Hire Mike Leach!

Hurricane23

Sophomore
Premium
I would take him in a heartbeat over big Al, our defense might not be as good (cant get any worse than it is now) but our offense would put up 45+ a game, that would bring excitement which would fill the stands then maybe our defense would be good by default because we would pull in more elite players on that side of the ball due to butts in the seats from the offense scoring so much. Just thinking, give it to me guys:based-duke2:

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would take him in a heartbeat over big Al, our defense might not be as good (cant get any worse than it is now) but our offense would put up 45+ a game, that would bring excitement which would fill the stands then maybe our defense would be good by default because we would pull in more elite players on that side of the ball due to butts in the seats from the offense scoring so much. Just thinking, give it to me guys:based-duke2:

There is a legacy that we develop our players on our way to winning big. In turn, we have the reputation for being NFL U, because our players not only get to the NFL, but excel. We can get someone that can still be innovative offensively, and still develop players into high quality NFL players.

Rolling out the casket of Vince Lombardi would better than the clown in charge now.

Advertisement

NOPE.

Besides his apparent preference for backwater colleges in the sticks...you think people are complaining about our defense now?

1394848-tactic.jpg

Why? Yes his team puts points on the Board but during his 10 years at Tech he only put 19 players in the NFL..

As bad as Golden is, the Canes can put 8 maybe more players in this year alone..

Leach runs a gimmick offense and though it's exciting, it doesn't translate into anything Dominate..

no mike leach Miami should always be a pro style team south Florida has the players for it.

no mike leach Miami should always be a pro style team south Florida has the players for it.

As much as I used to say this I just can't agree anymore.

The spread has moved into the NFL on a small scale and the weapons South Florida produces every year at the skill positions scream spread offense.

Advertisement
Oh great, we're back pitching Mike Leach. Hey, since he's available, can't believe a genius hasn't yet suggested Lou Holtz.

While Leach might not be the best candidate he certainly not the worst mentioned on this board and would be an upgrade over Golden. He's never had the talent base to pull from like he would have in South Florida. There are plenty of Pro Teams that run a version of a spread offense. NE, NO, GB, etc.

Plus you go from pillars, wefense, and other limp noodle culture to this.

[video]https://youtu.be/v4veYug5pFo[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/uZaOFTp5_C8[/video]

Last edited:
One upside to Mike would be our return to being hated. Once he has Kaaya hang 100 on some ACC school, we can at least have people stop feeling sorry for us. I can't take the piety anymore. I want the hate again.

Advertisement
If you are what your record says, then Mike Leach is currently one of the worst coaches if not the worst coach in the Power-5.

He's a fraud whose fans are no different from Tebow fans; worshipping a guy who absolutely sucks.

Leach's current record is 96-68
Golden's current record is 55-56

We currently have one of the worst from the Power 5. Washington St is not a good job.

Not going to lie, the Air Raid offense is fun to watch and can put up gaudy numbers, especially with the talent in S. Florida. When he was at Tx Tech he took Texas and T&M's leftovers and made them competitive. He's currently doing the same thing at Washington St. Taking a dumpster fire of a team and making them at the very least watchable. Leach is an interesting candidate to say the least.

HOWEVER, as another posted stated, Miami has a legacy of running pro-style sets and sending multiple players to the NFL where most of them succeed at high levels. Leach doesn't have the history of that. Plus, his defenses have always been atrocious. In order for me to fully be on board with his hiring he'd have to a) incorporate some type of pro-style/spread hybrid on offense and b) hire a Kirby Smart, Pat Narduzzi, Bud Foster type of defensive coordinator and let him do their thing, with near autonomy. Leach is a interesting choice for HC, but im only halfway sold on him.

Advertisement
So Leach put up crazy numbers at Tech WITHOUT much NFL talent. Now, imagine him with literally 5 times the talent at Miami. His system isn't why he didn't put kids in the NFL, but rather the fact the kids just weren't NFL material. Give him kids who are NFL material and there's no telling what he'd do with it. I'd certainly be willing to take a chance on him. Especially if he goes out and hires a good D coordinator. The reason his Ds stunk were because of that lack of talent you spoke of, and the fact his O kept putting that D back on the field. Of course his Ds were going to be bad statistically. Now, give him some real talent on D, let them take chances and play aggressive, which you can do when you O can score, and he might do well here. He has never, ever, had the talent to work with that he would have here. South Florida kids would be lining up to play for him.
Why? Yes his team puts points on the Board but during his 10 years at Tech he only put 19 players in the NFL..

As bad as Golden is, the Canes can put 8 maybe more players in this year alone..

Leach runs a gimmick offense and though it's exciting, it doesn't translate into anything Dominate..

I have no idea how well he'd do here. If he were to attract a solid DC and actually place some emphasis on defense in practice, I think he could possibly do well here.

Well, to put it in perspective, the last coach Miami hired from Washington St. wound up doing pretty well here LOL.

Advertisement
Back