Hire Mike Leach!

Advertisement
I've seen it posted a few times ...

Do people really think Chud would come back to Miami to be OC???

Dude was an NFL OC and NFL HC ... If he comes back to college, and that's a big "if", it will be as HC. Otherwise, he will just stay in the NFL.

And while I agree with the sentiment that he prefers the NFL game ... The fact that he stayed in his current assistant to the HC position with Indy, instead of taking another OC gig, might suggest he is watching the Miami HC job ...

I also doubt Schiano would come to Miami for less than the HC position ...

But it would be interesting to see him and Leach on the same staff ...

Dude was an NFL OC and NFL HC ... If he comes back to college, and that's a big "if", it will be as HC. Otherwise, he will just stay in the NFL.

And while I agree with the sentiment that he prefers the NFL game ... The fact that he stayed in his current assistant to the HC position with Indy, instead of taking another OC gig, might suggest he is watching the Miami HC job ...

I know it's a long shot but if neither were offered an NFL gig and Miami puts the right money on the table, why not? They would lock down college football and be the perfect stepping stone to get another NFL HC gig; if that's what they're really after.

I, somewhat, agree with what you are saying on Schiano. It's reported Wisconsin and Pitt took a pass on him for their HC jobs ... So, he may need a DC gig to get back in the HC seat ... Similar to what Chizik is doing at UNC.

But with the money Chud got from Cleveland to go away, he can take his time. And worst case for him, he'll be an NFL OC after next season. I really can't see him accepting a college OC job ...

I know it's a long shot but if neither were offered an NFL gig and Miami puts the right money on the table, why not? They would lock down college football and be the perfect stepping stone to get another NFL HC gig; if that's what they're really after.

Advertisement
I can't believe there are people who still want to have a phone booth, pro-style offense in the age of the spread. Even funnier is the claim that the spread hasn't produced NFL talent.

You really can't make up the stupidity on here.

Would love to see a spread offense here as our base offense. Just don't want to see Leach here.

He'd get marginally better W/L results than C A G, and we'd be really fun to watch against the bad teams because we'd hang 100 on them. But we'd never win anything of significance with Leach as HC. He's proven what he is as a HC. He's been a HC long enough to know what he is and what he brings.

Would love to see a spread offense here as our base offense. Just don't want to see Leach here.

He'd get marginally better W/L results than C A G, and we'd be really fun to watch against the bad teams because we'd hang 100 on them. But we'd never win anything of significance with Leach as HC. He's proven what he is as a HC. He's been a HC long enough to know what he is and what he brings.
Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree with you regarding Leach.

Leach's Wazzu team will improve dramatically over the next several seasons. He finally will have a defense.

Advertisement
Has no one seen his teams play? They are abysmal.

The reason he doesn't have good defenses isn't bc he doesn't give a **** about anything but passing offense. He is the HC. He hires his assistants, he recruits the players. And for over a decade he has been a guy who puts up 100 points on lower division teams, and can't do **** against real teams.

Why? Bc you cannot win passing 75% of the time.

His record in the last five years has been well under .500.......simply said, he might have the worst record of any power 5 team over the last 3 years.

And if his players still suck it's bc he can't recruit (which we already know), and as we've seen at Miami recently, Miami DOES NOT sell itself.

I could care less anymore about Prostyle or spread, but the idea that we should hire a guy who lost 8 games in his third season at an FBS school is easily the stupidest suggestion for a coach you could possibly make.

Mike Leach since returning to coaching is 12-25.

It's much harder in the new Pac12 to schedule a billion cupcakes like he did at Tech, and he's thus far the worst coach by record in the power five at his current institution.

Last year, his third on the job at Wazzou, he beat Utah, Oregon State, and Portland State.

In wins he put up over 40 points only against Portland State, and lost by double digits in SIX of his losses.

"Oh but he's at Wazzou"......sounds awfully like "well he was at Temple what did u expect".

Mike Leach sucks. The guy lives in his own world and doesn't give a **** about anything but his own ego.

Advertisement
Ofcourse Leach has a bad record for the last three years......he coaches at wash st come on guys.

Ofcourse Leach has a bad record for the last three years......he coaches at wash st come on guys.

LOLOLOL have we not seen the fallacy in this thinking?

"Guys it was temple what did you expect!"

His record is an embarrassment. It's not that he's not winning PAC-12 titles; it's that he is dreadfully bad. Great coaches have proven time and again to win everywhere they go, and they develop and recruit kids to help them win.

If you are in your third season at a power 5 school and you go 3-9 with SIX blowout losses, you are a corch.

Stanford was the worst Power 5 program the year before Harbaugh arrived. They were 1-11!!

By his third year they were an 8 win team.

I don't ever want to hear about how bad Wazzou is. They are a traditional, power 5 school, with a bigger fan base than Stanford and none of the academic limitations. A good coach can turn even the worst program around in 3 years. Your ******* looking hero was 3-9. End the insanity for the love of god.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The things that people are forgetting is that:

1) If Leach were HC at Miami, he would have much better talent to work with than at his stops w/Texas Tech and Wazzu. That alone would probably help his track record as far as getting more kids into the league out of his system. Think about it this way--if guys like Demariyus Thomas can go from GT to the league in a run-first system, then anyone can make it if they're good enough, regardless of the system. If you're talented, you'll make it. Wes Welker and Michael Crabtree have both made themselves really good careers coming out of Leach's system.

Add in that maybe a guy like a Kevin Beard might hang around and stay at Miami under a guy like Leach, then the WR's will still get really good coaching for the next level.

2) The key isn't having a top notch DC, it's having a DC that can manage the lack of rest between possessions, and still get stops/turnovers to get Leach the ball back. Plus, again...the talent level would go up for whoever is running the D with Leach to work with. You can't just dismiss that on either side of the ball. If you can shop for higher quality groceries, then you'll be able to put out a higher quality meal.

Advertisement
Back