Homer vs Akers

If FSU has freshman Dalvin Cook last year, we lose. They had Cam Akers, they lost. He's not a transcendent talent. He's a good player and could be great, but he isn't a program changing back. He's not even the best back in his own division.

This exactly but he’s being hyped as one because he was a five star.

Advertisement
Apples to Oranges. Homer is probably the better athlete and FB player, whereas Akers is a pure RB.
That said, Homer looked smoother on a recent video. If he can continue to refine his movement and be more efficient with his athleticism he'll be special.

Yeah but ST ain’t get trucked by just anybody. That’s my point. Greg Jones was a bad **** too..still remember what he did to those boys @ North Carolina..Akers is gonna be a problem. Along with that cat labron who went off during they spring game..FSU vs Miami comp is back. Deep talent on both side. We got the coaching now

Advertisement
Apples to Oranges. Homer is probably the better athlete and FB player, whereas Akers is a pure RB.
That said, Homer looked smoother on a recent video. If he can continue to refine his movement and be more efficient with his athleticism he'll be special.

What is a “pure RB?” The guy who averages almost half a yard less per carry than Homer?

Yeah but ST ain’t get trucked by just anybody. That’s my point. Greg Jones was a bad **** too..still remember what he did to those boys @ North Carolina..Akers is gonna be a problem. Along with that cat labron who went off during they spring game..FSU vs Miami comp is back. Deep talent on both side. We got the coaching now

Yeah not really. FSU is a lightweight.

Akers is not that impressive. Good college runner who isn’t particularly elite at anything. Homer is better and has more special skills (particularly his burst). Akers is overrated because of his recruiting ranking.

Well if Akers isn't impressive, then Walton isn't impressive, they're basically the same type of runner.

Advertisement
There was nothing Akers did last year to say he’s definitively better than Travis homer. It’s facts, Travis was the more efficient and productive player out of the two. It’s not like we had an elite group blocking in front of homer either.

Agree completely

Advertisement
1128.jpg

who?

UpVote for referencing The Juice!!! That dude could jump airport benches like no other. Even Arnie Palmer was impressed. Great comedic actor also. I will always have a soft spot for that lunatic.

Go Canes!
He had a pretty good game against us in '68. I think we played in the Coliseum.

Well if Akers isn't impressive, then Walton isn't impressive, they're basically the same type of runner.

At this time last year Walton was "the unquestioned best RB in the ACC, and one of the best RB's in the country"

Here's their career ACC rushing stats:

Walton - 230 att, 949 yds, 4.1 ypc, 9 TD's
Homer - 116 att, 630 yds, 5.4 ypc, 5 TD's
Akers - 129 att, 706 yds, 5.5 ypc, 3 TD's

So funny that when it's Homer vs Akers, it's "just look at the stats". But when it's Walton, it's "stats don't tell half the story"

Advertisement
Akers getting more votes is the residue effect of being a 5* recruit. We saw the same thing with Ray Ray armstrong, he had a decent season or two and everyone in the media was penciling him as a preseaso ln all ACC player.

It’s just the way it is.

At this time last year Walton was "the unquestioned best RB in the ACC, and one of the best RB's in the country"

Here's their career ACC rushing stats:

Walton - 230 att, 949 yds, 4.1 ypc, 9 TD's
Homer - 116 att, 630 yds, 5.4 ypc, 5 TD's
Akers - 129 att, 706 yds, 5.5 ypc, 3 TD's

So funny that when it's Homer vs Akers, it's "just look at the stats". But when it's Walton, it's "stats don't tell half the story"
I’m learning..this board is not for pure football discussion. Even if the topic is about your opinion on a pure football topic...you must side with our squad Miami and only Miami or your opinion doesn’t count lol

I’m learning..this board is not for pure football discussion. Even if the topic is about your opinion on a pure football topic...you must side with our squad Miami and only Miami or your opinion doesn’t count lol

80% of the time you're right, it's just blind homerism, or trolls. But there are a lot of posters who give really good unbiased insight as well

The board also gets rattled by players who are just solid contributors. It's usually either a player is one of the best in the ACC, or they suck and should transfer.

Advertisement
Back