Homer vs Akers

Advertisement
Only 19 carries is the key stat. Looks like UF might be a RBC and Scarlett won't get the volume to catch Walton. The Walton side of the bet is looking pretty good right now.

And Homer vs. Akers isn't looking so pretty either.

Our $100 wager was Scarlett having more/less than 936 yds this year.

Its RBC b/c he's a JAG.

Our offensive line is not great either. Particularly in the run game.
It’s not great but it’s not poor either. Our RB averaged 4.8 a carry vs. LSU and we’re averaging 4.5 over three games. Their worst game sadly was against Savannah State.

Our $100 wager was Scarlett having more/less than 936 yds this year.

Its RBC b/c he's a JAG.

A JAG is really all he needed to be to catch Walton. 182 for 936 yds 5.1 ypc - that's it. Scarlett certainly doesn't need to be anything special, he just needs to get the carries.

@bshaw28

I'm here to collect my $100.

Scarlett had 717 yds on the season.

JAG.

straightcashmonkey.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched him all year and I never saw anything special. I’ve watched football over 30 years and he never made me say “wow or he’s special “.

Like I said , he’s nice college player but I’ve seen far better rb’s as Fr. Duke , Gore , Dunn and Cook are guys that are examples of what special backs look like as a Fr.

Btw a majority of his yards against us was just awful gap control by lb’s and a few missed tackles.
Agree. Good, but nothing that blew me away. Only time I have been super impressed with him was the first half of their game against us last year in Doak. That dude ran like a man possessed that half! Jesus.

@bshaw28

I'm here to collect my $100.

Scarlett had 717 yds on the season.

JAG.

View attachment 70182

I'll definitely pay - no problem. @ssvir & @OriginalCanesCanesCanes - just PM how you want to get paid and I'll get you your $100

But looking at some career numbers, and checking back in on the Walton discussion, I've got some questions for you

Walton vs. ACC - 230 att 949 yds 4.1 ypc 9 TD's
Scarlett vs. SEC- 236 att 1,271 yds 5.4 ypc 7 TD's
Williams vs. ACC- 109 att 751 yds 6.9 ypc 10 TD's (and counting)

1) Are you still sure Walton is 2-3rd round NFL talent and Scarlett is just a JAG?
2) Are you still sure it's no question Miami got the best RB our of Mark Walton, Jordan Scarlett, and Dexter Williams?
3) Go look at the NFL stats - are you sure it's still crazy to say Walton, Yearby, and Gus Edwards were similar levels of talent?

I'll definitely pay - no problem. @ssvir & @OriginalCanesCanesCanes - just PM how you want to get paid and I'll get you your $100

But looking at some career numbers, and checking back in on the Walton discussion, I've got some questions for you

1) Are you still sure Walton is 2-3rd round NFL talent and Scarlett is just a JAG?
2) Are you still sure it's no question Miami got the best RB our of Mark Walton, Jordan Scarlett, and Dexter Williams?
3) Go look at the NFL stats - are you sure it's still crazy to say Walton, Yearby, and Gus Edwards were similar levels of talent?

I wasn't a card carrying member of the Mark Walton fan club so I would answer that all of the guys you mentioned (including Walton) will likely be short time NFL players and be 2nd/3rd/4th stringers for most of their careers.

Advertisement
I wasn't a card carrying member of the Mark Walton fan club so I would answer that all of the guys you mentioned (including Walton) will likely be short time NFL players and be 2nd/3rd/4th stringers for most of their careers.

So No, No, and No?

So No, No, and No?

1. Walton was obviously not a 2-3 rd pick but neither is Scarlett.
2. Walton had similar production to Scarlett and Dexter Williams was constantly suspended so that's a wash or slight lean to Walton.
3. Jury is still out in Gus v Walton and obviously Yearby might have had similar production but was much worse measurables and intangibles (special teams).

1. Walton was obviously not a 2-3 rd pick but neither is Scarlett.
2. Walton had similar production to Scarlett and Dexter Williams was constantly suspended so that's a wash or slight lean to Walton.
3. Jury is still out in Gus v Walton and obviously Yearby might have had similar production but was much worse measurables and intangibles (special teams).

I agree you on 1 & 3.

On 2 - I'd rank them Williams, Scarlett, Walton - but can definitely see ranking those 3 in any order in terms of their college production.

I do think Williams and Scarlett will test much better athletically than Walton, which tips the scale to them in terms of being better NFL prospects.

Advertisement
I agree you on 1 & 3.

On 2 - I'd rank them Williams, Scarlett, Walton - but can definitely see ranking those 3 in any order in terms of their college production.

I do think Williams and Scarlett will test much better athletically than Walton, which tips the scale to them in terms of being better NFL prospects.

Scarlett is a JAG. No way around it.

I’ll send you a PM as well

I agree you on 1 & 3.

Both Scarlett and Williams have a ****load of baggage and don't play special teams so I'm highly skeptical either will be drafted before Walton was in the 4th rd.

Advertisement
Back