Homer vs Akers

You’re siding with a guy that literally has like a thousand posts trashing Walton.

He lives to trash the guy. I think Walton smashed his mom and left her in the gutter.

He actually went on a 200 post rant about how Jordan Scarlett was better than Walton.

Good call, chief.
I’m not siding with anyone. Just giving my opinion on the topic from what I’ve seen. I’m new here soooo idk what beef y’all got going on talking about another mans mom lmao..when it comes too football discussion I take my orange and green tinted shades off and tell like it is 🤷🏽‍♂️. Walton and Scarlett are diff type of backs. JC is a one cut guy..mark had a little more patience and wiggle and runs with power too. What separates them imo is Walton’s hands. I believe that kid can be a 3 down back if he proves he can be good on 1 and 2nd downs..at the least he can be a change of pace 3rd down guy

Advertisement
Oh wait—bshaw is the guy who claimed Walton would be a sixth round pick and that Yearby is better. “Lmao.

I said Yearby, Walton & Gus were all similar talent levels.

I thought Yearby was outplaying Walton in 2016 and should've been given more carries (instead he lost his carries to Gus)

Here's our first 4 ACC games in 2016 that made me think that:

Yearby vs. Walton - 2016.jpg

Yearby only got 29 carries over the next 6 games. I think that was a mistake.

I also thought it was a mistake to give Walton 90% of the carries and Homer 10% of the carries in the Duke & FSU games last year.

And I said Walton would go in the 6th round, and he went in the 4th. I was off by 2 rounds - which I guess makes me an idiot. If you said Walton would go in the 2nd Round and were off by 2 rounds - would that make you equally as stupid?

I was critical of Walton when he first got here because he was too light in the *** to run between the tackles and kept trying to bounce everything outside. That’s why Yearby had a better average.

But Walton hit the iron hard that offseason and silenced his doubters.

Well, almost all of them. Cough bshaw cough.

I was critical of Walton when he first got here because he was too light in the *** to run between the tackles and kept trying to bounce everything outside. That’s why Yearby had a better average.

But Walton hit the iron hard that offseason and silenced his doubters.

Well, almost all of them. Cough bshaw cough.

Except Yearby always had the better average:

2015 - Walton 3.5 Yearby 4.9
2016 - Walton 5.3 Yearby 6.0

2 things i'll never understand:

1) Why people defend Walton to the death
2) Why NFL teams keep paying Sam Bradford to be their starting QB

Advertisement
We h ave never star
I’m not siding with anyone. Just giving my opinion on the topic from what I’ve seen. I’m new here soooo idk what beef y’all got going on talking about another mans mom lmao..when it comes too football discussion I take my orange and green tinted shades off and tell like it is 🤷🏽‍♂️. Walton and Scarlett are diff type of backs. JC is a one cut guy..mark had a little more patience and wiggle and runs with power too. What separates them imo is Walton’s hands. I believe that kid can be a 3 down back if he proves he can be good on 1 and 2nd downs..at the least he can be a change of pace 3rd down guy

Exactly...........

Walton is in the NFL, where is Yearby?
Walton is faster..yearby is a 4.7. 4.8 guy...but when they was both at the U yearby balled. It was just his speed. He was slow asf in the open field. Joe would’ve been better off coming back and transferring his SR season for pt..he’d be on a NFL preseason roster at least. Him leaving early was a mistake

Advertisement
I'll give you $100 too. Scarlett tops 936 yards, I win. If he gets injured, bets off. You good with that, or do you need the injury cushion like Original?

I'm good with that but if/when he gets suspended that counts as a loss for you.

What is a “pure RB?” The guy who averages almost half a yard less per carry than Homer?

Meaning his natural movements at the position are more efficient than Homer's. That statistic is a product of the offensive line, QB play, and the defensive alignment/scheme.

Advertisement
100 yrs rushing through the three cupcakes on the schedule.

Only 19 carries is the key stat. Looks like UF might be a RBC and Scarlett won't get the volume to catch Walton. The Walton side of the bet is looking pretty good right now.

And Homer vs. Akers isn't looking so pretty either.

Watch his tape against us again. He got out of so many TFL's it isn't even funny. Got through Shaq, Pinkney, Redawine, DJax... He's a dog. But so too is Homer.
I'm a big fan of Homer. I think he's getting underrated. Like Dallas a lot, too. All of them, in fact, based on high school videos. (Not to mention Lingard off his big run two weeks ago.)

Only 19 carries is the key stat. Looks like UF might be a RBC and Scarlett won't get the volume to catch Walton. The Walton side of the bet is looking pretty good right now.

And Homer vs. Akers isn't looking so pretty either.
Neither has done anything this season really

Advertisement
You’re the obsessed one. It’s really sick. Look at your posting history and get help.

Or are you Scarlett’s mom, or his bltch? Then I could understand.

But I’ll take your bet straight up. No outs. Injury or no injury.

Scarlett is such a pušśy, I could see him faking or exaggerating an injury because he might delusionally think he’s a high draft choice (like Walton) and wants to save himself for workouts and the combine (if he’s invited).
That's what I'm doing.

I just realized that Akers had 39 more carries that Homer and only 58 more yards, two fewer TDs. Homer averaged 5.9 yds per carry and Akers averaged 5.3. Homer is slept on by the media. Hope he balls out this year.

It's FSwho's " offensive " offensive line. Man, Syracuse " tore up that FSwho *** " on Saturday!

Akers has great vision and burst and was hard to tackle. I don't think he was a slouch at all. For a smaller back he runs hard.

Homer is tough as nails, fast, reliable and does every **** thing right! He doesn't look big (at least not last year) but he can wear down a D if fed enough.

Both are good but I'm going with homer.. for obvious reasons! FSU will get stomped by is this year. Dont think it should be close at all!! Last year we were 'finding ourselves '. This year we are on the verge of something special. They cant keep up with us. And their bozo coach will be exposed. Hes their AG!!

He's their AG. Man, that's fresh.

Advertisement
Back