringing in 'impact layers?'. Since OSU won an absurd amount of games by slight margins in 02, I guess that makes sense. But are you seriously trying to argue that people thought Knugent was an 'impact player' when he signed with OSU? Seriously. Most of that 2001 class were holdovers from Cooper, anyway.

But the picture is that your argument is pretty baseless right now. How are we supposed to know whether any of the players Golden has brought in to date are impact or not? Again, no one - aside from Leach - knew Heupel would be a player at the time. His other offers were New Mexico and Utah St. We're in year 1.5 of Golden's tenure. It's entirely possible that he's already brought in 'impact players' and we don't know it yet. It's impossible to disprove your ****** point entirely, but it's equally impossible for you to prove it.

Biscuits you just blew up his **** so bad that he referenced a kicker as a game changer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The product on the field for 2011 is partially golden's fault since he couldn't bring in an impact guy ike most other championship coaches do. Saban brought in Kareem Jackson, Tressel moved Gamble to DB, Stoops brought in derrick Strait......Golden brought in Mike Williams???? Not real hard to see the difference.

Pay attention to the rest of cfb.

Take your own advice.

None of the coaches you mentioned produced significant turnarounds in the win-loss column in year 1. Not one of them.

Stoops won seven games his first year at OU.
Saban won 7.
Tresseel won 7.

Ignoring that, your examples are ****. Derek Strait's first year at OU was Bob Stoops' second. Kind of like, ya know, Tracy Howard's first year at Miami will be Golden's second. Saban - as has been covered many times here - is a horrible comparison. The man coached in the NFL and won a title LSU. He had more pull in his first year at Bammer than perhaps any other coach in history rebuilding a program. Moving Gamble to DB? That, also, happened during Tressel's second year running the Suckeyes.

So, your examples include one situation that's completely useless (Saban), one that actually compares very favorably to Golden (Stoops), and one that's flat out incorrect (Tressel). Great job, hoss. I know you're trolling, but I had to address to larger point. In case someone else falls for your tripe.

I guess of you can't see the whole picture just make up one and write a post about it. (((YAWN)))

All those coaches I mentioned brought in impact guys that added to the talent that was already on hand. That statement is irrefutable. If you want to look at it yearly then you have Torrance Marshall, Quntin Griffith from OU and AA K Mike Nugent from osu*. No matter how you look at it those coaches brought in impact players rather wanna realize it or not.

**** Stoops even brought in heupel who almost won the heisman.

Again, talking about w/l's is the shallow approach which fails to relate to the bigger picture.

I see the picture just fine.

Now we're looking at it yearly? If we weren't doing that before, are you implying that there are zero impact players in the new class?

And did you just use a kicker to validate bringing in 'impact layers?'. Since OSU won an absurd amount of games by slight margins in 02, I guess that makes sense. But are you seriously trying to argue that people thought Knugent was an 'impact player' when he signed with OSU? Seriously. Most of that 2001 class were holdovers from Cooper, anyway.

But the picture is that your argument is pretty baseless right now. How are we supposed to know whether any of the players Golden has brought in to date are impact or not? Again, no one - aside from Leach - knew Heupel would be a player at the time. His other offers were New Mexico and Utah St. We're in year 1.5 of Golden's tenure. It's entirely possible that he's already brought in 'impact players' and we don't know it yet. It's impossible to disprove your ****** point entirely, but it's equally impossible for you to prove it.

But you didn't see the picture. You tried to creat an argument and then counetr yoru own made argument. My general comment was directed at people who said Miami needs to overhau; the roster. Wrong. Miami ie Golden needs to add to the talent already here like Saban, tressel, stoops, carol etc did. I said nothing about first year this, second year that. that's crap you made up to give yourself something to talk about to make it loo like you've made some kinda point. You didn't do anything.

.............and yes kicker's can be impact players and who cares if no other coach saw what leach saw in heupel? meaningless comment and your post is pretty much meaningless since it's been PROVEN that those coaches brough in impact guys. what Golden does remains to be seen.

Advertisement
Back