Hire Matt Campbell now!!!

They arent soft and quitters in high school. So what is it?

Because they are frontrunners with enough raw talent to run past the guys on the other side. And they are in fact quitters when things aren't going their way, even at the high school level. The guys we get are playing for a future paycheck.

Advertisement
Because they are frontrunners with enough raw talent to run past the guys on the other side. And they are in fact quitters when things aren't going their way, even at the high school level. The guys we get are playing for a future paycheck.
I disagree with you on that. With the proper coaches in place, this would be a non issue.

Funny how we have had 18 years of entire staffs being failures with the common denominator being that 3/4ths of our roster comes from south Florida.
It's not funny, its incompetence on behalf of the ADs doing the hiring. What coaches have gone on to have success elsewhere? Now compare that to the number of players who have left and gon on to have successful NFL careers.

Advertisement
It's not funny, its incompetence on behalf of the ADs doing the hiring. What coaches have gone on to have success elsewhere?

None, because they failed here. Why would someone else give them a shot? It doesn't mean, though, that there were not player-related factors that led to that failure. You guys claim that any ******* with 8 wins can come here and clean up, but we have literally watched 18 years worth of coaching staffs not be able to do anything.

None, because they failed here. Why would someone else give them a shot? It doesn't mean, though, that there were not player-related factors that led to that failure. You guys claim that any ******* with 8 wins can come here and clean up, but we have literally watched 18 years worth of coaching staffs not be able to do anything.
Saban has failed elsewhere, Belichick has failed elsewhere. Pete Carroll failed multiple times. They learned from their failures and got better because they were good coaches. We haven't had good coaching in those 18 years you are referencing. However, in those 18 years we have sent many players on to have successful NFL careers. Golden went 6-7 with a team that had like 6 draft picks and I think 2 were first rounders. So the talent is good enough for the NFL but not good enough for college.

By your logic, let's keep hiring unqualified, inexperienced coaches, and no longer recruit south Florida. I wonder how that would work out?

Saban has failed elsewhere, Belichick has failed elsewhere. Pete Carroll failed multiple times. They learned from their failures and got better because they were good coaches. We haven't had good coaching in those 18 years you are referencing. However, in those 18 years we have sent many players on to have successful NFL careers. Golden went 6-7 with a team that had like 6 draft picks and I think 2 were first rounders. So the talent is good enough for the NFL but not good enough for college.

By your logic, let's keep hiring unqualified, inexperienced coaches, and no longer recruit south Florida. I wonder how that would work out?

Six draft picks on a team of 85? You have to know that football games don't play out that way.

I didn't say anything about who we should or shouldn't hire, so don't make things up. But yes, if we're going to compete nationally, we have to find guys from all over the country and quit trying to load up on dumb south Florida players.

Six draft picks on a team of 85? You have to know that football games don't play out that way.

I didn't say anything about who we should or shouldn't hire, so don't make things up. But yes, if we're going to compete nationally, we have to find guys from all over the country and quit trying to load up on dumb south Florida players.
Miami and Fort Lauderdale were one and three for cities that most NFL players called home. So those dumb south florida players are still doing something right 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement

No, we need a coach that can get the right south Florida players and develop them. We haven't had either since Butch.

Advertisement
If we don't have the "right" players, then tell people to stop claiming that we have so much talent.
Elite talent, no but far far better than every team in the coastal. Actually the whole ACC minus Clemson and maybe FSU. Willie's classes have been much worse than Jimbo's.

Advertisement
Elite talent, no but far far better than every team in the coastal. Actually the whole ACC minus Clemson and maybe FSU. Willie's classes have been much worse than Jimbo's.

Great, but mediocre talent that is barely good enough to be the "best in the Coastal" still isn't going to stand out against other P5 teams. We don't have a single gamechanger on the field right now.

Great, but mediocre talent that is barely good enough to be the "best in the Coastal" still isn't going to stand out against other P5 teams. We don't have a single gamechanger on the field right now.
That's ridiculous and proves it's the corches not developing them and putting them in positions to. We have plenty of game changers but **** and Baker can't scheme their way out of a wet paper bag.
The '18 class was top 8 and had numerous all Americans, it's too bad we don't have anyone to utilize them.
Also, the point of having the better talent than your division of P5 teams, is that you should be better.

That's ridiculous and proves it's the corches not developing them and putting them in positions to. We have plenty of game changers but **** and Baker can't scheme their way out of a wet paper bag.
The '18 class was top 8 and had numerous all Americans, it's too bad we don't have anyone to utilize them.

Again, this isn't about Manny and 2019. This has been an issue for 18 years.

You can argue that our coaches should be winning the freaking Coastal, but aren't sniffing the top teams with our current roster, no matter who the coach is.

Advertisement
Back