Homer vs Akers

Akers is gonna be tough for us the next couple of years. He’s gonna be a good one.

However we have 2 Akers (maybe 3, maybe 4) so FSU is the ones that should be worried.

Advertisement
Quit. Please quit. There are a lot of college backs that look alike and then there are the special ones like D. Cook, Fournette, Barkley, and then-once in a generation ones like Ricky Williams, O.J. Simpson etc. The ones we are discussing are in the first category mentioned. Who knows who is best.

Akers is a stud no doubt but so too is Homer. I wouldn’t sleep on either one of them. Each has their forte and running ability, and both fit well into their offensive systems. No reason to think both won’t do exceptionally well this season

This is my thinking as well.

ANY D1 offensive coordinator would drool at the thought of having either of those two guys on their roster.

There was nothing Akers did last year to say he’s definitively better than Travis homer. It’s facts, Travis was the more efficient and productive player out of the two. It’s not like we had an elite group blocking in front of homer either.

The argument could be made that Akers isn't even the best RB on his own team

Akers vs. Patrick.jpg

Advertisement
I no one thing, #22 better not get trucked liked that this season

I still have flashbacks

Both good RBs. One Wally Pipped his way into being a stud and earned his RB1 status, other was a 5 star golden boy. Truth be told, if I had to pick between them, I'd take Homer, not because he is a Cane, but because he fought his way to the top. I respect the struggle. When the chips are down, you want the guy who is as talented as the anointed one, but fought tooth and nail for his spot.

Advertisement
Both good RBs. One Wally Pipped his way into being a stud and earned his RB1 status, other was a 5 star golden boy. Truth be told, if I had to pick between them, I'd take Homer, not because he is a Cane, but because he fought his way to the top. I respect the struggle. When the chips are down, you want the guy who is as talented as the anointed one, but fought tooth and nail for his spot.
And if you had a blind resume and you compared the film of homer and Akers and threw out the fact that Akers was rated the #1 rb and homer the #6 rb in the country you could really tell who is better.

Quit. Please quit. There are a lot of college backs that look alike and then there are the special ones like D. Cook, Fournette, Barkley, and then-once in a generation ones like Ricky Williams, O.J. Simpson etc. The ones we are discussing are in the first category mentioned. Who knows who is best.

UpVote for referencing The Juice!!! That dude could jump airport benches like no other. Even Arnie Palmer was impressed. Great comedic actor also. I will always have a soft spot for that lunatic.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
There was nothing Akers did last year to say he’s definitively better than Travis homer. It’s facts, Travis was the more efficient and productive player out of the two. It’s not like we had an elite group blocking in front of homer either.
Didn’t help either when Ahmmon and Herdon went down either

Both teams rushing attack were ranked in the 70's.

Homer avg 84 yards a game rushing.
Akers avg 78 yards a game rushing.

Homer had 9 total TD
Akers had 8 total TD

Homer had 13 total plays over 20 yds
Akers had 6 total plays over 20 yds

Homer had 3 total plays over 40 yds
Akers had 3 total plays over 40 yds

Homer longest play was 64 yds
Akers longest play was 63 yds

They both were pretty even last season. I will also say that prior to Walton getting hurt. Homer was hardly used in 2 games.

Advertisement
I can't fcking believe the amount of fsu pole smoking going on here. Some of you need to go back to whatever dumbass board the ***** holes use.

Then shut the fvck up.......faqqit

Not factual, Brock, but subjective. Let’s get that straight. Akers had to dodge bullets before he even had to take a handoff. Akers has NFL starter all over himself to suddenness, vision, size, and acceleration. And he can play all three downs.

Imagine having Blackmon as your starting QB and still averaging 5.3 yards.

Advertisement
Back