Hire Matt Campbell now!!!

Advertisement
what has he done?
Just win at a place where nobody wins at. Hasn’t lost by more than 14 since ‘16 and he lost by 14 once in the same time span. Also, based on the last two years he’s bound to beat one of Texas or Oklahoma...at Iowa State.

That’s all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just win at a place where nobody wins at. That’s all.
There’s a guy who turned a program around that doesn’t win... he took a temple program that was near getting booted from FBS... what was that guy’s name... oh that’s right, Al Golden!!!

There’s a guy who turned a program around that doesn’t win... he took a temple program that was near getting booted from FBS... what was that guy’s name... oh that’s right, Al Golden!!!
Oh so Al Golden beat Oklahoma in ‘17 with 3x the inferior team and has beaten Dana Holgerson and Mike Gundy as well? Al golden also had a stout Defensive Coordinator that was proven against some of the best offenses in the country in John Heacock?

Lol, so every coach is Al Golden? This is the laziest argument ever.

When did Golden ever upset a playoff or BCS team?

Also you do know Golden dropped down a less competitive conference to get that sterling Temple record? It was literally smoke and mirrors and Miami's dumb admin fell for it.

Last edited:
#1 - our administration and decision makers do not have the foresight, the cojones, or the capital to make any significant coaching hire. They are slobs.

#2 - our fanbase is a bunch of mouthbreathers that wouldn't understand what the man is doing in the first few years as he gives this entire program an *****.

#3 - he's been successful -- to a point, and I like Matt Campbell...but I'm not sure he's a fit yet...unless by "fit" you mean any coach with a pulse would be better than the zombie trash we've had over the past 15 years.

#4 - our school lacks the infrastructure to compete at the highest level and anything we do moving forward will be the equivalent of going to the Goodwill Store to get a suit for a job interview. Place is garbage.

Since when does every coach have to be a "fit" in Miami? Was Jimmy or Dennis Miami guys before they were hired?

Advertisement
Just win at a place where nobody wins at. Hasn’t lost by more than 14 since ‘16 and he lost by 14 once in the same time span. Also, based on the last two years he’s bound to beat one of Texas or Oklahoma...at Iowa State.

That’s all.
Not to mention several coach of the year awards

Since when does every coach have to be a "fit" in Miami? Was Jimmy or Dennis Miami guys before they were hired?

Erickson's offense was Miami. Jimmy's attitude and demeanor was Miami.

Its not about where they are from, its what they are made of. Those guys are bad countpoints, because they were fits.

That’s all.
But what about that makes him any better than a guy like mario for example

But what about that makes him any better than a guy like mario for example
Easier Buyout, 4 seasons of 8 wins or more, and has done more with way less than Mario has. Let me know what Mario’s record is after Justin Herbert leaves.

Advertisement
Erickson's offense was Miami. Jimmy's attitude and demeanor was Miami.

Its not about where they are from, its what they are made of. Those guys are bad countpoints, because they were fits.

Here is the thing this "Miami guy" thing is SO SO SO overblown. Its literally the dumbest things in this fan base.

Good coaches know how to adapt period. Bill Belicheck, Pete Carrol, Urban Meyer, countless other good coaches adapt to being at miami.

Even when Jimmy came to Miami said he learned to adapt to the players environment and city by relating to his players coming from an impoverished backgrounds (as stated in the U part one). It took him to be open minded to other cultural norms not bc he was always a "miami guy.

Tell me how many people move to a different culture and/or country and adapt seamlessly? Was it because internally they were always "meant" to be in that part of that country or culture or was it bc they were smart and willing to adapt to any environment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here is the thing this "Miami guy" thing is SO SO SO overblown. Its literally one of the dumbest things in this fan base.

Good coaches know how to adapt period. Bill Belicheck, Pete Carrol, Urban Meyer, countless other good coaches adapt to being at miami.

Even when Jimmy came to Miami said he learned to adapt to the players environment and city by relating to his players coming from an impoverished backgrounds (as stated in the U part one). It took him to be open minded to other cultural norms not bc he was always a "miami guy.

Tell me how many people move to a different culture and/or country and adapt seamlessly? Was it because internally they were always "meant" to be in that part of that country or culture or was it bc they were smart and willing to adapt to any environment.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing, brother.

Explain how exactly Campbell is not a fit in Miami?

His best record is 9-4 at Toledo over a nearly 10 year career as a head coach and he's never won his conference. Also, whats his calling card? Offensive playcalling? This is his first year where he's had an offense in the Top 25...do you want to buy high on him? Defensively...you're looking at guy whose teams top out in the 30s nationally.

You'd be asking him to be a lot more than he's ever been at this school and it'll take him more time than anyone would give him to turn this thing into something significant and we are a long way away. Coaches in the same breath, I'd consider Dino Babers a better candidate and he's having a terrible year at Syracuse. More successful in the MAC. Popped higher at Syracuse. Offense from the Briles tree that I think would destroy here. Fun, energetic guy. Similarly, PJ Fleck, another guy in the same mold, similar career trajectory, that I think is a better coach than Campbell.

Listen man, I like Matt Campbell...a lot. I think he's a very good coach...one that is still on the ascent. But I don't think he's elite and I don't think he'd be successful here. He'd have his career trajectory immediately trend southward in this hellhole.

Just because I've got diarrhea of the fingers in this post...just to discuss PJ Fleck...do you think anyone on this forum or among our fanbase would ever buy into his ROW THE BOAT gimmick? He'd be clowned.

Also, lets be honest about Campbell...our BoT and decision makers don't even know who the fvck he is. These clowns are clueless. They're already ****ing their peckers to somehow finesse Mario Cristobal here in the wake of this Manny Diaz disaster.

Advertisement
Back